No announcement yet.

Off Topic Chit-Chat for both Smurfs' Village and Snoopy's Street Fair players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling bee got a question for you. Since beeline no longer updates SSF how many people still play it? Numbers are low I am sure cause no new people can join but of the millions that did play how many still play?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Gma. Very few. There are some sites out there that monitor usage, downloads, and app revenue. Of those that still have info on SSF, they have the revenue, users, and downloads all at under 5k. Of course, that's the bare minimum, and we know the downloads are at zero since the app is no longer even available. So, your guess is as good as mine. There could be as many as 5,000, to as few as just a few hundred. Those that do play are all like you guys. Just playing because they love the game still. Even though there are no more updates.

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much for answering Janie's question, Spelling Bee. That's very interesting to know.

• gmajanie
      gmajanie commented
      Editing a comment
      It's by the grace of spelling be we can still communicate here. Thank you thank you thank you.

• HI guys just catching up. Took my Mom to the ER last Saturday morning thought she had a stroke. Boy I'll tell you that stroke team was impressive! Turns out it wasn't a stroke, thank God, but her BP has been around 220, 230 over 80's so they admitted her and she's been there having everything they could think of. MRI, CAT scan, echocardiogram, kidney ultrasound, zillions of blood tests. Couldn't find a cause but couldn't keep it down unless she was on IV meds. So they starting fiddling with her 5 BP meds and for 24 hours it was steady at around 154/70. Surprised the heck out of me when I went to see here after work today--they were waiting for me so they could discharge her! I'm nervous about it because I don't think that was long enough to say it's going to stay at that level, but here she is, taking a nap back at my house. As exhausting as doing the hospital/work/home thing is, it was the first time I didn't have to worry about it constantly in a couple of years. I felt they'd find answers and fix it. Now we're back to keep your fingers crossed that this works. Oh well a lot of you have been through this yourselves, I'm sure not the only one taking care of an elderly parent. And the patient next to her let her use one of those adult coloring books and she loved it! So I can add that to her search a words, paperbacks, and Nook when she's here. πŸ–

Comment

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Sir WaitNPumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Cat - I sure hope her BP stays under control. I will pray for both of you.

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Cat, I hope your mom is ok. Mine had a stroke when she was 53 and I took care of her when my dad died. I understand how hard it is to do all of that and will keep you both in my thoughts. πŸ’•

• the cat next door
      the cat next door commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks everybody! Her BP is better so far, but she's more afraid of walking now. I know the hospital teams mean well and want to make sure she's OK at home, but I think they kind of scared her this time, talking about not having railings everywhere inside her house. She lives in a ranch; I know stairs are hard for her here but she doesn't have any there. My son or I do her laundry and get whatever else she needs in her basement. Shes been very careful when she walks for about a year, which is understandable at 88. But she's also still been really independent around her house, and not feeling anxious about getting dressed or making herself something to eat. Now she's really hesitant to get out of bed and walk here, even with her cane. They didn't suggest a walker but maybe I should get one. She does wants to go back to her house this afternoon, so I guess I'll take her and my son there. I'll be getting her again Wednesday because she has a Dr appt at 9 AM and then she's coming back her for Thanksgiving.

• Officer Opinabox: Hey, Ginger ... I saundered through Lil' P's Fair today. She really has come a long way since last year. I found her 12/23 and 12/24 PMB's back at C/D-5. She has really learned from her past experience of butterfingers to keep her boxes separated and safe. I mean, there is nothing ... absolutely nothing around these 2 boxes to interfere and get in her way when she is tapping xp's and coins. Smart Girl!

Ginger: Thanks, Opie. I've put the information down in the office, but that C/D-5 doesn't mean that's where she will eventually set-up her game by 12/1. You will have to saunder (where do you come up with these words) in there again later on. First boxes aren't opened til 12/13, so she has plenty of time to add to her stash.

Comment

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll be setting everything up around there because I'm afraid to touch them 😁

• Officer Opinabox: Whoa ......... blow me down. What a surprise when I went into Karen's Fair. She has 72 boxes all neatly laid out at her B-2 area. That's the same amount of
    boxes you have, Ginger.

Ginger: Oh, that's neat! Thanks Opie. I love the pictures you are getting. So much fun to share these with each other. Karen is an old pro at this game, so I'm sure she is going
    to be safe with that set-up!!!

