Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding known issues currently affecting version 1.86.0

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gemenii2188
    commented on 's reply
    I have had the same problem. When I attempt to cancel the raft the game cashes every time. Until it is resolved we will just have to let the raft finish .
    Last edited by Gemenii2188; 11-27-2019, 06:49 PM.

• Phil Teo
    replied
    Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this... but for me, when I send smurfs out on rafts at the island and I want to cancel the rafts, my game crashes. Never happened before in the past.

Leave a comment:

• IslandLife
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Chat noir! No eye-rolls here I promise! I have ended up cropping a fair bit, but I find that the quality of the screenshots is still too high.
    I have however just discovered that saving a picture to Google Photos reduces the size of the image considerably, without a discernable reduction in quality for a "cartoon image"... so I'm going to try that next. ๐Ÿคž

• skydiver118
    commented on 's reply
    Another way could be to take it slightly larger than you need, then crop in. Might be a little fuzzy if you do it too much, but trimming off that extra inch or so can make the size smaller.

• IslandLife
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Badger . I was a pretty dedicated user of MS Paint and I often wish I had a nice simple resize option on my phone!

• Chat noir
    replied
    Hi IslandLife. Please donโ€™t โ€˜eye-rollโ€™ at this, because Iโ€™m sure you will know how to crop screenshots, but for anyone else out there...my (pretty basic) Android phone lets me do this: take screenshot, find this symbol Click image for larger version

Name:	8F3FCBBF-9A0D-4CB0-A277-80AA34B00619.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	250963 Tap it, then tap this symbol Click image for larger version

Name:	E1C81F01-41FF-4357-8044-6022FAFDF898.jpeg
Views:	227
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	250964 and I can crop it

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you for spotting that!
    If you find items that you think are in the wrong category, please - if at all possible - let Bongfish know which ones, either by sending a note suggesting changes to Customer Support, or by posting them here. There's more than 5000 items in SV overall so some mistakes were bound to happen

• Badger
    commented on 's reply
    If you find items that you think are in the wrong category, please - if at all possible - let Bongfish know which ones, either by sending a note suggesting changes to Customer Support, or by posting them here. There's more than 5000 items in SV overall so some mistakes were bound to happen

• Badger
    commented on 's reply

• Badger
    commented on 's reply
    It was unusual anyway to have a "Camera" option in the Build Menu, which then saved images to a semi-random location on the device. The Facebook part of that feature (post your screenshot asking others to join) was SO 2011; I think people don't post this kind of posting to Facebook much anymore. So the build menu unnecessarily duplicated something you can do by pressing buttons on the device.
    When I handle screenshots I move them over to the PC, then just open them in MS Paint (yeah I know, but it's free) and go Home->Resize->50%.

• Twinkiepie
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™ Love reading all your comments and will share them with the team

• IslandLife
    replied
    Hi this is going to sound like a silly question... I hope you guys can suppress the eye-rolls! ๐Ÿ™„
    As there is no longer any way to take an in-game picture, I'm assuming people are posting screenshots/gifs captured with their phones ๐Ÿ“ธ. Have there been any problems with pictures being too large to post to this forum as a result? What apps/software are you using to get past the size limits? Is there a way to reduce the quality if the picture?
    I'm on Android, Samsung.

Leave a comment:

• Stroumpfette
    commented on 's reply
    Bongfish has done an amazing job of updating the game to keep up with technology, and they have been so responsive to player feedback.

They releveled the XP requirements at higher levels, offered new ways to get cool things (contests, the travel caravan to watch ads and win prizes), and they responded to reports of bugs and issues.

They also uplifted the Android community players by giving the Android version as much effort as the iOS version. That meant a lot to those of us on Android OS.

The game creator didn't seem interested in any of those things, and player satisfaction often dipped.

Well stated, KnittingSmurf
    Last edited by Stroumpfette; 11-20-2019, 09:17 PM.

• Stroumpfette
    commented on 's reply
    Happy to help, @EveQ

IslandLife the menu for whatever is underneath pops up, and I have to clear that first, so I'm not sure it will have an effect. I will play around with it some more.

It may be that the target is too small even for my pointy Samsung stylus.

• skydiver118
    commented on 's reply
    You phrased it so well because Bongfish is a fantastic company. Are they perfect? Nah. But thatโ€™s ok. More importantly than appearing to be perfect is being imperfect and owning it. They admit oops and fix them and thatโ€™s such a wonderful thing.
    I have been very lucky to only need technical help a couple of times and they have been so fantastic and helpful.
    With the sale imminent (as in coming soon) they could be coasting, but like proud parents they seem to be doing all they can to finish and complete all they can before they lose control, which shows a fantastic level of pride and ownership.
Working...
X