Game Center restart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Center restart

Has anyone, who refuses to use facebook, and played Smurf's Village through the Game Center, had any problems accessing it ,since Easter update?

Why do you need to restart the Smurf Village game to use the Game Center? When you try to use your game center friends you are asked to restart the game. What happened?

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t- see below.

• Warner 12
      Warner 12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Cupcake. I have tried to slide the Game Center toggle to on but it will not shift and keeps giving me the message "Game Center options have changed. Please restart the game to apply the changes."

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      I do not know why this is happening. Ever since Apple decided not to support Game Center and told all the developers to make their own systems, then all of a sudden decided to support it again, things have been a little odd. The best thing to do is to contact Customer Support by clicking this link: https://smurfs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I will try to find out more. My colleague suspects that GC has changed something...

Personally, I stopped using GC after Apple deserted it, and have turned it off in my game. I found all my active (former) GC friends again through the PopReach servers (the Smurfy ID) and my game seems to get a lot less confused- no more ‘which village do you want to choose’ messages!
      Last edited by Cupcake; 03-26-2021, 01:25 PM.

The best way to access the game is directly through the Smurfs’ Village app on your device, where you can link it to Game Center. When it says restart the game, it just means close and reopen your game- you don’t have to start it over. Make sure Game Center is turned on both on your device and in your Smurfs’ Village settings!

From now on, please try not to open more than one topic for a similar question. Thanks!
    Last edited by Cupcake; 03-26-2021, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Warner, I think GC did change things! These two screens just popped up when I tried to open Smurfs’ Village!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5943CB9F-A1B5-4B2C-802E-3A1E418918F7.png
Views:	127
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	272334

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAFB01F8-837C-4897-AB15-6A6C6C57799E.png
Views:	97
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	272335

Comment

This is a long shot. I know that iOS14.4 I think just came out (maybe 14,5, whatever), anyway, when I installed it it automatically signed me into Game Center even though I had previously turned that off.

So on your ipad try to go into the settings, Game Center, and sign out then turn it off. See if that helps you get your smurfs open, then you can disable Game Center in the game if you wish.

Apple has this really bad habit, if you’ve disabled something when you install an update they tend to turn stuff back on/enable stuff you’ve already turned off (guess they think if you keep having to sign out/turn off eventually you’ll end up using what they want you to use. Quite annoying.

Comment

Working...
        X