Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we get a Navigation Bar at the bottom of each page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get a Navigation Bar at the bottom of each page?

In order to move between sub-forums AND have the site recognize that you've read the latest post in a particular forum, you need to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to the Navigation Bar and the "breadcrumb" trail (so aptly named). This is really frustrating when you are on a long page. Using the < or > key will move you but for some reason the site doesn't recognize that you have read the post so that post will continue to appear in bold type, indicating that it hasn't been read.

Adding a navigation bar and breadcrumb trail and / or a "^ to the top" tab with the next vBulletin update would be greatly appreciated. It is also possible I'm just missing a very basic key stroke that would fix this problem for me .... let me know if that is the case.

Beeline, the new arrow icons are fantastic 👏. Thank you so much. Now getting to the last post is super fast.

I would still like a nav bar at the bottom of the page allowing us to get back to the subforum topic page without having to scroll back to the top of the page (so tedious on long pages). Also, it appears to me that the breadcrumb trail font is smaller ... not a fan of tiny fonts as it contributes to fat fingering mistakes.

Comment

• Tapasz
      Tapasz commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree about the tiny font. I end up in peoples profile a lot when trying to tap the little arrows. And hit member list instead of the section I need. As for scrolling to the top, you can simply tap on top of your page and it will bring you there.

• tzr1877
      tzr1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Great tip - thanks Tapasz. I did not know about tapping the top of the page! What a time saver, not just for SV but for everything I do on my iPad. Clearly, I missed some important info at the Apple Store tutorial.

Thanks for the feedback Tzr. We've recently updated the forum software to the most recent version. While there are some fixes to outstanding issues, there are a few new hiccups to deal with as well. I'll see if anything can be done about the fonts.

Comment

• tzr1877
      tzr1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee, now I understand why this post didn't initially merit a response ... indeed, a basic finger swipe / tap was the answer to my problem, eh! You can ignore the nav bar request 😃.
Working...
X