Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding known issues currently affecting Smurfs' Village.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement: Developer Update regarding known issues currently affecting Smurfs' Village.

Dear Villagers. For those of you who are still having problems, we'd like to reiterate that we do take all of these matters seriously, and we are extremely grateful for your continued support, and faith in our efforts. While we did fix several things in Part 2 of our Christmas update, we know many of you are still waiting for us to resolve the rest. Going forward, the Bongfish Team will continue to assist the PopReach Teams in whatever ways they can to investigate and resolve the issues listed below. While we cannot promise everything will be addressed with the next update, those that are will be implemented into (Ver.1.89.0) which is tentatively scheduled to arrive on or around January 9th, 2020. Anything remaining will be worked on until they are solved!

Once again, we humbly ask for your continued patience and understanding until then. As a reminder, no matter what trouble you are having, please DO NOT ever attempt to delete and reinstall your app. Doing this could cause your progress to become lost permanently. Additionally, if you have not registered for a Smurf ID account, please do so now. Setting one up and creating a new Smurf ID Cloud Save with it will help protect all of your smurfy progress.

If you are experiencing any of these problems listed below, there is no need to submit a ticket with our Customer Support Team (unless explicitly stated to do so). Wait times for Customer Support help are quite high, but if you have already submitted a ticket, everyone WILL get a reply, so please be patient.

Some of the currently known issues are as follows:
    • Sleeping Dragons are not working on the Mountain.
      • (Please do not attempt to use Smurfberries to wake them up)
    • Traveling to a new area using the Kingdom Map causes the game screen to freeze, preventing zooming in, or moving around the village area.
      • (If this is happening to you, please comment below with the brand and model of the device you are using to help aid in our investigation.)
      • (A temporary workaround is to exit the game, and re-open it.)
    • Traveling to a new area using the Kingdom Map causes the game to crash.
      • (if this is happening to you, please comment below with the brand and model of the device you are using to help aid in our investigation.)
    • Cannot zoom in on the Smurf Kingdom Map.
      • (This problem has been fixed and will be implemented in our next update)
    • Cannot claim the reward for watching an Ad in the Video Hut or Traveler's Caravan.
      • (If this happens to you, please note the name of the Ad, take a screenshot of the Ad, and comment below with that information, along with your country/device. Alternatively, you can submit a Customer Support ticket containing all of the information.)
    • Can not place the Train Tunnel across Rivers in the Main Village.
    • Can not tap on UI buttons to access Menus on select Android devices.
      • (We had hoped this would finally be fixed, but the problem still remains. If you are one of the affected users, please reply below with the exact brand and model of your Android device, or submit a ticket with that information to Customer Support to help aid in our further investigation.)
      • (Additionally, since this problem is device-related, it is possible to transfer your progress to a new/alternative device, providing that you have a Smurf ID account. If you would like to have your progress transferred, please contact our Customer Support Team for assistance.)
    • The game continually force closes on 3rd and 4th Gen iPads (released in 2012).
      • (We will continue to try and further optimize the game for these devices in the next update, however, we do recommend upgrading to a newer device at your earliest convenience to improve the overall gameplay experience and stability.)
    • Can not log in to Facebook Account.
    • In-Game message overlaps PCO Offer wall Pop-up, welcome screen, etc, cannot be exited out of it.
      • (A temporary workaround is to exit your game and re-open it.)
    • Can not see Message In a Bottle Rewards or claim them.
    • Certain Paints that were previously unlocked (Black etc.) are now locked again in the Mountain, Planet, and Grove.
    • Recently made progress is sometimes lost.
      • (If you notice this happen, make sure that have registered for a Smurf ID account, and that you do a manual Cloud Save after each play session.)
      • (if your lost progress includes a recent in-app purchase using real currency, please submit a Customer Support ticket and they will re-send that to you.)
    • Cannot claim the Jet from Tourist Smurf's Hut.
    • Crop Timers / Collection Countdown Timers not accurate.
    • Star/Stardust colors are missing from the UI when collecting Craters on the Planet.
    • The amount of Bolts needed to complete Clockwork Smurf on the Island is incorrect.
    • Father Time's Clock Tower cannot be reset with Smurfberries.
    • Can't use the Crystal Grinder / Pop-up message stating that Geologist Smurf's Hut is required.
    • After collecting Reporter’s Calendar Reward, the Pop-Up window shows an image of a plain hut, being overlaid by 500 Yellow Rare Seeds.
    • Loss of all items placed in every area except for the Main Village.
      • (If this happens to you, please do not delete the app from your old device (if transferring your progress to a new device), and submit a Customer Support ticket.)

For all other issues, such as those not listed, or for purchases not received, please do submit a Customer Support ticket. Again, please keep in mind that ticket response times are higher than usual, but you will eventually get a response.

