Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding changes to Reporter Smurf's Calendar in version 1.67.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding changes to Reporter Smurf's Calendar in version 1.67.0

Dear Smurfs' Villagers, with the release of version 1.67.0, Reporter's Calendar system has been modified so that it now works like an actual monthly calendar. Immediately after updating you will notice that the Calendar has already progressed to do day six. This is because we are already six days into the month of September. From this point on, there is no longer any need to worry about missing out on Calendar Rewards when updating, as each day you play, you will be able to collect a new Reward.

We thank you for the feedback towards the previous Calendar system that precipitated this change, and hope you enjoy the new one! If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know below. Thank you.

The Flashman and Bongfish Teams

I'm only on Day 17 of the old calendar and wasn't going to update until collecting the Day 21 prize. That would put me on the new calendar at Day 11 (I think).
    Is there a way to 'catch up' on days with SB so I'd be able to collect the new Day 7 prize? Maybe, hopefully?

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee
      So basically it's a loss for us?

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna Only initially, but once you are switched over to the new Calendar, there will be no more missed days. Please see my reply to Lilly below.

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response. Guess I'll see what the Day 7 prize is, and if it trumps the feline final prize of the old calendar (in my case, doubtful, lol!) I'll hurry out and update. If I wait, I should still be on the new calender in time for the 1st SB prize, so that is cool.

I worry about the calendar... it seems like the risk of losing is way greater than before? You don't start at day one but day x and have already missed out on stuff and if you aren't online on day 7, 14, 24, or 30 you miss the big prizes. What if an update comes out on an 8th of a month? And what if you're a few days behind? You can't start day one then but might miss the big prizes 😕🤔😒 I read the thread but so far I don't see how it's supposed to be an improvement...? But maybe I'm just stupid right now and it's actually really cool... I hope so, because right now it sounds like a loss to me. So if anybody sees why this is good, please let stupid little me know!

Comment

• Silver
      Silver commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna, what Spelling Bee is saying is that the prize is not dependent on game version anymore. After 1.67.0 onward, you will get the same prize (whether you update the game or not). So even if the game didn't receive any updates in 4 weeks, you can still claim the 4th week prize

"Will the prizes be moved up sccordingly or will we miss the big prize when we download on an 8th after the 7th had a big prize?"
      In that scenario, it means that you already collect day 7 prize from the old version game. When you update the game on day 8, the calendar will also start from day 8.
      Last edited by Silver; 09-07-2018, 01:31 AM.

• happybird
      happybird commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna, It sounds like answer to this (simple) question is Yes ... But, if the first prize each month is now going to be a crappy coin item, I guess it doesn't really matter, anyways.

ETA: Unless the calendar is perpetual and it just keeps going and going ... which I think might be the case. That makes me nervous about 'big prize days' in general. Like, have the prizes already been chosen and set for the next several months? I find it doubtful that you could never update SV again and still get a new prizes every 'big prize' day. They must refresh the big prizes at each update ... which would bring us back to the original question, slightly modified: if you can no longer miss a day because the calendar is perpetual, will the prizes repeat until you update?
      Last edited by happybird; 09-07-2018, 04:42 AM.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      happybird I'm waiting to speak with the Development Team for some clarifcation regarding the big rewards. As for the missing a day, you can either spend a 1 Smurfberry for each day that's missed to get caught up, or wait until the 1st of the next Month for the new Calendar to begin.

Okay I have read this and my question is....

I see this goes through the 30th. If the next update comes out on say ... October 3, will we get the new calendar on this update for the 1st and 2nd or will we miss those days again like we missed the first 5 this month?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Lilly With the old system, each update had 21 days worth of rewards that came with that update. Once you had collected them all, you were done and had to wait.

Reporter's new system runs just like a real Calendar, and as such, it works in real time. There will be 30 days for this September, and 31 days snext month for October, and so on. Your in-game calendar will switch over to the October Calendar on October 1st, regardless of whether an update has been released by then or not.

Once you are on the new Calendar system, you should theoretically never miss out on rewards again, unless you just do not log in to collect it for that day.

• Lilly
      Lilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thanks. I thought perhaps Reporter Smurf would run like you just stated, but I asked because I think that was sort of the concern that we would miss things every update. So I agree with skydiver118 , this is just the “growing pains” to the new system.

And I quite like the idea of Reporter Smurf running separately from the updates. 🙂

i guess it depends on how you look at it because I got gifts for part of those days anyway. I think we missed gift for 2 days? if we updated ‘on time’ last time.

I think this month is ‘growin pains’ so to speak but in the future - unless an update comes more than 30 day’s from the last one, there wont’ be that ‘ok, 24 days since the last update, no reporter prizes on day 22 and 23 as it has been

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 More or less, yes. lol. This initial Month will be a bit short, but once you are on the new system, there will be no more waiting for a new update before you can collect more rewards.

Is reporter available offline or is it still tied to needing to be online?

Comment

• Chat noir
      Chat noir commented
      Editing a comment
      Still needs to be online for me (and my STILL inefficient WiFi!) skydiver118
      Last edited by Chat noir; 09-06-2018, 02:53 PM.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 It does still require an internet connection.

Will the prizes be update related? If the calender automatically updates then it's possible that the October items won't be aoctober update related.
    Last edited by Ultimate; 09-06-2018, 06:10 PM. Reason: Found my answer but got a different question

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Ultimate Since the Calendar requires an internet connection, the items given out as rewards are handled server side, and can be theme related if Bongfish chooses to do so.

The reporter's monthly calendar is an excellent improvement.
    But what a disappointment: now there are items in the boxes that are available for coins!

Spoiler!

