Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody else had problems with the forum notifications over the last couple of days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody else had problems with the forum notifications over the last couple of days?

I know there are some issues with the notifications when using a mobile device but the problems seem to increase last few days... Every time i check my notifications (using iPad mini retina) there are some strange notifications or double ones for the same thread... Some look like this:

it is hard to sort out which are the correct ones... And strange too, after checking a few hours later, the notifications are still there but contain a new count or new commenters... Has anyone noticed the same?

Hi Light. The notification system is currently broken and has many issues on mobile devices and desktops/laptops. We are awaiting a forum software update to fix these and other issues, but we have no ETA on when that will be.

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! Hopefully you will get the bug fix soon 😉

Comment

• Ginger
        Ginger commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for bringing this us "Light"! Reading SB's answer is what I needed to know................

• LightofFire
        LightofFire commented
        Editing a comment
        NP, you're welcome! Enjoy playing! 😊

There was an update, right?.. That was the little downtime, or? On the one side: great we could now get to posts directly! On the other side: the comment function is gone? And the edit function on posts doesn't seem to work so far... Not so happy about...

sorry... Maybe the change is not finished yet... I will patiently wait for infos about 😊

Comment

Hi Light. Yes, the forum software was updated this afternoon. We're still looking over all of the changes and potential new issues.

Comment

Thank you, quick as ever 😊

Comment

The forum didn't notice new posts, there are still old ones showed and it looks like the sticky topics all time shows a page before the latest... And it lags really bad... Noticed this last few days and it is getting worse! Please have a look into it if you could! Thank you!

Comment

Same with me. I'm using "Mark all topics read" and since then ... latest post is from yesterday afternoon.

Comment

What a time waster ... it's like starting from scratch each time I log on. Hopefully, it's a sign they are tweaking it. I usually come to the forum when I'm frustrated with glitches and lag in SV and now I get the same from the forum ... argh!

Comment

My posts keep disappearing today! I redid one thinking I must have accidentally put it somewhere else, watched it get posted, checked on it later to see if there was a response, and it was gone again! Really strange!

Comment

This is really getting worse and worse. I do not get any messages normally - and when I do I cannot read them.
                    Most of the time there is no notification (Topicname marked in bold) when someone writes a new post - and often not an update where the writter and the time of the last post is supposed to be mentioned.
                    And now topics keep looking like there is new post in them even though there is not. I get error messages when trying to comment - and then the comment is submittet anyway and I can often not edit my posts.

Comment

i cannot check my messages. keep getting an error message though ...

Comment

Same problem here

Comment

Another problem with notifications, I get notifications when somebody replied on a conversation. It shows the wrong user. Example: this afternoon I got a notification: LightofFire replied to a conversation, but actually chickadee replied. And profile picture was shown!

Comment

• LightofFire
                            LightofFire commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This is because the last user who has posted in this thread is shown, means, if you are the last poster (you've made the latest post) it will tell you that you have commented on your own reply! Sometimes it shows you only the first commenter however who has commented! I had this issues sometimes ago and somebody told me that!

• Clumsy
                            Clumsy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you for telling me that LightpfFire . I really was wondering why this was. Thank you

Same problem here, too. I can't check messages or any notifications. Sheesh. 😕

Comment

• Clumsy
                            Clumsy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Same problem here,

• LightofFire
                            LightofFire commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Same here!

• EliEze67
                            EliEze67 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I started a separate topic on another thread and neglected to read here first. Adding myself to this list of those having problems with accessing unread messages. It's frustrating.... :-/
                        Working...
                        X