Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purchased the Bird Feeder Hut Exclusive Offer but only received the Smurfberries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased the Bird Feeder Hut Exclusive Offer but only received the Smurfberries

Last week I purchased 299 smurfberries with the birdfeeder hut for 29.99 but never received the birdfeeder hut?!

I also purchased the bird feeder and also did not receive it. I tried placing it on the island, but nothing happened. I opened a ticket, and beeline said to get a refund through Amazon. I wrote back to beeline and told them Amazon doesn't give refund for App purchases. No response. Then I opened another ticket and got the same answer about a refund from Amazon, which will never happen. All I want is my bird feeder. I was an avid player, but this has truly soured me. I figure it's the "Stupid Tax" that Dave Ramsey talks about. After being swindled like this, I will certainly not spend another dime in the game for me or my son. I feel stupid for already having spent as much as we have. I cannot find a phone number to call Beeline either. Does anyone know if there is a phone number, so that I can get an actual answer? Or do I need to file a consumer complaint?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Merry. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with your Bird Feeder Hut. From what I read, it looks like you had some issue that prevented you from placing it on your island. Things such as gift pop-up windows can sometimes overwrite the placement of items when in move-mode. It's always a good idea to travel to the area you want to place a newly purchased item and make sure there are no un-opened gifts that could cause problems.

There is currently no phone number for Beeline Customer Support Please. Several players on Android devices have reported that Customer Support was only able to re-send them Smurfberries. This may be why Customer Support instructed you to contact Amazon for a refund.

You are correct in that it's Amazon's standard policy that Appstore purchases aren’t refundable. That being said however, you might have luck contacting regular Amazon Customer Support. Explain that you did not receive the item you purchased and they may very well extend a courtesy refund to you since it's not a typical app refund issue.

• deepierce
      deepierce commented
      Editing a comment
      That was exactly what happened to me but they gave me extra smurfberries when I got to the island to place my birdfeedr hut. Sorry you have to jump thru hoops!

• merrymom
      merrymom commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Spelling Bee. It is helpful in a way to know that my problem is not unique. I wish I had known this, and I would just not have ever purchased EO's. I can't afford to waste 25 dollars. I never take an EO the first time it comes up. I have to give up some other treat in my budget first. Then I plan ahead and wait for the offer to return. It just reaffirms my lack of desire to play Smurfs anymore and makes it so that I won't make any effort to transfer my son's village when he gets his new device. I hope that all android players realize that they are buying special offers at their own risk. I will try calling Amazon and see if they will make an exception. Thanks again for your help. At least I know now that further contact to Beeline Support is pointless.

Hi Dee. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive your Bird Feeder Hut. Please contact Customer Support by filling out an email ticket here: http://beeline-i.com/support/?page=support

Comment

• deepierce
      deepierce commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your response. I am pretty sure that when I did not receive the birdfeeder hut, additional smurfberries were added to my account. I will look for the offer again and purchase it then. Any advice prior to buying the hut once it becomes available again?

• merrymom
      merrymom commented
      Editing a comment
      Dee, I think Spelling Bee's advice to me above is good: To visit the area where you are going to place it first and make sure there are no pop-up windows. I had a quest complete window come up on the island when I tried to place my feeder, and that is why I didn't get it.

• Evabevasmurf
      Evabevasmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      I just saw this - Spelling Bee is correct about going to the area you want to put the item before buying. Make sure you do not try to buy it if there is a pop-up about quests, etc. And while Amazon normally doesn't refund on app purchases, I did contact them once and get a refund. I tried to purchase something on my kindle and didn't get it and I called Amazon support and they said since I had never asked for a refund before, they refunded my money. I didn't even open a ticket with Beeline since it was on a Saturday or Sunday, but Amazon took care of it for me.

Good News! After reading Spelling Bee's reply, I realized that I would never get the bird feeder from Beeline on an android. So even though Amazon says it doesn't refund App purchases, I called them at 1-866-216-1072 to see if I could get credit or anything. He gave me the refund, since he said it wasn't a pattern with me and I explained the whole scenario, etc. So it is worth it to call Amazon, because apparently they do make exceptions to the policy. I am done buying stuff on Smurfs Village, but I am glad that I apparently will see my money again and can buy some fruits and vegetables in real life instead. Lesson learned.

Comment

Ibought the bird feeder today and ididnt recive it

Comment

I purchased the Bird Feeder Hut, 100 berries and resorses. The money was taken but I did not receive my goods. Should I be talking to you or google?

Comment

Working...
    X