Thank you,

The Bongfish and PopReach Teams

In addition to what is above, if you should experience an issue where specific items disappear (that you have had in your village for a while), or mini-games from one area are moved to another, or empty floating icons appear, this means you have likely experienced corruption.

The quickest and safest fix for this is to immediately use the in-game recovery tool as soon as possible and restore your village to an earlier save that was made BEFORE the problem first appeared.

Please note: If you choose to continue playing without making a recovery, or re-purchase the missing items, then the corruption will only get worse and could lead to permanent loss of your village.

To make the recovery, go to the Smurfs’ Village Settings (gear button in the bottom right corner of the screen) > Settings Tab > My Account > Local Saves > Saved Villages. On the Saved Villages Screen, go through the saves one by one and preview them until you find a good save where everything is back to normal.

So, if for example you first noticed the problem on a Thursday, check the Local Save from Tuesday, and if that’s good, you can use that save or go back even one day further to be extra safe. You only get 3 Recovery attempts every 24 hours, so we would advise that you preview each Recovery Point thoroughly before you choose to use it. If you need you to check another area besides the Main Village, you can also travel to your other areas when previewing your Saves by tapping on the Rocket, Balloon, Ship, and Portal.

Since you are essentially taking your village back in time, you will lose any recent progress made after the creation of that recovery point, but it's the only known way to reverse the corruption. If this does not work, or you lose any recent purchases that you have made, please submit a ticket with Customer Support, and they will get back to you as soon as they can. https://smurfs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comment

• Chat noir
      Chat noir commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee. I’m only commenting here because your first post asks for details about devices where this occurs..... use of my Kingdom Map to enter the Grove, and once the Mountain, has caused freezing/ crashing a few times this morning, not happened before. I rebooted 2 or 3 times, but it still happened, so I’m now playing safe with the original methods of transport, which have been working, and that’s fine by me.

I play on an iPad mini 4.
      Last edited by Chat noir; 12-22-2019, 09:36 AM.

Would it be a good idea to save the game after winning something special, and if so, how do I go about doing that?

Comment

• Silver
      Silver commented
      Editing a comment
      Perhaps travelling to other areas will trigger save. You can also save to cloud to be sure

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to Settings, My Account, Cloud save; then tap Save.

Why i can't buy more color in Grove ( Painter Smurf)

Comment

I’m not using the kingdom map and one of my ipads crashes when going to and from the grove. Happened 3 times this AM. Tried to submit a ticket, dunno if it went through since all I got was a white screen.

I’ve also experienced, on two devices, when collecting stardust from craters the white gift box animation will not come up. When it eventually does you will likely be in another area of the game and timers will reset. Some back a couple of hours, some back maybe 12 hours (maybe it reverts to some local save from a few hours ago?)

It’s happened on my mini 4 and last night on my ipod 7 game.
      Last edited by skydiver118; 12-31-2019, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• ChristalWest
        ChristalWest commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not just the craters that reset...everything except Vanity loses time for the reset period. This happens about one a day with me for no reason. I notice it while collecting stardust from craters, but the losing of time affects Planet and Mountain when it occurs.

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        ChristalWest Shirin
        Yeah, the lost time is across the game.
        It is like the game gets ‘lost’ and reverts back to a local save of however many hours ago.

I know I have noticed on my mini 4, when the new interface slides up and down (the totals along the top, etc) my game stutters and jump until that move is over. It’s like the rendering of the graphics sliding up and down take enough system resources it slows the game down.

Dunno if it is related to this or not, but it feels like when the stardust boxes don’t open the graphics are ‘lost’ and dont’ open when they should, then opening later is what messes things up.

• ChristalWest
        ChristalWest commented
        Editing a comment
        skydiver118, the stuttering may cause it. I’ve also seen it happen when I hit something else while the 2nd box (I have the excavator that doubles box rewards) is waiting to open. This interference stops the second box and then reverts to the 250XP without a box...i then know to close and relaunch the game. It then always relaunches with lost time.

In the main village, is it possible to use the one-way tunnel to cross the rivers or do you have to use the two-way bridge? It says its ment for crossing rivers but im not able to place it.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Welcome to the forum, Juliettie! This is a known issue- see above.

Please, in the future, use the Search function in the upper left corner of the forum so you can post things pertaining to that issue or find answers to your questions in an existing topic, rather than starting a new one. Sometimes it helps to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update” (which is the default) after you do your initial search. In this case I found it by searching ‘tunnel’.

I think there is a bug with my planet. It sometimes freezed. Last evening, when I collected my craters, there appeared no gift box from any of my craters. All(12) of my craters gave me 250 xp, which is weird. So I closed my game, turned WiFi off and reopened game. And went to planet to see what happened to my craters. They were in progress, showing 29 min.left ( but I haven’t dig any of them when I left game).

