Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Opened a Mega Mystery Box and received a question mark in the center slot reserved for the Exclusive Offer reward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Opened a Mega Mystery Box and received a question mark in the center slot reserved for the Exclusive Offer reward

I got this question mark from Mega Mystery Box. Please fix this thing. We are guaranteed to receive EOs from the box.

This is what chocolatefruitnut reported before.
    http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/mai...994#post185994

Comment

Silver this is what happens when you receive an item that cannot be placed in the area where you won it. If you check your Mystery Box menu the item will be there

This happened to me recently when I won Genie Meanie on the Planet.

Last edited by AlleycatttSmurf; 12-16-2017, 06:43 AM.

Comment

But when we receive Black Knight (which can only be placed on mountain), it still shows the picture. I don't know what the question mark gives since I opened several boxes together. This is at main village though where almost everything can be placed.
        Last edited by Silver; 12-16-2017, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
          But when we receive Black Knight (which can only be placed on mountain), it still shows the picture. I don't know what the question mark gives since I opened several boxes together. This is at main village though where almost everything can be placed.
          Silver This all comes down to how the game's code was designed so that in order to save space, some items are unique to certain areas and others are not. If every item could be placed in every area, then each area would have to load all of that item data into the game's memory and it would become impossible to play. When the Mega Mystery Box was first added, it would always briefly show you the art asset for the items that were won, no matter which area they could or couldn't be placed into (the Black Knight in your example). As more and more items were added to the game, some items that could only be placed in certain areas had no image at all when you would win them from the Mega Mystery Box (this is what chocolatefruitnut experienced). This incorrectly gave the appearance that you won nothing, but your reward was still placed into the Game Master Reward Storage.

In an effort to improve the issue, it looks like Bongfish has instead used the generic question mark to denote that yes you've won something, but you'll have to check your Reward Storage to see exactly what. New items that you've won are typically always placed at the top of the list, so unless it was something you already had won previously, you should be able to see it by traveling around to different areas and checking your Reward Storage.

It's not an ideal solution mind you, but at least it's better than what was there before.. which was nothing.

Comment

If that the case perhaps Bongfish could simply put the text there (without the art) to avoid confusion

Comment

When I go to open my box everything is all black. Only see a smurfberri ,time and how many keys I have.
              Attached Files

Comment

I finally found out that it's Monty Bird

Comment

I played the mystery box this morning and in one of my three boxes. I got a big question!!!!
                  Any one know what is up with that? Thanks ern57 😊

Comment

It means the object isn't available in the area that you opened the box in. http://forums.bongfish.com/forum/mai...e-offer-reward

Comment

And I was already scared that something is ruining me

Comment

I pay my sixty red berries. Then, the magic box opens and I get two question marks. Is there a prize somewhere or did I just waste sixty berries?

Comment

• Cupcake
                          Cupcake commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Welcome to the forum! Please read post #3 here- it will answer your question.

We are very happy to see you here on the forum, and in the future, you can use the Search function in the upper left corner of the forum so you can post things pertaining to that issue or find answers to your questions more quickly in an existing topic, rather than starting a new one. It oftens helps to change the search to “Relevance” rather than “Last Update”.in this case I searched ‘Mega Mystery’, changed the search term to Relevance, and found this topic!
                      Working...
                      X