Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get ready for Detective Smurf in the next update!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get ready for Detective Smurf in the next update!

The update is almost here! Get ready~

Get ready for the Mystical Great Oak wonder! Coming soon to Smurfs' Village.

Eager for the next update? Detective Smurf is on the case! Coming soon to Smurfs' Village

Maybe Main village?

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      HI Injoong. Detective Smurf is for the Main Village.

Whoa, another new smurf? When? We need more info. I am not a big fan of mini games, but ..... I am sure I'll get it. I am a sucker for new smurfs.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      More info will be added soon Eva. :P

New mini-game featuring 2 new smurf...for now we will start the mini-game by tracking down the release date...we need more clues for this, Spelling Bee 😄

Comment

Ok, Beeline where are you coming up with this Smurf?! Detective Smurf? How have you skipped past some of the more important Smurfs to give this guy an update? Is he really part of the Smurf canon?

I'll believe it when I see it, because I'm having a super hard time finding any information on Detective Smurf. At first glance this teaser image just looks like a really bad episode of PBS's The Bloodhound Gang.

Gosh, I love the updates, and they can't come fast enough for me, but this Smurf is a stretch, and another mini-game?! Didn't we just get Smurfette's Magic Match?! Please let this mini-game be like Pirate Smurf and Lucky Smurf which are about the only two mini-games I can stomach, at the very least tell me that it gives non resource prizes!

This first teaser image really is not making me excited, and the bold font promising yet another mind numbing mini-game doesn't help! Post some official images from Peyo Studios of Detective Smurf, and I'll try to gain some enthusiasm.

And what ever happened to a good old fashioned blue and white Smurf?! When was the last time we got one of those? Remember the good old days when all the Smurfs looked alike? Does every new Smurf have to have a head to toe ridiculous costume?! This Smurf looks like he went wardrobe shopping with Mcgruff the Crime Dog!

I'm really hoping the best is yet to come with this next update! So far the promise of a new mini-game isn't winning me over.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Easy there Purple lol. I promise you'll like the update. Hang in there, there are still more teasers and more things yet announced that will make you happy.

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm calming down now, I'm just a little worried that these Smurf and how Beeline has introduced them, break with Peyo's vision, and of course the addition of a new mini game just sent me over the top! I'll try to be on my best behavior going forward, the last few updates have been pretty great, I try to be more optimistic and positive about this one.

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        I know Purple. There is a new teaser coming today that will cheer you up.

It sound so strange to have a thief in the smurf village
      Anyway, as always I will welcome any new smurf

Comment

A thief? I mean, okay, many of us asked for a villain but I think, this is not exactly what we want to see... I am curious what else is about to come and normaly I get super duper excited especially when a new smurf makes his entrance. But now I am just meh. Where is this smurf going to be? I wasn't really sure about caveman either and it turned out to be one of my favourite updates ever so maybe there is a surprise waiting for us

Comment

• Purple!
          Purple! commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally appreciate your comments Vanita! You hit the nail on the head! Thief Smurf was in the comics, but it was just Jokey Smurf in disguise when he was captured and forced to be a thief by some evil humans. He was eventually rescued by the other Smurfs and did not take up the profession as a career!

• Evabevasmurf
          Evabevasmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          Good point, Vanita. And Purple is right, as usual. There is no need for any smurf to become a thief except if forced to do so by outside forces. It is a bit jarring to think of my village having a thief in it. But all we can do is wait and see what Beeline comes up with.

Sounds like Clumsys Mini-game ... but ... I don't get how a Smurf becomes a thief? I should read more comics and watch more cartoons, but a ThiefSmurf seems wrong with me. I looking forward for it, because I like detectives stories and am a big Ms Marple and Sherlock fan myself. and I really hope he's coming to the MV!