Today morning, my Island, mountain and planet were empty as it is just unlocked. So made a recovery and it was fine.

BUt now again my planet was untappable , so I reopened game. It first was ok. But then my planet forced to close and my Island, mountain planet are empty again. I need to use second recovery.

What should I do, Im doing 2 nd recovery in a day. Should I don’t play my planet?

Also, don’t know it is main or not , but, while you are seeing your saved village and travel to another areas, the profile icon changes in every area.
      Last edited by Shirin; 01-09-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
        AlleycatttSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m so relieved to hear that your game is safe Shirin !! That’s great news!!😅😅😅💖💖💖

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad you managed to recover a safe game🐙👍😄

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        So glad your game is OK!

Still having problems, game occasionally will freeze when moving around (all areas), can’t always place object after tapping on it, tapping on the tick icon just moves object. Occasionally after visiting friend’s village, get the message ‘Character Limit Reached, Some critter has been put in storage’. I also noticed smurfs watering empty ground instead of crops when visiting friend’s village. Click image for larger version

Name:	C9C434EA-03BA-4FF5-A8AC-1AAA4F344E9D.jpeg
Views:	785
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	253991

Comment

Clockwork isn’t working properly on the island, my lovely friends are giving me bolts but as soon as I get 10 in total the game resets and I am back to having no bolts. Please Popreach could you fix this🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🐙

Comment

• Tamara Abbott
          Tamara Abbott commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh that's awful. I'm still waiting for them to do the reset on my game before I gift again. When it all sorted out I will continue playing and gifting.

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Going by comments I’ve seen on the facebook group they know about the clockwork issue. You should still open a ticket. First they need to know how wide spread it is, second they may be able to help you with those bolts once it’s all sorted out

In the main village the train tunnels are supposed to be able to go over rivers, and I have seen them go over rivers in other villages. For some reason this isn't working for me, please fix

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi StrawberryBlossom and welcome to the forum!

This is a known issue as you can see from the above list.

In the future, please use the search function in the upper left corner of the forum to find whether someone has already started a topic so you can post things pertaining to that issue there. You can usually find existing topics relevant to your questions or problems more quickly too! Also, if you have a problem or question, you can look in the Questions and/or Existing Problems sections of the forum to see if the topic has been active recently.

When searching, the trick is sometimes to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update” (which is the default) after you do your initial search.

Hi. I've been wondering about the bottle since it doesn't give me any materials to complete the clockwork and the totem. It only gives XP instead after I finish the quest. Is it normal or not?

I would be glad for any help.
        Last edited by Smurfy Apprentice; 04-22-2020, 08:19 AM. Reason: Some grammar correction

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Welcome to the forum! I have moved your post here, because this is Part of a well-know bug- The message-in-a-bottle is just not working correctly- see the list at the head of this topic!

In the future, please use the search function in the upper left corner of the forum to find whether someone has already started a topic so you can post things pertaining to that issue there. You can usually find existing topics relevant to your questions or problems more quickly too! Also, if you have a problem or question, you can look in the Questions and/or Existing Problems sections of the forum to see if the topic has been active recently.

When searching, the trick is sometimes to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update” (which is the default) after you do your initial search! IN this case I searched ‘bottle’ and it was the third one that came up.

Is it possible to delete king smurfs castle? I was trying to place the castle but didn’t have room so I canceled placement and not it’s no where to be found!

Comment

• SmurfsAlot
          SmurfsAlot commented
          Editing a comment
          I found it lol

So I found it on a random place on my mountain. The items in that place are now gone and my game has been acting odd since then. I collected some berries and then the apps closed. I opened it again and my corn was ready to harvest and it says berries will be ready in 2 hours. Do you think it’s corrupted ? I hope not. I finally won the chef sheep after MONTHS of trying

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Please read my post below...

So today I was trying to place the castle but didn’t have room so I canceled placement and I couldn’t find it. I found it on a random place on my mountain. The items in that place are now gone and my game has been acting odd since then. I collected some berries and then the apps closed. I opened it again and my corn was ready to harvest and it says berries will be ready in 2 hours. Do you think it’s corrupted ? I hope not. I finally won the chef sheep after MONTHS of trying and I purchased berries. I had auto cloud save on so I can’t use that to recover. If I use the other save option I lose my berries and my chef sheep

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Please read post #2 here. I think the problem with your castle and items disappearing does indicate corruption.

Please, don’t forget, you can use the search function in the upper left corner of the forum, and then can post things pertaining to that issue in that topic instead of starting a new one. That is how I found this topic.

I started finally getting my train track built and I’ve been having major issues. I try to place the single track tunnel over the rivers in my main village but it won’t actually let me (just red over all water). So I bought the bridge with the double track instead (even though I didn’t like that one) but no matter what I do I can’t get tracks to link up and still can’t place the tunnel.

Comment

Working...
        X