Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Details on the contents of the upcoming Smurfs' Village iOS and Android version 1.41.2 Bug Fix updates

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Details on the contents of the upcoming Smurfs' Village iOS and Android version 1.41.2 Bug Fix updates

Hi Smurfs’ Villagers!

We have important news for you:

Bongfish is hard at work on a new Bug Fix update that should be arriving before Christmas for iOS and Android. It is scheduled to include fixes for several issues, but it could also have a few other minor changes as well. If everything goes according to plan, there might also be a surprise Exclusive Offer just in time for the new year too!

Please be advised that since we are putting all our effort into the Bug Fix update, we have had to push back the new content update that was originally planned for the beginning of January 2017. We will be doing our best to get it to you as soon as possible (along with some Valentine's Day content), but it may end up being released towards the second half January 2017.

To our Amazon players: we are doing our best to try and have an update for you as well, but we can't promise anything at this point in time. We sincerely apologize and kindly ask for your continued patience and understanding.

We will be back with more news about the Bug Fix!
    The Pony Team

Thank you!. I like the communication from Bongfish, I am a lot more understanding when people let me know stuff and I certainly am not giving up on this game

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for your words, we appreciate the understandings from your side and I am happy that you can still enjoy the game!

Thank you for letting us know! It's good to hear from you and know what is worked on and to even be informed about schedule changes. It seems bugs happen no matter who is releasing updates, but at least you guys are working on them quickly and keep us informed about what you are doing. I appreciate that.

And I appreciate that you rather work on bug fixes than pushing new content. Instead of throwing ten EOs our way to make us spend money on an unstable game, you rather try to fix things first.
    'A few other minor changes'. I wonder what that entails? Do you know anything about that? Is it content related or regarding the functions of the game or slight graphic changes...?

One sort of related question: Will the Christmas gift still be available after Christmas? Should somebody load the update on let's say the 28th, would they still find it in the menu, could place it, and then open it to receive the gift? I assume it's available until the next 'content update'?
    I skipped the previous update because of the tile bug and the current one because of the planet bug; I hope I can download the next one, but it'd be good to know if waiting means missing out.
    Last edited by Evanna; 12-15-2016, 05:27 AM.

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Evanna,

Whenever we see you guys react on the Forum or Social Media, we KNOW what we have to do and how we can inform you
      Sadly, you are right. Bugs happen with "new things" coming and cause problems. Our duty is to solve them again and I think it is fair, to let our Community know about the changes Bongfish is making.. It must be horrible to be in the dark about a game you love, not knowing if there will be a fix until Christmas!

Well I think our first goal was to keep going with new content, create more and more. I also talked to the team and we realized what you guys been telling us as well: First Bug Fix and then New Content.

The few minor changes: I can't tell you anything yet but I think you will like it and as soon as I can say more, I will let you know, I hope you understand.

I am not sure about the Christmas gift but I asked someone of our team and I will post it here in the comments!

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna The Christmas Gift Box WILL still be there after the 1.41.2 update arrives. It will not be removed until the 142.0 update.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Twinkiepie
      I love new content and it's great to get excited about new stuff to place/decorate with/play, but it is of no use when the game is so unstable that we have to fear losing it. So, really, I do appreciate bugs being dealt with first. I look forward to more great items and mini games, but I also look forward to not having to worry all the time. And to playing Tracker / more games again - which I stopped a few weeks ago to slow down levelling up. The level 88 bug is looming over all our heads...

Thank you. No hurry, just wondering about it because it might be something we don't even notice, or something nice or something not so nice.

Spelling Bee
      Thank you! That's great to hear. So even the new bug fix will still have the present, even if we download it after Christmas. Great to hear! I hope it'll arrive soon and that it'll be bug free. I really want a Christmas-ish village. Do you know if the snow will be gone with the 1.42 update? I don't need snow for three months, but having winter for some time would be nice.

thanks Bonfish for the detailed news! i hope the fix will work this time. and personally, i'm looking forward to that '' surprise '' EO😃

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Let's hope "The best things come in threes" will be true for this Christmas update
      Should the EO happen, I can assure you that you can be excited!

• yosinori saitou
      yosinori saitou commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Twinkiepie! i'm already excited to hear that😁😁😁

I love new content, but I'm glad that some of these bugs are getting ironed out too. When we do get the next new content update will this one at long last be a total Bongfish designed update?

It is hard to get overly excited about bug fix updates, but I can't wait to see the surprise exclusive offer!

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Purple!

I will be back with some news asap

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      New Content -> Bongfish content

Thanks for the update. Its nice to hear from the developers rather than silence.

And I don't think many mind forgoing new content if the game is stabilized. I think there was a poll to that effect.After 6 years there has to be millions of lines of code and with something as simple as a typo making a glitch, things can be hard to find. Even if the outcome isn't 'perfect' it's nice to know someone is at least trying.

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      We are trying and fixing and creating it is a long process but I feel it is all fair to inform you. Yes, a lot of code and a lot of things to understand! Everything is hard in the beginning, especially if you haven't written the code yourself and you have to adjust it to your ways. It is like handing on a nearly finished painting to another artist and asking him to perfect it for you!

Thank you for your words!

Great to know that you guys are fixing the bugs! I'll wait patiently for the next bug fix with my smurfs. 😃

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Me and my Smurfs are waiting hard too

Thank you ponies! I rather have a bugfix than an update with bugs. Merry christmas & Frohe Weihnachten!

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome! And I am glad you see it in the same way

Merry Christmas und Frohe Weihnachten from the Bongfish and Pony team

Thanks for the update Twinkiepie. I do hope the Amazon Android players do not miss out on the Christmas gift. We still have not seen the update.

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope so too and I am sorry that I couldn't confirm the Amazon update in this "sneak peek"! It is hard for me to tell our Amazon players to stay patient because I know that it has been a long time since the last update. I hope you understand <3

And since I update through Amazon, I am always at the very end of the line. It is getting closer and closer to Christmas. Nothing yet. I want the Christmas gift. I am very sad. There will be no joy in my smurf's village this Christmas.

Comment

• Purple!
      Purple! commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh Evabeva, I do hope you finally get the new update, the best part is Evil Ninja Rat, but the Super Smurfy Christmas Gift I'm sure is special too! Hopefully you get it soon!

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      I am sorry to hear that Eva

I have no more information on an Amazon update but I will send out a mail now and let you know in the comments

Thanks Bongfish for this statement: I think we still wish the best for the future

Comment

I could not agree more with the sentiments that a bug fix is infinitely preferable to an update. It is encouraging, for me, that Bongfish is concerned with trying to address the bugs which have increased over the last few years in SV. Good news!

Comment

• Twinkiepie
        Twinkiepie commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Warner

We will address more and more bugs until we are satisfied with the outcome

In the Grove the Christmas tree to decorate the area of Grove I put it in all the areas (Main Village, Island, Mountain and Planet of the Swoof) and it does not appear in that area.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        The Grove does not have the Christmas tree, Chilean. In fact, it does not have many of the decorative items found in the other areas.

yes thanks from me too! Better fewer updates but fewer bugs ! happy Christmas

Comment

• Twinkiepie
        Twinkiepie commented
        Editing a comment
        Merry Christmas Gio

My game crash when I tap cupid smurf and the fire engine is missing at fireman's hut?

Comment

Working...
    X