Comment

• Purple!
          Purple! commented
          Editing a comment
          This is the comic where Jokey is forced to become Thief Smurf. The humans that capture him threaten to kill a captured mouse if he does not cooperate. He did not enjoy it and left them notes to the people he stole from, letting them know he was forced to do it to save the life of the mouse. The teaser image makes it look like a theif that is enjoying his job a little too much. Jokey did not become a professional theif. This update looks out of canon for the Peyo vision of the Smurfs.

• cosmickitten
          cosmickitten commented
          Editing a comment
          This is The Jewel Smurfer story where Jokey gets captured and is forced to become a jewel thief. That's Jokey dressed up. Wonder if Beeline will incorporate this somehow in the update? Perhaps Jokey will get a change of outfit like Smurfette! There's no Detective in that story tho. We will have to wait and see what Beeline have in store I guess but detectives and thieves don't strike me as very smurfy...

• Tenny
          Tenny commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, 100th. I will try to find this comic. Sounds like a really interesting story and I always like a good crime story :-)
          And maybe ... a teaser pic can't tell everything ... maybe we have to help to save the little mouse, too.
          I am not sure, but wasn't there an idea thread about an Detective Smurf or so?

Notice that the thief on the comic is not happy and is sweating bullets- he's afraid and knows that he is doing wrong! The thief in the teaser image is happy with what he is doing and thinks he will get away with it! I am worried about the message this sends without a comic or cartoon to give it a larger context. Almost all Peyo's stories had a moral, a message about helping each other, working as a team, or telling right from wrong. How does a perky, permanent Thief Smurf fit that? To say nothing of a Dectective Smurf... why do you need a detective in a Smurfy society where there is no crime? Mischief sometimes, but no real crime. I don't understand.

I'll reserve judgement until we know more, but I am not overly optimistic given the "happy Thief" teaser image. Sorry for the rant, but why make thievery cute?
        Last edited by Cupcake; 07-31-2014, 06:21 AM.

Comment

The idea of putting thief smurf in the game is so different and unexpected, i think it's gonna turn out to be a fun update.

I'm curious abt the mini game,maybe we put clues together to find thief smurf? I don't know but i am excited abt what's to come and hope for more surprises to be revealed soon.

After i saw the picture i was happy to see two different smurfs and it made me get a huge smile on my face at the thought of a bad smurf and how cute thief smurf looks in that getup lol

Comment

Thief Smurf? I thought the art of stealing is only Gargamel's expertise? Could this be the work of Gargamel casting nasty spells on the smurf?😱

Comment

• Cupcake
              Cupcake commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope so, but because it is a permanent mini-game, I'm not optimistic; that's a lot of spell-casting!

Hmmm... I agree with Cupcake, smurfs should stay innocent. Like pointed out each story had a moral in it eventually turning out being good. But as we don't have any more info yet I'll wait with my final judgement. Not a fan of minigames so the outcome better be good! And I do hope this time some aren't left out due to timezone issues!

As for detective smurf he could be handy to relocate our missing items and missing SB's from reporter 😎!! He might even search for Gargamel! Wonder where it will be located? Most logical would be MV but there's NO room there!

Comment

I'm 100% out of room in my main village. I hope these little guys will land on our mountain! Not much is going on over there...

Comment

Thanks for the teaser image Spelling Bee.

I will wait and see what else this entails. Btw, any chance this update will include fall items? It will soon be upon us and the Smurfs too.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                  Spelling Bee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi Cindy. No new fall items in this update. Still a tad bit too early for that. :P

• CindySmurf
                  CindySmurf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Spelling Bee. I'm just getting my village ready for pumpkins and stuff.

Hmm i think this fits only in main village! But the cowboy update was for the MV and caveman for the island... Maybe the mountain is in row now.. But he wouldn't fit in nicely.. I'm afraid he will stole from king's chest... I'm surprised about choosing two absolutely unknown smurfs... But as others have said, i'll wait and see!

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                  Spelling Bee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You are right Light. Detective is for the Main Village.
              Working...
              X