Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smurfs' Village iOS version 1.46.0 is live and available for download!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reporting back on two things:

- Winning Azra and Gargamel was pure luck. I haven't won anything good since then. Maybe they increased the odds, but if anybody feels like spending hard earned SB on the boxes and thinks that they now will get all the good prizes, they are mistaken. You might get lucky, but you might end up getting the usual random stuff, sometimes free box items.

- Gargamel caught a smurf the day after receiving him. I came online and saw the timer had started counting down (he didn't catch one over night, but the timer started when I got online, so at least that). But then after releasing the smurf, he did nothing. No new timer. Just.. nothing. Today, he has a smurf caught, but I can't release it. I keep clicking and opening/closing the app, but the smurf keeps crawling in/getting caught. When I click on Gargamel I get the usual text, no xp, no timer counting down (or at zero).

Comment

• Pachemz
      Pachemz commented
      Editing a comment
      Gargamel's timer doesn't work for me either. It never has worked correctly for me which is too bad because it's cute to see the Smurf jump for joy when released.

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      This has been the case for me ever since I got him!

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Pachemz Cupcake
      That's a shame. I thought it was working in general and I just had no luck with it. I saw the animation once and it is cute.
      Now the timer has started counting down. I'll check back later and I guess I'll find out whether or not I can release the smurf this time.

Very excited- got some rare seeds in Game Master's free mystery box! Thanks, Bongfish, for giving us another way to score seeds!

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Was that the first time you received seeds? Because they have been in the boxes from the beginning.

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, this is the first time!

Really unimpressed with this update.... don't think anything that players have asked for was addressed (apart from some minor bug fixes).
    People have been asking for more coin items to be added, updated mini game prizes, more storage options, continuation of the constellation game, giving items a smaller footprint, more pathway options.....And multiple other requests that seem to get pushed aside.

We got a stupidly expensive hut that does nothing and a few blah items which add nothing to the game-play. What's the point in asking players what they want if we just get ignored anyway??

Comment

• Semper Fidelis
      Semper Fidelis commented
      Editing a comment
      those humans were wanted be the community for years now. Agree with the hut thouh

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Please see below. It looked so weird to have such a massive comment/reply.
      Last edited by Evanna; 05-04-2017, 05:20 AM.

Okay, I'm posting this as a post and not a reply because oh dear, that's a long reply...

Except for the coin items, all things you mention are bug fixes/game changes. No new content. Which means that if they did all of that, we would have several months without any new content. Some players want changes and fixes more than new content, but others rather have new content. We've sort of had this discussion before were some players were saying 'thank you for the fixes, I rather have them than new items' and others said 'I want new items because it's boring if nothing happens, the bugs aren't bad so better give us new stuff to keep it interesting'. Both are legit opinions. And I think Bongfish is trying to do both. Some new content, some fixes. If fixing bugs and making changes was so quick and easy as some assume, I think even Beeline would have done it.

Take the updated mini game prizes: How many games do we have? How many prizes are there in the free and SB round each? Think about that. They would have to look at game after game, prizes after prizes, and then come up with 15-ish ideas per game. Then write that down, give that to their designers. The designers have to create the images, have to think about animation, etcetc. That isn't a five min job per item. In some cases it'll be quicker (eg a flower that does nothing), in others more complex (an animal that moves around). Changing the prizes alone surely would take weeks. And then only that happened. Nothing else.

More storage option: All I've heard people ask for is a shell storage. (Myself included.) Less work than coming up with one hundred new prizes as there's only one design, but they'd have to look at the coding of scuba to figure out how to implement a way in which we can store all shells instead of receiving them one after one and them being treated like a normal item prize (which they are). Ideally, they still should give xp. And we should be able to mass delete them from the storage. I don't know how much programming something like this requires. And compare that to an actual bug: Which is more important? To fix something that is off or to offer an additional storage? Considering how annoying the shells are, I am also leaning towards the shell storage (store all + receive xp), but I'm also aware that this probably would be an EO. And depending on what bug would be fixed, it would be more important to do that than to create a new storage unit.

Smaller footprints would involve tons of work because they'd have hundreds of items to look at. That's no quick task.

The list goes on and on and on and I agree, all those things would be nice and I want to have them. But I'm also aware that it's a lot of a work and would mean changes to old stuff, but nothing new. They are only so many people who can do so much work. It's not 50 designers, from what we know Bongfish aren't even 50 people overall. (Correct me if I'm wrong, please.)

