Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which past Exclusive Offer Bonus items would you like PopReach to put on sale again?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Johnson
    replied
    I would like the sugar shack on the planet and the geologist smurf on the mountain. Also, the ability to auto plant diggers/divers on the mountain/island

Leave a comment:

• Evanna
    commented on 's reply
    happybird
    Speaking of items being worth it: I requested three items, Easter Shop, Flying Squirrels, and Spectra. The squirrels are really, really toeing the line of being EO worthy... The hut and Spectra? Yes, okay. A fiver and I'm in, that's okay. But the squirrels....?

• Evanna
    commented on 's reply
    IslandLife
    Just your 2SB πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Nice one!
    Good point as well! You aren't teaming up with players across the globe to tackle this new campaign that you downloaded, you are building a village with plots to farm, and flowers and trees, and little sheep, and huts that let you bake cake as a mini game.

• Evanna
    commented on 's reply
    happybird
    I wish I could like your comment a hundred times. All of this. Yes, yes, yes!

For me it's the psychologcial thing, too. €11 for one EO? Hell no. €11 for five items? Yup, done. Spending a lot at once feels way worse than spending the same amount over the course of time and on several items.

$25 pays for a number of real life stuff as you said. $2 doesn't. As I said, the higher price keeps me from making purchases at all, a low price (especially Rarity Shop level) makes me wayyyyyy more willing to spend money. So in my case, offering things cheaper would result in income for Bongfish. I can't afford to spend tons of money, but I would have bought more stuff had it been €2.29.

What also bothers me is the Rarity Shop rule of $2 for an item/animal and $7/8 for a hut. If they think huts are worth so much more, I suggest selling huts originally for $10 (after three months for 5) and everything else for $3 because obviously that's what those items are worth, aren't they.

I agree! The decorative Easter hut is so pretty! But... it's just decorative. The bee tree is really pretty, but... it's a tree. It's just another tree.
    There are also some past EOs that just feel so Rarity Shop that I'd never spend EO money on them, too, like the Arctic Fox or Fire Fox. Both cute, but especially the artic one looks like a 20-25SB item, not even a Rarity Shop item. Or the climbing tree! How is that supposed to be worth EO money? That's a 15 SB item.

That's exactly how I view it as well. I want the item, I don't care about the SB. Let me have the item for €2-3, keep the berries. Offer both so newbies / players who want berries can get them with a nice bonus, but also offer the item on its own for a small price as well.

Yeah, I was thinking that I would get one immediatly, but might buy a second later on because it's so cute! But only for the Rarity price. Or, of course, berries. Stick it in the VIP shop if you want, but it's an item that should be SB or $2?

• IslandLife
    commented on 's reply
    Evanna AlleycatttSmurf happybird I agree with the jist of most of the comments above. Me, personally, I am a strict budgetter... and absolutely USD$10 is my limit for pixels, and that $10 once a month. Otherwise it's a slippery slope for me! So yes I would love items at $5 + 50SB.
    I think the pricing should also reflect the type of people playing SV. It's like pretty decorative things with the occasional minigame thrown in. Quite a few young players too. Not some amped up testosterone fest where you're buying armour and weapons and teaming up to defeat others. So the business model should reflect that the customers are probably people happy to make a lot of small fun purchases on an ongoing basis. Just my 2SB!

• happybird
    commented on 's reply
    I agree. I just won't drop $25, all at once, on a mobile game. It's too much.
    I will, however, make five purchases of $5 over the course of a month without even batting an eye. I do realize it's the same amount of money, there is just a psychological factor at play there: "Eh, it's only $5." For me, $10 is the max I am willing to spend on a single in-app purchase. But, I'll easily spend $20 over a month on 99 cent and $2 purchases. Illogical, but true.

I have purchased a few $25 offers in the past- but it was only because I had received an iTunes card as a Christmas or birthday gift. Even when armed with 'fun money,' I usually wait for an offer to drop to $10.

When faced with a $25 EO, I think of the groceries I could buy instead, or the case of organic, grain-free cat food, or filling the gas tank, or paying my phone plan for a month. Or ordering pizzas for dinner instead of cooking. It's a decent-sized chunk of cash.

When faced with a $2 or $5 offer, those things don't even cross my mind. TBH, there's not even any time to mull those things over, or to feel guilty for wanting to buy some cute pixels- because I've already hit the 'Buy' button. $2 or $5? Bam! Instant purchase. After all, it's only a couple bucks, which is not enough money to buy much of anything else. It's certainly not enough to buy anything in the above list. It's skipping one coffeeshop beverage this month, no big deal. Allowing guilt-free impulse purchases is the key to good offers.

