No announcement yet.

Random Off Topic Chit-Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When the little smurfling is playing with the blues... priceless... and so sweet to see that he shares your passion Click image for larger version

Name:	259FC21F-DEF4-44F4-8E17-CD098F012389.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	255211

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4B9BDCFE-DD55-49B7-A303-38FC60558250.jpeg
Views:	236
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	255912
      πŸ˜‚

Comment

• Chat noir
        Chat noir commented
        Editing a comment
        happybird. Absolutely love this! Had me in fits of laughter!

• cosmickitten HAPPY BIRTHDAY from one February feline to another! Hope you have a great day!

Comment

• cosmickitten
        cosmickitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Chat noir! πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ₯³. Here’s hoping for an update sized birthday present... 😊

• πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ’›πŸ’›πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽˆπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸ­πŸΎπŸ₯‚from me also happy birthday cosmickitten and have a wonderful day πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ‚πŸŽπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‚πŸΎπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽπŸŽ‚πŸ₯‚πŸ’›

Comment

• cosmickitten happy birthday from me, too! Cheers πŸ₯‚ here’s a Mojito for you and all who join to celebrate πŸŽ‰

Comment

• cosmickitten
        cosmickitten commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you LightofFire, I love a mojito! Still hoping for an update sized birthday present... 🎁

• Happy birthday, cosmickitten !

Comment

• Happy birthday cosmickitten πŸŽ‚

Comment

• cosmickitten Happy BirthdayπŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ°πŸ°πŸ°πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ·πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈ

Comment

• Hello How's everyone?

Comment

• Twinkiepie
        Twinkiepie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you all πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™ Everything is fine here Missed you all too! Loved all your Valentine's Contest entries!

• Chat noir
        Chat noir commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Twinkiepie! As others have said, you are missed, and it’s so lovely of you to pop back for a quick chat....please carry on doing so!

• Irene GR
        Irene GR commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello Twinkiepie ! I'm fine,it's not the same since you have left,I hope you are doing well and I wish we can hear from you more!

• A cute prize today from reporter.......probably not a bobcat but they seem to go well together❀️ Click image for larger version

Name:	1C1427B3-62D2-431F-942B-3DE6F82B2F23.jpeg
Views:	187
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	256383

Comment

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Alpha I know, they seem to have different ears, does anybody know what the second one is?πŸ€”

• AlleycatttSmurf
        AlleycatttSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I love that the little one roams when you tap himπŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        So cute 😍😍

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20200314_223439.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	256393
      Found it in the characters section asmurf

Comment

• I have just looked up bobcat and lynx on wiki.....it seems they are the same. I was worried one group might have considered the other a tasty dinner!πŸ§πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Comment

• Is everybody well? Here in germany is the β€žlockdownβ€œ near, everything is restricted, in our hometown all activities are forbidden since today, many places are closed like cinemas, theatres, sports, the city hall, bars and restaurants... my husband and i work in companies without homeoffice or other possibilities and have to organise the care about the children without family backround, it’s not that easy in these days... iβ€˜m hoping you are all well. So far we have all we need and hopefully we all stay healthy!

Comment

• happybird
            happybird commented
            Editing a comment
            Hoping you and your family are well, LightofFire.

I’ve been working a lot since our restaurant is kind of unique. Over the past 30 years, it has evolved from a fresh seafood and blue crab truck to a farm market to a sit-down restaurant. We had everything we needed to easily switch over to a large scale carryout and curbside pickup operation.

We’ve got our whole menu available for carryout, we’re selling the heck out of fresh fish for folks to cook at home, and ordering other needed groceries and supplies (paper products, cleaning products, latex and vinyl gloves, etc.) from our distributors for our customers. The shipping/receiving/sorting, alone, is enough work to hire a full time employee- if we could. It’s just our base crew of 6 people doing everything. That’s good, though, because we are all very serious about protecting ourselves (and our families, when we go home, and our customers) from exposure.