Comment

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Editing a comment
      Excellent display. I like how gnomes are keeping watch with their lethal weapons....fishing poles. And having a large absence of a LWT in my fair, I'm super jealous that Karen has three.

• gmajanie
      gmajanie commented
      Editing a comment
      Is that 12 pallets of 6 ? What a neat way to display.

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's so cute!

• Officer Opinabox: Hey, Ginger .... I found this set-up of 37 boxes in Ah Piggy's Fair. This is where she was set-up before. Can you find out from her if she plans to play all 37 boxes
    in this year's game?

Ginger: Yep, I'll ask her. If she is going to play all 37 boxes, she will need to open 37 boxes from 12/1 through 12/24. I'll make sure she is aware of that! Get me the coordinates.

HEY AH PIGGY .... ARE YOU PLAYING THESE 37 BOXES FOR THE TWELVE DAYS OF XMAS THIS YEAR???????

Comment

• Ah Piggy
      Ah Piggy commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Ginger, you're ^πŸ’‹^ welcome, all boxes dedicated to you ❣️

• Sir Scott--thinking of you. Season's Flags has some new Peanuts New Year's garden flags offerings, just in case you haven't seen. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Comment

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Editing a comment
      I put in my order last week! I took inventory of my garden flags and while I had 7 Halloween and six Christmas, I had no News Years Peanuts flags.

• So I'm offering this up not so much as a complaint as an observation, but I kind of feel like this year's Christmas Peanuts offerings from Hallmark (besides the ornaments, I mean) were a little lackluster. I definitely like the theme--cooking--but most of the items are just "meh" in my opinion. I did not purchase much (which is fine--saved my pocketbook--lol!). I guess I was just surprised is all. Usually their offerings cost me an arm and a leg. I do like the retro looking Peanuts giftwrap tho. πŸ˜„

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh! Oooh! Oooh! Peanuts gift wrap. Gotta go check that out.

• EliEze67
      EliEze67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oooh, Peanuts gift wrap!! Gotta get my hands on a few (or more) rolls too!!

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Editing a comment
      I agree. I think part of of the let down feeling is because there was so much available last year with the 50 year anniversary of the Christmas special.

• Well, here I am - a day late & a dollar short as usual. Hopefully Ginger can still squeeze me in to the 12 Days list! I have 34 PMBs saved. My SSF game is still on my old device. Never moved it to the new one, because we'd already heard that SSF wouldn't be updated anymore. So now it's a question of whether the game or the old phone will die first. For that reason I only saved every other PMBs & opened the rest along the way.

Anyway, I'm glad to see so many of you still in the forum. I do play SSF most days, though lately have to admit to losing my playing streak a few times just because I seem to be too busy most of the time. Here in Chicago we are preparing to go from summer to winter within the next 24 hours, so I need to unearth some gloves & scarves.

I skimmed thru the posts on this forum, so saw the instructions for the 12 days. Will go back & read them more carefully.

Greetings to all!

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, Boy ... It does pay to be persistent! So glad we caught up with you Ricoroo. I'm running short of colors for hoppers, so I have just made you neon green (on the far right hand side of the front row) in the BFF (ButterFingers Fraternity) pen.

• 2Poodles (Ricoroo)
      2Poodles (Ricoroo) commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Ginger. I don't remember -Am I supposed to paint something that color in my fair or is it just the color for my hopper?

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the color of your Hopper. You don't do any coloring.

• This is the updated list as of today, 11/17 --- I'm guessing at some of the coordinates, but they can be changed when I see where your set-ups are actually placed.

Ah Piggy (black) A-3

Biddy (lavender)

Cat (yellow) B-4

Cookie (Red) D 1\2

E=Z (purple)

Ern (light green) C-2

Ginger (aqua) E-5

Inga (dark green) C-2

Janie (burgundy) C-2

Karen (hot pink) B-2

Lil’ P (light pink) C\D-5

Mom (brown) C\D2+B2

Ric (neon green) C-3

Scott (blue) B-4

Snoopy Fan (white) C-5

Tweets (orange) D1+C2

Steve (To You) (light blue)
    Last edited by Ginger; 11-24-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• SnoopyFan
      SnoopyFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay, at the risk of sounding stupid... what are the coordinates?