In the end, it boils down to this: Changes to old stuff but nothing new. Or new items but no changes. Or a few new items and a few smaller changes.
    Bongfish went for the last option, trying to do both.
    Would it be nice to have old bugs fixed, to have changes made to mini games, etc? Of course! I'd love that! Would it be nice to get a whole bunch of new items and not only very few? Yes, absolutely! Don't get me wrong, I want more new stuff as well and I want changes and bug fixes. I am not over the moon, but I try to see it from a different point of view as well.
    I understand your disappointment, but they can't please everyone. No matter what they do, there will be people who are happy about it and those who are not.
    For now, I think they are doing a good job. They give us new items, they fix old bugs and are very quick in fixing new ones. Yes, Nanny was a disappointment. Way too expensive. (In general, there has been an increase in price since Bongfish came around...) But they try. It's a long way to go before they have fixed all the bugs they inherited. After that, they can look at changes. And inbetween, we'll get some new content as well.
    Last edited by Evanna; 05-04-2017, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• yosinori saitou
      yosinori saitou commented
      Editing a comment
      yes, i understand maybe it's a hard labor for them to fix old things and add new things at the same time. ( and i imagine it would take a lot of costs ) but the expectations from customers are always high same as any other businesses. personally, it's okay for me if i'd get not so exciting updates sometimes. but not always. and i don't mind paying money but i want qualities that match prices. if they would keep trying to maintain the qualities of this game high ( bug fix and new additions both ) i'd gladly support Bongfish.

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      I do hear you and your points. I would counter one of them, the new prizes....people aren't necessarily asking for newly created items for games, just to win something different. So in that case - while nothing can every please everyone - simply changing the code to pull a different existing item from the store would be a welcome change to some.

What Bongfish is doing is hard. They inherited 5+ years of, well a mess from the former owners. And they have to learn those millions of lines of code at the same time they are trying to do something different with the game and add more. So they have a massive task with a huge learning curve.
      And I will give them triple bonus points for hanging around and engaging with us.

ABut for some I think the fear is 'if we don't keep mentioning.......whatever, it will get forgotten, and please dont' forget it.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      yosinori saitou
      All I'm saying is that we should cut them some slack for now. If in a year's time, there's still no change to old bugs or any of the changes we asked for implemented, if the updates consist of only a handful of items, if items keep getting more and more expensive just because and not because they are made worh it, then it's okay to complain loudly. For now, they still have a lot of work to do that is somewhat 'invisible'. I definitely want some of the things mentioned in the previous post and in the suggestions thread, absolutely. And I really want some exciting, big updates with lots of cool items for coins/SB. But I'm also aware that it'll be slow for a while before that can happen. So for now I appreciate that they try to give us both some new stuff and fix some of the old problems. And I appreciate that they actually check this forum and listen. And they have an actual customer service! Unlike the mess we had before...

skydiver118
      I hadn't thought of that, good point actually. But I must say I still would hope for some new items as well. Maybe a mix? Switch some of the game prizes for other 'old' menu items and add two or three new items. (If they take out old items that aren't in the menu yet, they should put them there so that nobody who hasn't won them yet loses their chance to get them.)

That's basically what I'm saying. They have a whole lot of old stuff to deal with before they can properly act on their own choices alone. It takes time to understand what's going on and to figure out where the problems come from. At the same time, they have to try to keep it interesting by offering new items. Sure, people want everything to happen immediately, but that's not how it works. For now, I'm okay with how things are and appreciate that they release updates without/with hardly any bugs, and interact with us and listen to our concens.

There's a difference between mentioning something and complaining about something, but I understand that fear and am in favour of reminding them of what still isn't working. Maybe we should try to take stock by having a look at the bug fix/suggestions threads and check what we are still waiting for. Maybe they could even make a poll to see what people are most interest in seeing/having fixed and then they could try to work in that order. (Or fix one of the things with less votes that they know they can fix easily but hadn't thought about/forgotten.)

When will we get Homnibus? His Hovel is waiting for him!

Comment

• Twinkiepie
      Twinkiepie commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep an eye on the offer this weekend!

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
      AlleycatttSmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning Sky thank you for sharing your beautiful Village shots! This is the main reason I joined this forum, sharing ideas and a common love for this game☺️☺️☺️

• Purple!
      Purple! commented
      Editing a comment
      I always love to see your screenshots, you seem to get most items before me and I love to see them in your village! It gives me ideas on where to place mine when I get them. Thanks for sharing them!

