Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Introduction to the brand new Smurf ID system and how it works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Introduction to the brand new Smurf ID system and how it works!

Click image for larger version  Name:	add_friends_directly_ingame_PROMOTION.jpg Views:	1 Size:	216.9 KB ID:	241585

We are extremely proud to finally announce the arrival of our new Smurf ID / Friend system! Please know that this is still a work in progress, and as such, there will be improvements and adjustments made as time goes on. For now, though, we've put together a list of questions and answers to help prepare everyone for its arrival. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please reply below and we will do our best to help.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS

Q: What is a Smurf ID?
    A: Smurf ID is a FREE and SECURE new feature that lets you add friends and manage them directly in-game.

Q: Do I still need to use my Facebook account for the Smurf ID?
    A: No! Smurf IDs are on a completely separate system that does not rely on Facebook.

Q: Can I still keep my old Facebook friends and send them gifts?
    A: Yes, it will still be possible to use Facebook if you choose to do so.

Q: If I am on iOS, can I still keep my old Game Center friends and send them gifts?
    A: For the time being, yes. However, since it is no longer possible to add new Game Center friends, this will likely be removed in a future update.

Q: Do I have to create a Smurf ID?
    A: The choice to register for a Smurf ID is optional; however, the benefits go beyond the ability to add new friends and send them gifts. You can also use a Smurf ID to back up and save your progress directly to our Cloud Servers, bypassing the need to use the Game Center, or Google's Cloud Save features (more info on this will be shared later.)

Q: Does having a Smurf ID mean I can add friends from iOS, Android, and Kindle?
    A: Yes! As long as your friend also has a Smurf ID, you can add one another and visit each other's villages, no matter which platform you use!

Q: How do I obtain a Smurf ID?
    A: After installing the version 1.80.0 update, you will see a pop-up asking you if you would like to register for a Smurf ID. Follow the prompts and enter the required information. That's it!

Q: How do I manage my Smurf ID?
    A: To change your Smurf ID user name, profile picture, or view your own ID number, go to the Menu > Settings Tab > My Account > Smurf ID!

Q: How do I add friends using my new Smurf ID?
    A: After creating your Smurf ID, go to the Menu > Community Tab > Visit Friend > Add Friends Tab. There you will be able to enter your friend's Smurf ID or search for a friend by their Smurf ID user name, or email address if they have provided them to you.

Q: What do I have to do to start sending gifts?
    A: First, go into the Menu > Settings My Account > Cloud Save, and be sure that the Daily Autosave option is enabled. Once it is, tap on the Save Button to manually create your first Smurf ID Cloud Save.

When finished, head back into the Community Tab, and tap on the Visit Friend button. After you've added a friend, you'll need to wait for them to confirm the request. Once confirmed, you can start to gift right away!

Q: Have any new gifting options like Resources been added?
    A: Not at this time, but we will be adding new things to gift soon!

Q: How do Featured villages work?
    A: Player's with a Smurf ID can "Like" each smurfy area when visiting one another's villages. The areas most frequently liked by other players will become featured villages!

Q: What should I do if I come across an inappropriate Smurf ID name or village content?
    A: There is a Flag Icon visible near the top of each village. Tapping on this will let you file a report with Customer Support.

Q: How can I tell if I've already gifted a friend?
    A: Currently, there is no indicator showing this. That said, we will be adding an icon to denote this soon!

Q: How can I tell which of my friend's Villages has Marco?
    A: The friend that has Marco in their village will have a small medallion icon on their profile.

Q: How can I remove a friend that I have added?
    A: To remove a friend, tap on the minus symbol icon in the upper right corner of their profile.

All in all it sounds pretty straight forward.

Will it have the same need for people to be on the same level to visit each other like the current system does?

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmmm... not sure what you mean. I can visit people on all levels- did I misunderstand?

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 Yes, players will still need to be on the same update version in order to visit one another.

