About Spelling Bee - please take a minute to read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Spelling Bee - please take a minute to read

It is with broken hearts and great sadness that we inform you that Bethany passed away due to an illness on Friday.
    As we all know, Bethany, also known as Spelling Bee, was the heart and soul of our Smurf’s community, who took care of our players with passion and love for many years.

We would like to express our deepest condolences to her husband, family and friends.

With endless gratitude and appreciation, rest in peace Bethany. You will be truly missed ❤️

PopReach

Thank you Cupcake for letting us know. This is such a sad day. While most never met her or even knew her real name, Miss Bee ran this forum with an iron fist clad in about 5 inches of soft velvet. Firm and friendly and unfailingly kind.
    I wish I had known her in real life.
    She kept this forum on an even keel through the dramatic highs and lows of the game and she was truly one of a kind.

My sincerest condolences to all who knew her.

Comment

This is indeed dreadful news. She has been very kind and helpful all this time. I have communicated with her in the early days of the game and worked with her in the earlier forums and is saddened by this news. We will all miss her presence in this community.

Comment

It breaks our heart to lose her in this difficult times. Just like others I really wonder of her absence this past weeks. This is not something I expected to hear. RIP Bethany. Thank you for everything you have done all this times. My deep condolences to her family

Comment

I’m terribly sorry to hear that . My condolences to you and her family. She recently contacted me, because she was busy solving my problem. Now I understand why I didn’t hear anything anymore. So sad...

Comment

i still can't believe it she's gone so suddenly. she's been always there in this forum since i joined here six years ago. she was a great forum administrator and has been doing great jobs for us. i remember forum members were worried when she didn't appear in the forum for a while sometimes. forum members including me relied on her for putting us together and making us behave good, taking care of this community, and sharing good laughs with us together sometimes. it's like child brothers and sisters rely on their mother for those things. now she's gone suddenly and i can never see her in here again. what a grief.

thanks Spelling Bee so much for having done so many great jobs for this forum. you were always a great administrator and i always trusted your managing skills and decisions in this community since i joined here six years ago.
            Last edited by yosinori saitou; 05-12-2020, 05:12 AM.

Comment

I am so so so so soooooooo sad ... and therefore I can only say a few true words about it, and my spirit does not want to believe that we have to say goodbye to our spelling bee filled with wisdom, fairness, kindness and love. My condolences also to her family ... thank you for this time with you here ... just thank you for everything❣️❣️❣️

Comment

This is the most sad, upsetting, and shocking news. Bethany was the Papa Smurf of this forum, and no matter the drama, she always knew the right thing to say. She was truly an incredible person, so thoughtful and considerate, and most of all she clearly loved the Smurfs and this community. She will be greatly missed.

Comment

Deeply, deeply sad: lovely, generous person with a great, sometimes impish sense of humour. Heartfelt condolences to her family and all who were lucky enough to know her in real life.

Comment

Bethany will always be in my heart. I can still remember the day we were introduced to each other, the 8th of November 2016. She made me immediately feel welcome and from then on we were of one heart and soul. She taught me so many things at work and together we achieved a lot, planned many contests, dealt with unsmurfy people and brainstormed weekly in our smurfy marketing calls. Not only that but we became friends very quickly. We talked every day on Skype. During work, after work, on weekends. Told each other of our worries, fears, what we love, what we hate, we even fought sometimes... She was like a sister to me and I am so lucky that she felt the same way about me. We wanted to visit each other soon and it breaks my heart that we never will now. I know that many people cherished Beth and I can easily understand why. She cared for everyone and you could also feel this so much in this smurfy community. Also, the whole Bongfish team is sending their condolences, they will all miss her so much and it’s hard to accept that Bethany is not with us anymore. Hugs to all of you

Comment

• tjrcx
                      tjrcx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very well said :/
                      I cherish our daily messages and weekly calls too... I also looked forward to meeting her in person one day as she just seemed to be the most positive, kind and selfless person on this smurfy planet.

• Twinkiepie
                      Twinkiepie commented
                      Editing a comment
                      tjrcx yes thank you so much for your message too, she's irreplaceable.

My condolences to her family and friends. This is terrible news and a very sad day indeed. May she Rest In Peace in the arms of the lord. You will be missed unconditionally.

Comment

Thank you Bethany for giving us so much of your time, grace and gentle humour. We were so very lucky to have you guiding this community. My sincere condolences to her family and friends. I hope that it is of some small comfort that there are many people around the world whose lives she gave a daily touch of brightness to. 💙

Comment

Ooh nooooo, I can’t believe this, my worst fears regarding her have been realised. I am so so sorry for her family and friends.
                        She was a lovely person and we have all loved her dearly, RIP Spelling Bee.

Comment

I'm really shocked and I'm so sorry for her family and friends.
                          She was a long time a fix part of this forum.

Comment

​​BethanyI and I met eight years ago when i was an admin over on My Smurfs' Village. We became fast friends

She was always kind and generous, and she loved the game and the people who played it. She was passionate in her pursuit of making the game enjoyable for everyone.

I am heartbroken and quite at a loss for words. I will miss our conversations.

​​​​​​​RIP, dear friend. 💜😪
                            ​​​

Comment

Working...
                            X