Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having trouble with pm storage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having trouble with pm storage?

Tried to send a pm to someone and couldn't post it because supposedly my storage is full? It says I have 95 messages stored which is absolute nonsense. Got maybe 4-5 which I deleted now. Still can't post anything? Can somebody please check this? And increase the amount while you're at it?

Also please change the "post" button in a "send" button? It's confusing if you want to send a pm now.

Haven't had this issue yet, Tapasz. But I'm not using PM much. Will keep an eye out for it.

Comment

• Tapasz
      Tapasz commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't used it much either....maybe 4-5 (total of received and sent!) which I deleted. Then I got a pm from a friend which I wanted to answer and the popup showed??? Problem is when you try to send me a pm I won't receive it, but you won't get a notification it can't be delivered. So you would think I refuse to answer you....

Hey Tapasz. Can you take a screen shot of your Message Center?

Comment

Here goes....

Comment

All is empty as you can see...trash folder sent items also empty. Only thing I can think of is my post history? But can't delete it. And it shouldn't be necessary...I'd like to search in posts sometimes. And strange thing is I set my notifications to email yet all come in notification centre as well...which is great because email doesn't show all now
        Last edited by Tapasz; 12-05-2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

What happens when you click on "Message Center" there at the top of the left column?

Comment

Nothing, only shows your last comment

Comment

I'll search the vBulletin Customer Support pages and see if I can find anyone else with the issue or see if it's a known glitch with the current version of the forum software. I'll let you know what I find.

Comment

Thanks for your help! The only thing I can think of now is my post history being the problem. As you have many posts as well aready....can you send pms? (And try me for it so you can see if you get some sort of message?)

Comment

I was able to send some when we were testing out the forum a while back. I'll try and send one now though just to test it.

Comment

Okay, yup. I can't send any either. I got a message similar to yours except mine says I have 1,987 stored messages.. LOL Totally not correct since I clear it out daily and always empty the trash.. Something is obviously wrong and I bet it's a bug in the current version of the vBulletin software.

Comment

LMAO!! See...smart move to check it like this

Comment

Okay, I found out what's going on. It is indeed a bug with the current version of the vBulletin software. They say it will be fixed in a future version (ETA uknown) Until then there is a possible workaround in the settings that I can try later today. I'll let you know what happens! :P

Comment

Ooohhhh....exiting! Please don't post the solution as pic

Comment

Okay Tapasz. Try it now and let me know if it works. I tried their temporary work around.

Comment

Working...
                            X