Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Fixes and changes made in version 1.44.0 to address ongoing issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Fixes and changes made in version 1.44.0 to address ongoing issues

Hi everyone. Myself and the other members of the Pony Team are extremely happy to share some good news with you!

As part of their commitment to the Smurfs' Village community, the development team at Bongfish has been working on a few things that they would like to share with you.

The "Level 88 Game Center Bug"
    • This bug basically prevents Game Center from syncing a backup copy of your village progress to the Apple Servers using your Game Center ID. Even though you've leveled up beyond level 88, your village will still show up to your friends as being stuck at level 88 (the last time Game Center properly synced the game).
    • This also causes your friends to receive the Can't send a gift because your friend needs to update error message. It's been noted that the bug always seems to occur when you are about 85-90% through level 88. If your friends still see you at level 88 when you know you've leveled up beyond that point, you most likely have the bug.
    • The easiest way to confirm this is to be level 88 or above and to have your friends try and gift you. If you don't receive any gifts, then you are most definitely affected by the bug.

Potential fix has been implemented into iOS version 1.44.0

After updating to iOS version 1.44.0, players who were previously affected by the bug should now be able to sync their game to Game Center. Additionally, their friends should now able to gift them once again. (Please note that gifting across different platforms is still not supported.)

Testing, isolating, and implementing a potential fix for this bug has been extremely difficult. While it does appear to be resolved, it is not a 100% certainty. Because of this, we kindly request the following:
    • If you are still experiencing the level 88 bug even after updating, please contact Bongfish Customer Support
    • If you have any other issues that you feel might be related to the Game Center sync bug, please reach out to Bongfish Customer Support.

The crashing when traveling to the Island after recieving the "RRROOOOOAAAAAARRRR" quest screen bug
    • This bug basically prevents players on select devices from traveling to the Island after completing the quest to build a bridge across the western Chasm.

Sadly, the issue has been present in the game for many years. During our investigation, we believe we have found the root cause and will work towards a complete fix for a future update. In the meantime we have come up with the following viable work around:

Early testing shows that if those who are affected change their device langue settings to Spanish, they should be then now be able to load their game and proceed to the Island without crashing and or freezing. Once you bypass the crashing/freezing, you can then change the device's settings back to your preferred language and everything should be working normally again on the Island.

While there is no guarantee as of yet that this will work for everyone, early results are promising and we hope this work around resolves this problem for as many affected players as possible!

The Graphical Glitch bugs with Fireman Smurf's Water Pump Wagon
    • These graphical glitches caused Fireman's Water Pump wagon to disappear or be replaced. They first appeared when snow was added during the Winter update.

As can be seen in the above image, the bugs have now been fixed and Fireman's Water Pump wagon should now be visible in the Main Village, Island, and on the Mountain!

Once again we would like to thank you for your continued feedback and support. We hope that our efforts allow you to enjoy your villages to their fullest.

Sincerely,
    The Flashman and Bongfish Teams

Yay, nice to k now some bugs met their doom

thanks to all involved for some very hard work. After all these years, I"m sure these glitches were buried deep in the code.

Comment

Thank you so much for addressing all these bugs and especially the Lvl 88 bug! 😍

Comment

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ Fantastic news!!!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Comment

i totally appriciate those efforts Bongfish is making. you're great!! thank you!

Comment

Thank you so much to Bongfish!! So relieved that the level 88 bug has been dealt withπŸ˜… You guys are doing an amazing job getting SV back to a fun playable game!

Comment

This is truly amazing! Never heard about the island bug but hey, good that you have found the problems and sort them out! I love that you guys put this much effort into our beloved game! A big thank you to all!

Comment

Thanks to bongfish for being so attentive to the bugginess that has marred our beloved game for a long time.

Comment

Aside from the fixes, which are truly amazing, it is beyond wonderful that Bongfish is actually telling us what they have fixed, or even tried to fix! This means we can look for any issues and give feedback that might be helpful! Thank you for being so responsive, Bongfish! πŸ‘πŸŒŸπŸ‘

Comment

Thanks for telling us what bugs were fixed! I find it extremely helpful and will finally, finally try to achieve level 88!

Comment

Thank you Bongfish for all your hard work!!Will you be able to sort the Swoof planet glitch that stops people from clearing the last expansion please?

Comment

If you want to thank bongfish, then purchase some SBs (even if you don't need them, or some EO). They need to pay their employees somehow and be rewarded for their good service. Money is how that happens.

Comment

I have a couple of EO's that I want to get, just need them to offer them for me to buy.

Comment

My ipad crashed yesterday - I was on level 89... A very sad day indeed! I have now got another iPad and I have downloaded the new version several times, however it will not open once finished downloading... when I try to open the app it just starts the download all over again

Comment

• Astro King
                              Astro King commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This happens to me before but that's due to poor wifi connection or speed. Try to find a strong and fast wifi connection?

Bongfish has done a wonderful job so far after taking over from Beeline. A big round of πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ to the team!

Comment

Working...
                            X