How about adding another function to tell that my friends are on the same version before entering their village? Currently it is quite frustrating and a waste of time to enter friends’ villages only to find out they have not updated the latest version, hence can’t gift.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Astro King This is something that that will hopefully be added as time goes on.

I'm super happy to hear we can like each other's villages and that in the future, we'll be able to back up our data on Bongfish servers.

Can't wait to see the update and register for my smurf ID.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Stroumpfette Yes, liking each other's villages is great, and it is broken down by area too! Regarding the Smurf ID Cloud Save backup, this is something that will be available immediately, once you create your Smurf ID account and turn on the Automatic backups. One of the best things about this is that it will work for Kindle players too!

• Schtroumpfette
      Schtroumpfette commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee, thanks for the clarification. I must have read too quickly. LOL

The backup is really awesome, honestly, given the trouble we had with Google in the past and especially fantastic for Kindle.

It's great we can like village areas. I've visited villages where I've wanted to give compliments--this is a smurfy way to do it with "likes."

Can't wait!

Exciting times πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Comment

Re. the fifth question. Do we really have the option to back up in the Game Center or the Bongfish servers? Or if we register is it Bongfish servers only?

I’m just worried that one day Smurfs village will advance towards being an online game, which would ruin it.

Also, can you have Facebook friends AND any friends made through the new ID system? Or is it one or the other?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        NvrHappyPerfectionist I'll reply to each of your questions below:

As long as an iOS player is logged into their Game Center account, they will continue to have a Game Center Cloud Save automatically created. When you create a Smurf ID, it is what will be shown on the Cloud Save screen.

There are no plans at this time to transition Smurfs' Village to an Online only game.

As long as you are logged into your Facebook account (and the outage is fixed), the Facebook friends will still show up alongside the Smurf ID friends.

What happens when Player A add Player B ?
      * A can see B village & B can see A village
      * Only A can see B village (except if B added A as friend as well)

I would like the second option. I mean I would love to add and see other village setups, but would rather other village not seeing mine (my village is such a mess )

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Silver If you remove someone as your friend, then they disappear from your list of friends, and you disappear from theirs.

• Silver
        Silver commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for your explanation Spelling Bee

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        The explanations are fantastic, thanks so much.

Oh wow this is so awesome! Sounds like a huge milestone in game history! πŸŽ‰πŸ˜
      Can’t wait to see so many new villages and get inspired by them! 🀩

Comment

• Shirin
        Shirin commented
        Editing a comment
        Me too! Counting hours to this update!

what is the estimated time of this version will being released? i am so excited!! <3 <3 <3

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Kyliebaby If everything goes as scheduled, it could be released as early as today!

Wahoo!! Can’t wait to finally have some more Forum friends to visitπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Comment

Wow wow, maybe todayπŸ™β€οΈπŸ‘

Comment

Comment

I have a questions. In the past, did gift boxes show who sent them when you were friends through Game Center? If so, will that be activated in the new system?
            Last edited by Arthur Lin; 06-27-2019, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
              Spelling Bee commented
              Editing a comment
              Arthur Lin No, not always, and there is not going to be any changes made to the way Game Center gifting works. For the new Smurf ID system, names should appear, however, it is not always 100% at the moment because the Development Team has still not worked all the kinks out yet.

• Arthur Lin
              Arthur Lin commented
              Editing a comment
              Okay, the development team must be very busy now, thank you for all the hard work!

Please could somebody tell me what sort of gift 🎁 that is possible to give.
            Obviously not resources as yet , though that would be fantastic ❀️❀️❀️❀️

Comment

• Spelling Bee
              Spelling Bee commented
              Editing a comment
              asmurf No new gifts have been added at this point in time, but new ones will be coming in a future update, soon.

• asmurf
              asmurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you πŸ™πŸ‘

wow i haven't expected this comes true!!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ i think maybe a lot of efforts needed for this new friending & gifting system. thank you so much Bongfish!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Comment

Working...
            X