Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak Peek at the contents of our upcoming version 1.89.0 update: Lunar New Year is coming to the Island!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak Peek at the contents of our upcoming version 1.89.0 update: Lunar New Year is coming to the Island!

Dear Smurfs’ Villagers,

The Chinese Lunar New Year will soon be here, and our team has done their best to make sure you and your Smurfs celebrate it in style! Read on below for some hints as to what is coming soon! Oh, and don't forget to comment with your guesses as to what each clue is referring to!

Note: Don’t forget to use Spoiler Tags! Please put Spoiler and /spoiler with [before and] after each guess! To practice or to learn how to use the Spoiler Tags, please use this topic here!

🏗 A smurf with engineering know-how will soon be in charge of projects on the Island! 🚧
    • Who could it be? Check the emojis above and you might find out!🤔
    🐀 A splendid rodent is being added to the Mega Mystery Box!🎁
    • What could this new addition be? Whomever it is they'll make a perfect companion for an Imperial Palace!🤫
    👑 A new Costume for your favorite smelly wizard!🧪
    • This particular design was created by a talented member of our community!🥰
    🐉 This Smurfy Wonder is held aloft as it makes its way around your Island!🐲
    • It may look ferocious, but we promise it is smurfy at heart!😉
    🛍 Exclusive Offers with a Lunar glow! 🌟
    • One has a beard, and another has a mane. One is a location from the Smurfs episode with "Panda-Monium" in its title!🤩
    🏮 Smurfy new features such as 🎉
    • Bugfixes!
    • Removal of Christmas assets! (Snow will remain)
    • A new outfit for Smurfette!
    • A Special Complimentary Gift to celebrate the Lunar New Year!
    • A new max Level! (158)
    • Lots of Chinese New year inspired decorations!

Additional Information:
    • Our update is expected to be released on or around January 9th, 2020! Please note that this is just an estimate and may be subject to any unforeseen delays.
    • Watch out for a smurfy Contest!

**Please note** Despite our best intentions, it is possible that some of the update contents may change before being submitted. We hope you understand.

Here is some helpful information for those who are unfamiliar with the theme of the update!

What is the Lunar New Year some of you may ask? Chinese New Year, Lunar New Year, or Spring Festival is the most important of the traditional Chinese holidays. It is commonly called “Lunar New Year” because it is based on the lunisolar Chinese calendar. The festival traditionally begins on the first day of the first month (Chinese: 正月; pinyin: zhēng yuè) in the Chinese calendar and ends with Lantern Festival which is on the 15th day. Chinese New Year’s Eve is known as chú xī. It literally means “Year-pass Eve”.

Chinese New Year is the longest and most important festivity in the Chinese Lunar Calendar. The origin of Chinese New Year is itself centuries old and gains significance because of several myths and traditions. Ancient Chinese New Year is a reflection of how the people behaved and what they believed in the most.

2020 is the year of the Rat, and it is the first of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived at his party. The Rat tricked the Ox into giving him a ride. Then, just as they arrived at the finish line, Rat jumped down and landed ahead of Ox, becoming first.

The Rat is also associated with the Earthly Branch (地支—dì zhī) Zi (子) and the midnight hours. In terms of yin and yang (阴阳—yīn yáng), the Rat is yang and represents the beginning of a new day.

In Chinese culture, rats were seen as a sign of wealth and surplus. Because of their reproduction rate, married couples also prayed to them for children.

Comment

• Slatour71
      Slatour71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info. Interesting!

• HappySmurf
      HappySmurf commented
      Editing a comment
      Great information👏🏻👍🏻👏🏻☺️Thanks spelling bee🙏🏻🎉🏯⛩😀

• ChristineB
      ChristineB commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Spelling Bee! Great info 👍🏻 Much appreciated 💙💙💙

Uuuuuh, very exciting, another free gift....we are doing very well, and bug fixes yippee 👍👍👍🐙👏

Comment

I am really looking forward to what come the new devs up with. Maybe bongfish has created some of the content. And another free gift - this is really lovely. I have the Chinese New Year flag from 2013 in storage, thinking to place it in memory of this time.

hopefully the missing gift boxes from jokey and the missing colours for stardust will be back, also the glitch when you tap on craters, that you have to do it twice to get the window for the menu. MIAB isn‘t giving the reward bug, sandboxes giving no rewards after two were collected... and so on, i am really looking forward to this new update.
      Last edited by LightofFire; 01-03-2020, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• LightofFire
        LightofFire commented
        Editing a comment
        Spelling Bee

Hmm i’m not able to link you... why?!
        Last edited by LightofFire; 01-04-2020, 04:48 PM.

• skydiver118
        skydiver118 commented
        Editing a comment
        LightofFire
        Spelling Bee

After you type the name you do need to put in a space, so see if this works

• LightofFire
        LightofFire commented
        Editing a comment
        skydiver118 thank you... have never thought about it because without break after a word i do always so... in this case i only make the break not the space! Thanks for letting me know!

Awesome, can’t wait to see this update.

Comment

Totally love this! What a great way to start your first update Popreach! I have been waiting for CNY update for so long. I have no idea why previous developers doesn't make CNY theme update

Comment

I hope this will be added in this update.
          https://smurfsforums.popreach.com/fo...inese-new-year

Comment

• HappySmurf
            HappySmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            ...its wonderful🤩👏🏻⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• cosmickitten
            cosmickitten commented
            Editing a comment
            Sooooooo pretty 😍.

International themes are my favorite and obviously I’m super excited that the new community designed Gargamel costume was included with this update! I’m stumped about the mystery box rat, since we already have Ninja Rat, I’m going to have to revisit some classic smurf episodes hoping to remind me who it could be!

Comment

• debbles smurf
            debbles smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn't smurfette have a pet rodent

• Purple!
            Purple! commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, she had Squeaky, but he is in every area too, so if it is him it’s a second version of him as well.

• debbles smurf
            debbles smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            What if the rodent isn't a mouse or rat but some other type of rodent like a sqirrel. Didn't wild smurf have a companion squirrel

I love the idea of a CNY update, and the theme fits in so well with Island! 🧧

Comment

Ooh, wonderful idea! The Chinese New Year! Could we please have pandas, too? 🐼 I've been looking for them everywhere. That would be so cute!

Comment

Sounds great! My smurfs are happy to welcome
              Spoiler!
              to the Island. Thanks for another free gift!

Comment

I love the bunch of floating lanterns we get in the Village as a "Tourist Smurf" prize in Chilly's game - I hope something similar comes to the Island.

Comment

This all sounds so exciting! I love the CNY theme 🎎🎉🎐⛩🌸🐲🐀 I can’t Smurfy wait! - lol
                  Thanks Popreach! 💙💙💙

Comment

Oh my goodness, it all sounds great! Got a guess as to what the Wonder might be, and will be super stoked if correct:

Spoiler!

Looking very forward to the new, themed buildings and deco, too.

Comment

• asmurf
                      asmurf commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oh this would be great if it is true😄🐙

• cosmickitten
                      cosmickitten commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This was my guess too - it will be sooooo awesome if it’s true. And a Smurfy Wonder that moves about! Better start saving resources quick...

• yosinori saitou
                      yosinori saitou commented
                      Editing a comment
                      it would be a cool & great addition😍😍😍 hope your guess is right!!

...⛩🏯❤️😀👏🏻👍🏻☘️🐞 I'm looking forward to it ⛩🏯❤️🏯⛩...all sounds great👏🏻😀☘️🐞🏯⛩👏🏻

Comment

Working...
                    X