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks like the king and Barbara are fighting, hahaha. I wonder what they are talking about.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      Morning Sky this is so great, I love your layout! And an awesome screenshot capture too, it really does look like Barbara and the King are having an argument😄😄😄

• Purple!
      Purple! commented
      Editing a comment
      I wanted all these characters in my main village, but since the King is only on the mountain, I guess they are going there with Homnibus when he arrives!

I got Mummy!! Yaaay! She now is with her son in their little forest clearing Also got the snow castle/snow fight thing from my free box today! I didn't have that yet and to get it from a free box, not even a key one, was a nice surprise and change from the usual resources.

Another Gargamel update: Yesterday, he worked twice. Caught two smurfs, got to relase them and receive xp for that. The timer started when I first came online.
    Today, he already had a smurf caught when I got online, but it kept crawling in and getting caught. I had zero free smurfs. Should have been one free, so I assume that was the previously free one. (Just like a free one becomes busy when eating a cake, etc.) Clicking on Gargamel showed no timer and I didn't see the little star above him telling me there's xp. I travelled to the island and back and suddenly had two free smurfs. I scrolled to Gargamel and saw that now the smurf was properly caught and I could release it. No new timer after that.
    It seems really random in my case whether or not I can collect xp, when the timer starts, if it works only once per day or several times. I thought I could maybe find a pattern, but alas, nothing so far. I'll keep an eye on the free smurfs thing, though. (Why I then had two free smurfs is a mystery to me because one was still caught and the other...? I have no idea. All the others were working on crops.)

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      AlleycatttSmurf
      Thank you! I thought 'Let's open two more boxes. Will be some more smoothie huts or whatever *beep*'. And there she was!
      Gargamel does whatever he wants. He keeps things interesting, I guess, haha.

Cupcake
      Thank you for letting me know. My smurf counter likes to show a second free smurfs sometimes, but I have no idea why that is happening. I just leave it be. I am not sure if there's any correlation for me concerning Gargamel. I've had it that a smurf was in the process of being caught groundhog day style, left for the island, came back, and it was properly caught. But also all of my smurfs were done with their plots. Once when they weren't but a smurf was being caught, I went to the island and back (thinking I could trigger something that way), and the 'caught' smurf was gone. Gargamel had no new timer or anything either.
      What he does seems completely random and at his own will. I guess nothing to do about that except roll with it. He looks cool, I'm happy to have him, and if he doesn't work as he should? Well, so be it. Better to have him like this than not at all

What would be interesting to know, though, is whether or not the real money Gargamel works for everyone.

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      Evanna that's funny, as soon as I saw your original post about your won Gargamel not working properly I went and checked my paid vs won Gargamels to see if there was a difference (I had the "Groundhog Day" smurf recapture issue a long time ago) and my paid vs won are all working exactly the same as each other. At least now they are, I don't know if that was always the case.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      AlleycatttSmurf
      I guess that's both good and bad. Good because it concerns the character in general and isn't butchered new coding. Bad because items bought for real money really should work, so it's disappointing that her didn't at some point.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      It does look cool. I'll never get Homnibus but the hovel looks nice

• AlleycatttSmurf
      Editing a comment
      I agree that some of the scales can be weird, especially when it comes to the humans vs their structures. But I've found that placing things strategically and or farther away from each other can help make it look better. For instance having a human down and in front and the structure above and behind can kind of make it appear like the structure is off in the distance.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Sizing in this game is all over the place anyway. Some of the animals are tiny, others huge. And it doesn't even make sense. The hamster in a bucket is tiny, for example. Okay, it's a hamster, they are small. But the puppy in a basket isn't any larger. The rooster is the same size as the hippo, etc. Or look at Morning Sky's picture above: Compare the caterpillar, the bumble bee, and the huskies. Or the owl and butterfly. It's all really off.

But we can't really have everything in the proper scale. Think of that. How big would some of the items have to be? How huge would this hovel be, for example? It would take up a whole section of our MV. Or if everything was scaled down, we wouldn't even see the caterpillar or bumble bee.. So I sort of roll with it, but wish that items weren't as small as they sometimes are. Like the hamster in a bucket, puppy in a basket, or the V Day puppy. They are awfully tiny...

Hey Smurfs Villagers! We are currently running a Mother's Day contest and are giving away 600 Smurfberries in total! Check it out and have fun

http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/mai...y-card-contest

Comment

Working...
    X