Probably only at the end of the month there is a berry item in the yellow highlighted box.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna I hear ya. and yeah, I do think there is some adjusting going on, Which is fine because, well they dont
      have to give us anything. Here players were, annoyed at all the sheep, and we get other things.....it is what it is.

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 There is also a Schoolhouse Smurfy Wonder on the Mountain, so the Smurfs do go to School in more than one area.

Evanna I know you have strong feelings towards this, but I think you are being a little unfair. I also personally feel your car analogy is a bit of a false equivalency, how ever, let's go with that and look at it from another perspective.

Someone walks up to you and says here, would you like to use my Porsche for free? You can use it to drive and enjoy even though you've given me nothing. You say yes, and take the Porsche. Later, the same person returns and says, I'm very sorry, but by providing you that Porsche to drive, I've come to find that I'll still be the one making the payments on it, covering the insurance, and proving you with the gas. Instead of letting you continue to use that Porsche, I've decided to trade it in for a Toyota. Now, I am still willing to take care of everything so that you can drive it and use it for free. Sadly, I just can't let you keep using this Porsche because if I do, I won't be able to keep up with my bills, and then they'll come to take the car away, and we'll both be left with nothing. See? Now, how can you fault the person who gave you something to use for free?

If Bongfish could even remotely be viewed as negative for anything, it's for them being too generous in the first place, then trying to please everyone and still make sure they can continue updating the game that we all enjoy. Not to mention the fact that we haven't even confirmed if the Coin items are intentional, or an oversight/mistake.

I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinions, and I encourage your feedback here (as well as Bongfish) towards features that are added (or removed). I just ask that you not be so quick to be pessimistic and look for the negative. Having dealt with the folks at Bongfish and Flashman personally, I can honestly say that they have given more heart and compassion towards the community and this game in the past two years, than Capcom/Beeline gave in the entire first 6 years of its existence.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee
      That is actually what I meant but I wasn't able to express it properly. I did mean to say 'this is why people are miffed' but I also meant to say 'we are in this situation solely because Bongfish gave us so much' - that was in Bongfish's defense.
      Bongfish were initially incredibly generous and now that people get less, it feels unfair and like something was taken away even though we still get something that is good. Initially, we got a huge thing that we then grew used to. That doesn't mean that we get nothing now, we still get something! That something just feels less in comparison, but we only have that comparison situation because Bongfish gave us so much to begin with (and I realise that I keep phrasing it in a way that sounds negative but I mean it in a positive way, argh).
      With all those things Bongfish think in our favour / don't think of themselves. They only later on realise that they gave us more than is good for them. When they then adjust it, people get upset. Had they started small already, it wouldn't have come to that. So their kindness and generosity bit them in the butt, basically, and we get upset about something where on the one hand it makes sense to do so, on the other hand we shouldn't because we still get something.
      (Like the suicide rate after the great depression. It went up during the depression and then became even higher during the economic revival. Makes no sense, right? Except it does, sort of. People lose stuff, they feel s***. Then everything becomes better and all the papers and tv and everybody says 'look, so much better! Everything is booming! Wooo!' and people are like 'what are you talking about I'm still in the dumps, I don't own a mansion or a sports car, I'm not rich, oh no, my life sucks, everybody is doing so well and there's a boom but there is none in my life, oh no'. There is an upturn, but people make the mistake to look at the wrong starting point. Say they start at 50%. Then the depression pushes them to 10%. Then things become better. Problem is that people don't see that they are at 10% and have to rise from those 10% first to even get close to the 50% they had. They think 'but I was at 50%, why am I not at 80%?'. Well, because you started at 10%. Not 50%.)
      (It's not quite the same for Bongfish, just mentioning this because I thought of it just now. For us it's this: We started at 20%. Bongfish put us at 80%. Then they put us down to 50% and that's 30% less, right? Oh no~! But it also is 30% more than we had at the very beginning. I was/am disappointed by the prize and personally also loved receiving sheep, but I agree with you. Unfortunately, I fail badly at expressing this.)
      Last edited by Evanna; 09-08-2018, 08:58 AM.

Well, I for one am glad about the new system. I really appreciate that there's no more hassle with checking Reporter's status before thinking about updating. And we get a reward every day (if we log in), regardless of when a new update comes out. For me this is a great plus, and I guess it takes a lot of pressure off Bongfish who now don't have to bring out a new update every 3-4 weeks just to keep Reporter going. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to new updates. But I personally wouldn't mind if you relaxed a bit and increased the time between them so we can enjoy each update a bit longer before the next one knocks on our door!
    Nevertheless I have a question. (Sorry if it's a silly one, but I can't seem to find the answer in what has already been said.)
    In the old system, if you missed a day or more, you had to pay 1 SB per day you missed just for the pleasure of continuing with the calendar and getting future rewards. However you could choose not to do so and just wait for the next update to start anew.
    And now? If you miss some days, do you still have to pay SBs to go on? I hope not, because you wouldn't really have a choice, would you? With the new ongoing calendar, there's no "reset button" when you can join in and get a fresh start. I really hope you just miss the rewards for the days you missed but can go on collecting as normal once you come back.
    Or does the calendar reset every new month?
    Last edited by Fiona; 09-07-2018, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Fiona If you miss a day, you will still need to spend 1 Smurfberry per day to catch back up. If you choose not to spend any Smurfberries to get current, you must wait until the 1st day of the next Calendar month before you can begin collecting again.

• Fiona
      Fiona commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for clarifying that, Spelling Bee !

I know since it's not available off line I really wish the late fee would go away, where you just miss the prizes for the days you don't, OR CAN'T play.

I could get the late fee if it was off line accessible, but there are plenty of times and places where you just can't get online (traveling for example) and whole chunks of this country do not have wifi access everywhere.

Comment

Working...
    X