The EO items also used to be more ... worthy, I guess is the word I am looking for. There are still some great EO items! But, lately, there have been some less impressive items used as the bonus item. Things like animals which would normally be 20 SB Menu items. Meh. That type of item is not worth $10, imho. Value matters. I won't crack open my wallet if I feel like I'll be overpaying for something.

I know we are supposed to be buying the SB and getting the item is a bonus gift ... but I don't think many players look at it that way. I think most people who need SB wait until an item they want is the bonus item before making a purchase (and the offer has dropped to $10). The EOs I've bought over the years have been for the bonus item, not because I needed SB. The SB are the bonus, not the item. I have a feeling the motivation behind the majority of EO purchases is: "I gotta have that item!" But, in order for that to work, the item has to be special, a must-have, not a tiny chick or yet another pond with some ducks (or whatever) in it.

I would make a lot more SV purchases if the '$5 for 50 SB + an item' offers were more common.

And, if that adorable Alpaca family was offered for $2, I'd buy at least two of them. But, as much as I like them, I would not spend $10 on them.
    Last edited by happybird; 04-09-2018, 08:53 PM.

• CindySmurf
    commented on 's reply
    I bought a couple of the mega boxes this week and won Rahdu. I was shocked.

• Irene GR
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I need it too!

• Irene GR
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't seen it happybird

• Evanna
    commented on 's reply
    AlleycatttSmurf
    Absolutely! I know that I would spend more money in the end if things were cheaper. Like this, I limit myself drastically. If I could get EOs for like €2? I would spend way more money than I do now and I'd probably buy something (or several somethings... maybe everything) each update, whereas with the €11 price I don't even want a single item :|
    Honestly, I would be in favour of the items coming without the berries. Or being offered for the berry price with the berries as EOs, but just as items in the Rarity Shop a month or two later. Hell, three months. Anybody who wants the item quickly would pay a tenner, the rest can wait three months and then pay the usual Rariy Shop price. All items for 2.29! Not the huts for €8.99 or whatever it is. Because it's ridiculous to charge that much for a hut without berries. That's hardly cheaper than the original EO but worth even less.

Alpacas, alpacas, alpacas! (Let me chant this.)

• AlleycatttSmurf
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, the lower the price point the more of something they are going to sell.

I get that you are buying the berries and the items are free, but who needs 1300+ smurfberries every update? It’s the item we want, and the sb are a bonus.

Yes please bring back the Alpace Family!!

• Tu Vecina
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Evanna, I'll keep my fingers crossed!

• Evanna
    replied
    I would like to request
    - Easter Shop
    - Flying Squirrels
    - Spectra
    for half price.

I'm aware this might never happen, but I agree with the other users who think EOs should be cheaper. $10 in the first run, $5 when repeated. I get that charging more feels like making more, but I have no doubts that way more players would be willing to buy EOs if they were cheaper. If EOs were $5, a lot more people would go 'it's so cute/cool! I really want that! Ahh... well, okay... a fiver... I can do that'. $25? Well, it's nice to have a bank account to which this means nothing at all. $50? I'm questioning why anybody would ever consider that. Even rich people. I mean.. would you pay $50 for a cucumber?
    Beeline lost more and more money towards the end because they neglected the game and were pushing EOs for ridiculous $25. When they were offering items for $5 or less, they were flourishing.
    The designers/developers get paid for the item's design and implementation. Production happens once. They is no continuous cost like with clothing items. Once it's code it's code, isn't it? Only cost I can come up with is similar to the raised prices for non USD sales: Apple/etc ask for a certain amount of money per sale. So maybe 50 cents per sale? Or x percent? Or 50 cents plus x percent? If so, would you let us know? Because the raised Euro prices got a lot of attention and created a lot of anger and it took months until we finally were told why. Having a reason helps. Because without it, one is tempted to assume not the nicest things. I appreciate how much Bongfish are doing for this game, but there was a clear raise in prices, be it more expensive SB items [that got better] or now a stronger focus on $25 EOs.

And if the code wasn't lost somehow, PLEASE bring the alpaca family to the Rarity Shop!!
    http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/mai...855#post210855
    There are more items I would like to see in the shop, but oh dear, I have been asking for this since I joined :C
    (And some others would really appreciate that as well!)
    Last edited by Evanna; 04-05-2018, 09:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Evanna
    commented on 's reply
    You can win that from the boxes! It's in the key boxes, even

• Tu Vecina
    replied
    I noticed this costume in random villages just recently after rejoining the game. I would love to add it to my collection.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Tu Vecina; 04-05-2018, 07:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X