No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer update regarding Facebook connectivity issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Developer update regarding Facebook connectivity issues

Click image for larger version  Name:	FacebookOutage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	210.3 KB ID:	241267

Monday, June 17th, 2019:

Our Development Team is actively working to restore Facebook account connectivity, and hope to have the matter resolved within the next 24 hours.

This is a server-side issue, and no Bug Fix update is needed. We kindly ask for your patience and understanding while we address this problem. Thank you!

Click image for larger version

Name:	FacebookOutage2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	241544

Wednesday, June 19th, 2019:

Unfortunately, restoring Facebook connectivity within Smurfs' Village is taking longer than we had anticipated. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences this extended outage may be causing.

While we do not have a new estimated time for completion, our Team is working as fast as possible towards a resolution. We humbly ask for your continued patience and understanding.

Name:	something_smurfy_is_coming_SOCIAL.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	355.5 KB
ID:	241545

Tuesday, June 25th, 2019:

We're proud to announce that our new Friend system is scheduled to arrive this week as part of the next update! Specific details will be shared tomorrow, but the most essential thing to note is that it does not rely on Facebook! This means that even though work continues to restore Facebook connectivity, an alternative way to add friends and send gifts is on its way!​​​​​​​

As of this morning, I am unable to log into my FB account for my friend’s villages to load. I am on IOS and I discovered this after finishing up the Tracker event and wanted to gift my friends. I tried to log back in, and I get sent to a web page pictured below. I have tried turning my iPad off and on, it didn't fix it. I am able to be on FB with no problem. No problem with internet at all. I have seen it mentioned on the FB Community pages that others may be experiencing the same thing. Any ideas?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Smurfy102 They are working to fix it ASAP.

• Phil Teo
      Phil Teo commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee, if I have a similar screen to Smurfy102, except I can see all my friends, is it normal? Do I have to click the 'facebook log in' or is that not necessary?

Thanks so much!

Comment

This happened to me too, this morning. Thanks for the update on this fix, Spelling Bee!

Comment

i dunno. i am not affected by this, since i don’t personally use FB. (And I would really enjoy being able to interact with players). But, it seems that having all user connectivity based solely on a totally separate social media network seems unfortunate. Almost seems like FB is moving towards dinosaur status, similar to old Myspace. There must be a more universal way, where all Smurfs’ Village players can connect without outside social media networks The assumption that everyone uses FB isn’t fun for the people who actually don’t and cannot enjoy the features involved.
        Last edited by SolipsismSmurf; 06-17-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• SolipsismSmurf
          SolipsismSmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Sky very good point

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m kinda the same way as Morning Sky
          I have just a few friends on facebook, and i’m Fine with that because I know every single one of them, as in met them personally. I won’t link the game to that because I won’t have FB spamming my real life friends to play a game...and I keep my worlds separate.

A separate, private, system I would probably use. But not FB and its data mining.

• Schtroumpfette
          Schtroumpfette commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Sky you can put your FB Smurf friends into a group that you exclude from all your FB posts. They won't see or interact with your posts, colleagues, or other friends you have on FB.

I can help you set it up if you like.

Seems to be also with magic meadow as the facebook issue is still happening

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          So Facebook has changed something and Bongfish has to scramble to fix Facebook’s mess.

• debbles smurf
          debbles smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          I noticed something a while ago all game apps have been removed from facebook and wondered if this change is what is causing the issues

Any update on how it is going? Thanks!

Comment

• Smurfy102
          Smurfy102 commented
          Editing a comment
          skydiver118 thanks! I was wondering if they had an update as to how it is going. It has been a week or so.

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Smurfy102
          They posted this on the 19th

📢Unfortunately, restoring Facebook connectivity within Smurfs' Village is taking longer than we had anticipated. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconveniences this extended outage may be causing.

While we do not have a new estimated time for completion, our Team is working as fast as possible towards a resolution. We humbly ask for your continued patience and understanding.

___

And posted about 16 hours ago they hoped to have another update later today....but I haven’t seen anything else.

So maybe tomorrow or something they will post another update.

• Smurfy102
          Smurfy102 commented
          Editing a comment
          skydiver118. Thanks so much!

It is affecting both of their smurfs games

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a funny feeling it may be affecting more than that. Facebook changes something and everyone that uses their service has to scramble to fix it.

Name:	E1899DDC-9AF8-484A-AB3B-6A0B6722DB57.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	158.0 KB
ID:	241525 They posted on Twitter that there is a new friends system coming this week, and while they do not have facebook issues fixed and are still working on them, this will be another way to friend.

Twitter said into would be posted tomorrow

Comment

• Unicorn Smurf
          Unicorn Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Woo hoo!!!!! 🥳🎉

• Shirin
          Shirin commented
          Editing a comment
          Is it real? New friending system comes? I can’t believe. This is the best news ever!

This was posted on Facebook about it.
        Last edited by Lilly; 06-25-2019, 04:17 PM.

Comment

So excited!!!!!! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Comment

• Lilly
            Lilly commented
            Editing a comment
            Me too! 😃😃😃😃

To be honest, I kinda got this feeling that the new friend system is coming when the Facebook outrage happened. Well, its finally happening!! SO EXCITED FOR THIS!

Comment

• skydiver118
            skydiver118 commented
            Editing a comment
            I think this also explains the contest that never happened. They have been working on the new friending for a while, but yeah, the facebook outage fast tracked it and I think it’s been all hands on deck to get things done and ready for the next update, which they said elsewhere should be out by the end or near the end of the month.

Oh wow this is exciting! 😱🤩😍🎉

Comment

I just hope we keep our old GC friends.

Comment

• Marla Stein
              Marla Stein commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope it too Morning Sky 😃

I love my neighbors 🌹

I hope it too Morning Sky 😃

I love my neighbors 🌹

Comment