Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.41.1 (Bug Fix) is live and available for download!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.41.1 (Bug Fix) is live and available for download!

**Please note the update may take up to several hours before it starts appearing in each region's App Store**

What's New in Version 1.41.1

Hot Fix Update!

- Stability improvements

Update is live in Germany.
    All hats are back
    Last edited by Morning Sky; 12-12-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yay! Looks like the Pathway & Tile layering glitch is fixed too. (Please note you'll still have to manually change it all back, but now it works correctly again.) Thank you for fixing that so fast.

Comment

Fantastic news for you ios players!!!
        Now let all your great images fill the forum with the Christmas joy

Comment

Now I crash on the planet every few minutes and sometimes seconds!
          Last edited by Morning Sky; 12-12-2016, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• paulus
            paulus commented
            Editing a comment
            Playing on Android and i can't get to the planet either, can see it for a second and then it crashes.

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, it's a known issue for Android Paulus and it looks like it's now happening on iOS. You'll find the topic here: http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/mai...version-1-41-1

• SummitSmurf
            SummitSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Can get to the planet, but game crashes as soon as I try to do anything there. Also crashes randomly on arrival at the Island and Mountain Top when I use the bird to travel there -- if I use the ship or balloon, it doesn't crash. [playing on iOS in U.S.A.]

Still crashing after 20-30 sec. in the game on any device. What did you exactly fix guys?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Smurfojack The primary fixes in this update were the Tiles/Pathways and some crashing issues. There are still a large number of bugs that are being worked on right now, plus the new issues of crashing on the Planet for both iOS and Android. Bongfish will have news for us soon.

Why for gods sake did I load this! My planet was stably before. Now it crashes every time or I can't reach it because the game crashes. The graphical glitches were harmless compared to these crashes!

Comment

• jandy77
            jandy77 commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too wish I had read this first!

• SummitSmurf
            SummitSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely turning "auto update" OFF for this game. Random crashes throughout the game were easier to deal with than 100% crashing on planet.

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Morning. They are working on it and we should have some information soon.

So....better for some to wait then?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            skydiver118 If you wish to wait, you can do so. As of right now, there are obviously players reporting crashing on the Planet, but it's not happening with everyone.

• skydiver118
            skydiver118 commented
            Editing a comment
            I only have a few zen tiles so I dont have that issue. Fireman is my only glitch and it's livable. With my luck, I'll get the bug so I'm prepared to be patient.

When is this "bugfix" available on Android???

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Android is already currently at version 1.41.1. There was no version 1.41.0 update released. Instead, Android saw a combo update that included 1.41.0 and 1.41.1.

Never trust an unsmurfy Christmas update. I guess the intention was good to fix bugs, but it turned out to be another misery.
          OK, here is what I always do before updating my smurfs: make an backup of my iPhone on my computer. Update the smurfs on my iPhone. Try to play, if everything is ok, I also update the version on the computer. If not, like in this case, I delete the version on my phone. But NOT before checking on my iPad if it had transfered the last state through GameCenter to it. If so, like in todays case, I realy delete the smurfs on my iPhone (always scary). Then I sync it again with my computer, clicking "install" for smurfs under Apps. And voila, the old smurf version is back on the iPhone. When opening it, don't get scared, it will show the total start of the game with the Gargamel sound. Just go through a few steps, sometimes even to the first level. And then a screen should pop up, asking which level / state of the GameCenter to use. And bingo, I got my last stage back. But this only works since Flashman / Bongfish fixed that level 88 bug!!! If you haven't done the former update and are not shure if your last stage got synced to the GameCenter, DON'T DO IT!!! You might loose all your progress!

I hope this might help a few.

Happy Christmas smurfing to all of you!

***COMMUNITY MANAGER NOTE***
          Never delete and reinstall your game unless you are explicitly instructed to do so by Customer Support. Doing so not only jeopardizes your current game save progress, but you could risk losing it forever. Thank you.
          Last edited by Spelling Bee; 12-12-2016, 01:58 PM. Reason: Added an advisory warning note.

Comment

• Evanna
            Evanna commented
            Editing a comment
            I think a far less scary version is to simply make an iTunes back up before updating, then playing a bit, and if it doesn't work to connect the device to the computer and choose to restore the earlier saved back up. No app deleting. Just a normal restore.

I always back up my game to iTunes before updating to be sure and when I had to restore in the past, it worked just fine. Without any scary level one or losing recovery points. That's what I personally would recommend everybody. Make both an icloud and itunes back up and only then update.

• Mac_Keck
            Mac_Keck commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Evanna, yes, that will work too. Of course I did the iTunes backup too, as an extra safety. But in some peoples case, like in mine, restoring the phone with over a 150GB takes forever and you might loose some data in some other apps (email for example is never restored, only the accounts). My method is just one option and I would only recommend it to people with 2 !!! iOS devices !!! I work in the support business for Apple and I know a bit about what I am talking.

• Evanna
            Evanna commented
            Editing a comment
            That's true. I don't have that much data on my iPad so it doesn't take too long and I don't mind the wait if it means getting my game back safely. I didn't notice that emails aren't restored, but maybe it also never affected me because of the small amount of time that passed between updating and restoring (means I probably didn't have to seal with any emails).

I apologise if it sounded like I was attacking you. I just meant to offer an alternative (that is less scary and works for me) for those who don't feel safe about the level one reset. (Even with two devices it's scary. At least, I guess, for those who never did it before. I was scared before my first iTunes restore and worried that I might lose some/all data... After having done it and it having worked just fine, it now feels safe.)

Why it has been released a 1.41.1. version, that cointains the Planet Bug? It should have been released a 1.41.2 version...
          The allignment of versions between IOS and Android mean the version is the actual same, bugs included, right? ... I hope a hot fix will arrive before Xmas...

Comment

• Spelling Bee
            Spelling Bee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Super. It's too early to tell what exactly is causing the crashing on the Planet. When you have bugs that don't affect everyone, it's a bit harder to solve them, but they are working on it. They'll have some information to share soon.

Ok that means I will wait for the next bug fix update...
          As Morning said the graphical glitches are the lesser evil. Sorry to see you guys having problems. Hope there will be another update soon...

Comment

🎶 It will be lonely this Christmas 🎶

Nope won't update...😢
            Hope all will be solved soon, miss my friends.

Comment

• Gio!!
              Gio!! commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't! We are still here 😉

Didn't Bongfish test the hot fix? Don't they have beta testers? Why didn't they notice the planet bug? This bug is not hidden, they had only to travel.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
              Spelling Bee commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi Morning. Given that it's not happening to everyone, that means there is some condition in which only those players affected have met. Given the extremely high number items and combos possible, sometimes things slip through. The Studio obviously didn't want this to happen and are working on it as I type this. They will also be releasing some information soon.

I have just loaded this and have more bugs than I did before. Now can't get to the planet. Game crashes. Mountain crystal collection still sticks. Tracker disappears every time you close the village and comes back at level one when you re-open. This is on iOS
            Last edited by jandy77; 12-12-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
              Spelling Bee commented
              Editing a comment
              jandy77 Thanks for sharing. They are working hard to solve the crashing on the Planet. The Crystal Collection lag on the Mountain is a known issue and they are working on that too. Tracker.. lol, well.. He's a hot mess.. but they are going to be looking into ways to make him more stable too.
          Working...
          X