We’ve been working our butts off not only to make sure the business survives, but also to help our small community however we can. Many of regular customers are elderly, so we’ve been doing deliveries to their homes. My boss’ husband is our β€˜delivery guy,’ and he’s also been picking up prescriptions for our high-risk customers and friends. He’s been taking food over to the town fire hall and rescue squad to feed the workers and handing out breakfast platters to the truck drivers who park down the road from their house. Yesterday he dropped some cases of bleach and gloves off at the local drive thru virus testing center. My boss and her husband are the only ones interacting (in)directly with the public, something they insisted on to protect us employees. They are great, caring, community-minded people.

We have an outside counter that is usually used for the outside seating area, so that has been converted into the pick up window. We have a whole system of minimal contact set up- encouraging pay-by-phone, tape marks on the ground for proper people spacing, tables away from the counter where orders (in big brown bags and boxes with the customer’s name on it in it big letters) are placed when ready, a large plexiglass shield was installed over the front of the counter, hand sanitizer pumps everywhere, and many other protections. I’ve probably gone through a case of rubber gloves, myself, and that’s just doing kitchen prep work, assembling the orders before they go out to the pick up table, stocking, breaking down boxes, and being the general go-fer.

I’m tired, lol! Every night I take my temperature when I get home, just to be sure. Thankfully, we’ve been running this same, small, winter staff for several months, so we have been together since before this thing started. And, thankfully, by a twist of luck, all of us are homebodies and have had little contact outside of each other and our families (except our β€œdelivery guy,” who used to be an EMT and knows how to protect himself and others). Since we were working with the public throughout regular flu season (touching plates and glasses others had used) we were already in hyper-careful, super-sanitize-everything mode. My mom and my boss’ mother and son are high risk, so we took news of the virus very seriously back in early February.
            Last edited by happybird; 03-27-2020, 09:13 AM.

• Chat noir
            Chat noir commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve just read the comment by happybird and wanted to voice my admiration for what she and her co-workers are doing - making a real difference to their community. I hope you are all doing well and staying safe! It is difficult not to worry about the safety of family and friends: my own daughter-in-law is in the front line as a nurse, and my husband is very high-risk, but, as Stroumpfette says, it is important to stay united in a positive mindset. Thank you, happybird, and everyone else working towards getting this thing dealt with!
            Last edited by Chat noir; 04-15-2020, 08:19 PM.

• Schtroumpfette
            Schtroumpfette commented
            Editing a comment
            Chat noir I missed happybird's post somehow, but I got a notification you had just commented.

It's hard to believe it's been three and a half weeks for us here in Indiana.

happybird, you are indeed doing great work. Not everyone has access or can cook st home, so the carry out you've been doing is so important.

asmurf, I hope you are getting better support from hospital management. This pandemic caught a lot of areas short om PPE.

Finally, the orders seem to be coming down for everyone to wear masks. I've sewn 180 or so so far and I am still sewing.

I am thinking of you all, my smurfy friends. I am having a little trouble typing screen names from my phone, but everyone here, I hope you are all hanging in there.

Thank you to everyone helping in your towns and especially for the hospital workers, rescue, restaurants, store clerks, delivery and postal workers keeping us supplied and fed.

• Looking at some of my friends Smurf Village avatars, some of them have been uploaded from their own photos, so how do you change your village avatar, not using the pre selected ones?

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
            AlleycatttSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Dnor1972 when your game is connected through Facebook you can choose your FB profile pic as your SV avatar.

I am still hoping they add more avatars (like the past app update icons!) , and / or the ability to choose any of our own photos!

• Dnor1972
            Dnor1972 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, AlleycatttSmurf.

• I know there are other AstΓ©rix the Gaul fans out there (I seem to remember ejic12. and IslandLife ) ...thank you, Albert Uderzo, for the wonderful drawings to illustrate Goscinny’s writing (and later continuing the writing), great man, today sadly missed....

Comment

• IslandLife
            IslandLife commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, absolutely Chat noir. An artistic and comic genius. We were were so privileged to be given the team of Goscinny and Uderzo... and Anthea Bell, who also passed away recently.

• ejic12
            ejic12 commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely. I’m a huge Asterix fan (even more than the Smurfs!). So it was very sad to learn of his passing. But he and Gosinny have left a great legacy.
        Working...
        X