Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Announcement from PopReach and the Smurfs' Village Team

Hello everyone,

My name is Marina and I'm Head of Product Operations at PopReach.

On behalf of PopReach, I would like to take a moment to thank each and everyone of you for playing and being loyal to the game, but most important to each other.

We are especially glad to see a positive feedback on Spelling Bee's tribute and words can't express how happy we are to see that she will continue to live in your villages!

Approaching the game's 10th Anniversary, we would like to give you an update on the roadmap as to where we would like to take this game.

As most of you know, the code base of the game is quite outdated and has lived through numerous transitions.

At PopReach we all strongly believe in the game and have big plans for it in 2021 and onwards!

Thus, we are investing resources into porting this game to a new engine that will allow us to:
    • solve all of the existing known issues in the game
    • make it run faster and smoother
    • give us an opportunity to implement new and fun mini-games, events, locations, and many more.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Thank you again for playing, for openly sharing your suggestions and not holding back your frustrations. It all means a lot to us. And we do listen.

Special thank you to Cupcake and skydiver118 - you are the bridge and a strong community voice for us - your huge help and dedication are truly valued!

Big thank you to all our beta testers who are spending their weekends to help us deliver the best experience possible with every update.

Endless gratefulness and eternal memory fly to Spelling Bee!

Yours truly,
    PopReach Team

Thank you to your entire team for making this tribute to Spelling Bee come true, it is very cool, congratulations.
    Although I am new to the forum, I have been playing for almost 8 years, in which due to the same failures, I ended up uninstalling it and well it was a cycle, but from you, it has improved a lot in my opinion, I had never bought anything for any I play, but you guys have done such a fabulous job that I'm good at buying items now.
    It is wonderful to read the news you give us! you will see smurfs for many years to come, really thanks! a big hug to your entire team and what you do for users is highly valued.
    cheers smurfs

Comment

Wow, thanks for the update, this sounds great! Thank you so much for letting us know what is planned for the future!

Comment

Thank you sincerely for the Spelling Bee Smurf. Itโ€™s just lovely and such a fantastic thing for you guys to do.

Hereโ€™s to a hopeful and fun future for our villages.

Comment

I canโ€™t thank you guys enough for our Spelling Bee Smurf, it means more than words can ever say๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™

I too want to give a huge shout out and thank you so much to Cupcake and skydiver118 for keeping this community together through such trying times - you guys are true superstarsโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸโญ๏ธ๐ŸŒŸ

Looking forward to these big and exciting changes for 2021!!๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Comment

This is very exciting! Thanks for such an amazing game!

Comment

We appreciate you taking the time to keep us updated on future plans, itโ€™s great to know how committed PopReach is to the future of the game. And a huge shout out to everyone who was involved with developing the Spelling Bee tribute, itโ€™s so perfect on so many levels. Thank You. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ

Comment

So impressed that youโ€™re all working so hard to keep this wonderful game going and to fix things. Itโ€™s always been a bit nervy to play, dreading inviting in corruption and wondering if all the hard work and expense would suddenly vanish. This game has been a major part of keeping me sane during the current climate and a precious outlet for creativity. The forum provides a global link with a wonderful community and itโ€™s so nice to see how valued your members are, especially with this touching tribute to Spelling Bee. Thank you for keeping us informed and thank you for deciding that us Smurfy fans are worth the effort. And a big shout to Cupcake and Skydiver118 for keeping us in the loop and helping us on our way. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Comment

That sounds very good! But when I see how badly innovations like this Fire-Sale work, I get scared and worry about our smurfsโ€™ village!

Comment

hello marina thanks for the info that sounds very good I am looking forward to further uptades and again a special thanks to the so dear well designed trubite by Spelling Bee and thank you to cupacke and Skydriver for their help in the forum and all others
                    ๐Ÿฆฅ Smurfs greetings Schlumpfin mc smurfy
                    ๐Ÿฑ

Comment

I was just talking to my wife about how this game is limited to itโ€™s original software so I am excited to see there are plans in place for a new engine. I wasnโ€™t sure how Popreach was approaching this game so this is welcome news. I have been playing this game for over six years and I plan on continuing as long as you keep sending updates! I have spent a lot of money on the game but my brother has spent an equal amount on gaming consoles and games and I have a lovely village to show for it.

The tribute to Spelling Bee was very touching. Thank you very much for that, and I look forward to seeing what else you do in the future!

Comment

Thank you so much for your great support and especially for listening to the wishes of the players. The tribute to Spelling Bee is wonderful. ๐Ÿ–ค

Comment

Thank you, Marina PopReach. for this news bulletin, and yes, we are endlessly grateful to Cupcake. and skydiver118. for all they do. Thanking you for all your efforts in this difficult year, and looking forward to the New Year with you!

Comment

Thank you so much.....we all love the game so really appreciate it

Comment

PopReach Thank you for the info. I am looking forward to the future of the game. I've been playing 9 years or so.

I was wondering if with the new interface the friend/gifting system will also be updated and hopefully simplified. The current gifting system has some pretty big drawbacks and players have asked for features that don't currently exist.

1) The time it takes to gift each friend is about 1-2 minutes, most of which is spent waiting for the friend's village to load and returning to the list of friends. The huge time sink makes it impractical to gift many friends. The way the list loads also makes it impractical to grow one's friend list and gift more than a few friends. I find myself turning away friends and keeping my list to no more than 20, way down from 140 at one time.

2) Players have asked for the ability to gift the same resource or items to multiple players in one action, kind of like the way email works. It would save time and allow us to gift more friends in less time

3) players have asked for the ability to see on the friend listing if a player has not updated to the latest version. Currently, there is no indicator and we only find out after we enter the friend's village at the time we attempt to leave a gift.

4) players have also asked for the ability to sort the list alphabetically. This function does not currently exist.
                              โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                              5) Players have also asked for the ability to indicate which gifts they prefer to receive and for that preference to be shown on the friend listing so we don't have to search the player's village for a signpost. Players are using abbreviations in their username, but we run out of characters if our nanes are long like mine is.

I'm sure I've forgotten something. Not knowing if improving the friend and gifting system was something PopReach has on their radar, I wanted to give a few highlights.
                              โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                              Thank you for all you're doing to keep the game strong for years to come.
                              โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹
                              Last edited by Schtroumpfette; 11-01-2020, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• IslandLife
                                IslandLife commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Agree Schtroumpfette . Friends, gifting and just generally getting inspiration from other villages are such a big positive in this game.

• Phil Teo
                                Phil Teo commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I second the very first point!!!! It totally puts me off when gifting friends, having to wait so long just to gift 1 friend! The worst part is, half the time, after waiting, the game crashes and I have to re-enter the game again! I too have been playing the game since its inception and have been faithfully following each update and compiling all the information for each update in my own little file since 2010! I am truly excited to see what is in store for the game next year!
                            Working...
                            X