• EliEze67
      EliEze67 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ginger, I should have my space ready and decorated after Thanksgiving! Most likely in one of the "squares". My pile is going to be quite small this year though...only 2 so far. But still trying for more!!

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Fan ... On 12/1, Officer Opinabox visits each playing fair each day to check on your boxes. It helps him if I can give him coordinates of where each set-up is so he doesn't have to wander around each fair looking for the boxes. Across the top is A through E, and going from top to bottom is 1 through 5. So C-4 would mean halfway across the top and down almost to the bottom.

• Officer Opinabox: Hey Ginger ... last night on the way home, I decided to stop by the newbies fair to make sure I knew where to find it. Had quite a chuckle at how Fan has placed the two PMB's right next to the graveyard. I think Fan may have been taking some lessons from Lil' P.

Ginger: Oh, that is clever. Nobody is going to want to wander in at night to mess with Fan's boxes right next to the graveyard. By the way, don't forget you have meetings right after Thanksgiving with Security. I've got it on the calendar.

Comment

• SnoopyFan
      SnoopyFan commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I had to make sure I wouldn't accidentally open them! Or be tempted to...

• Okay, since I got my 2nd PMB box for 12 Days, I've tried 8 more times. The result? Three more stupid wavy men, 1 bunny, and 4 freaking butterflies---AURGHHHHH. Darn. I wouldn't feel so bad if I at least got a $2 Snoopy Buck out of all of this....

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep ... Your chances go up once you get the maximum bunnies and butterflies out in the playing field.

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I got a stupid bubble machine -.-

• the cat next door
      Editing a comment
      I've noticed a decided lack of SDs in the silver and gold boxes lately. I'd take a butterfly or bunny over the Dreaded Three anyday, but I reached my limit on them years ago. Right now I'm stuck in fishing gnome land. 🎣

• Oh, hey, wow, just noticed since moving to bongfish forum, I've suddenly gone up to all orange bars under my name! Hah, I feel like a long-time poster now!

Comment

• Sir WaitNPumpkin
      Editing a comment
      Congratulation. You are now a professional poster.

• the cat next door
      Editing a comment
      Hey that's great Snoopy Fan! I think it took me forever to get all those bars!

• Janie ... Thank you for my little friendship gift. I don't know where you guys get the SD's to do these things. I just barely make it using my $5SD every 5 days to let me use the fast collect once a day.

Comment

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I use Snoopy to collect but sometimes he misses a few things so I have to look around. That's why I cleared the area and put my PMBs there but I almost hit one by moving around looking for missed things. I'm also trying to get the stalls I don't have so I try not to break a playing streak. Don't you have the Snoopy collect thingy?

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Lil' P ... If you were talking to me ... Yes I have the instant collect which I use once a day. If I come in more during the day, I use my finger. I very seldom use Snoopy because I have sooooo much stuff it drives me crazy waiting for him to collect everything.

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, Ginger, I was asking if you had him and I understand because I don't have that much stuff and it takes a few minutes. I took the pig out of storage to up my SD. Saving for the 55 ones is torturous. So, thank you Cat for the tip 😊

• I was looking in my storage seeing what I had. And I bought a plimp not meaning too. 10 bucks gone. (

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      As Charlie Brown would say, "RATS!"

• the cat next door
      Editing a comment
      OH no Ern! That's really too bad, although you'll get XP from it. πŸ™€

• Ginger I don't know when they'll pull the plug on him, but the obnoxious pink pig lets you collect points toward SDs. I had forgotten all about him, but when Snoopy Fan mentioned it I decided to try it. So I take him out in the morning, watch the 2 videos I get for 3 coins each, then put him back in storage. If I remember I do the same thing later in the day. It's kind of tedious but 10 coins gets you 1 SD. So if you do it twice you get 1 a day. Not enough to go crazy gifting with, but it's something. 🐷

Comment

• Ginger
      Ginger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Cat ... I had forgotten about the pig. I have him in storage. I watch ads at SV and at STT, trying to get enough to buy seeds in SV when it is necessary and to open land in STT. I'll have to add the pig to my routine (when I have time).

• LittlePumpkin
      LittlePumpkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I forgot about him, so thank you Cat!
Working...
X