Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Unable to collect rewards after watching certain Advertisements with Traveler's Caravan and the Video Hut in versions 1.56.0 - 1.58.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Unable to collect rewards after watching certain Advertisements with Traveler's Caravan and the Video Hut in versions 1.56.0 - 1.58.0

Is anyone else having this issue? I have to shut down app and restart game, but the McDonald's one seems to be the only ad going on today.

It finally worked this time (of course 🤣), but it’s one of those that I had to tap play about 10 times. That may be the design of the ad, but I wish it would keep freezing up. Maybe Wi-Fi issues.

I was only able to watch it once. Freezing up again.
    Last edited by Nestof3; 01-21-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

It’s still going on. The caravan ads rarely work. Mine always seems to be the McDonalds one. My friend’s caravan keeps trying to play an ad about IBS and has the same problem. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comment

Nestof3 If you can get a couple of screenshots of any advertisements that prove to be problematic, that would help a great deal. Also, the IBS (Linzess) Ad is one that Bongfish has contacted their Ad partner about. Hopefully it will be removed soon.

Comment

Most of the time the play button just keeps coming up, but I’m not able to finish playing before the close screen appears. Even when the entire video plays, I’m never offered a card to choose from.

Comment

The IBS ad usually works for me, but not for my friend.

Comment

I’m having issues with the yahoo mail ad. Sometimes no matter how careful I am to tap on the dismiss X in the upper left corner it takes me to the app store to download the app....but you can’t get out of that. If you try to go back to the game, tap on the ‘smurfs’ link it takes you back to a full page ad for the app and there is no way out. You have to force quit the game and reboot it from the blue screen to get back to your game, so not only is it annoying but you also lose your chance to choose a prize. And this will happen several times in a row.

I’ve even used a stylus to carefully only tap on the X and it still takes me to the app store.

Comment

I am having the same issue with the caravan ads. They rarely play and my game freezes up on the loading screen. I have to keep closing it and restarting the game. Its very frustrating. I have been having this issue for about 4 days now.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                  Spelling Bee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Princess Allura Thanks for sharing your issue here on the Forum. Which device are you currently using and which OS version does it have installed? If your entire game is having issues when loading, then there may be other problems going on in addition to the ones you are having with the advertisements.

It keeps repeating this Disney ad, and the 4 cards never come up

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                  Spelling Bee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Stroumpfette Thanks for reporting the advertisement.... Disney and zombies.. ooookay... lol.

This is the only ad that's been in my video hut today and it doesn't give SB bits.

Comment

Spelling Bee I'm on Android. I noticed the issue with video hut as Well. I am on the Valentine update, but I had this issue since before that. I hoped doing the update would fix it.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                    Spelling Bee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Princess Allura Thanks for the info! Just exactly which Android device are you using (Brand and model etc.).

Spelling Bee, this morning from my device, it appears that the problem is fixed. The zombie ad is no longer playing, and the four cards apoear after tapping the button to exit or go back.

Comment

Spelling Bee lol sorry. I'm using LG g6.

Comment

Spelling Bee, the Zombie ad has returned to both the video hut and caravan and so has the problem of no rewards or cards.

Comment

• Evanna
                        Evanna commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Spelling Bee
                        Speaking of ads hard to believe: There is one that's anime style and ends on a pic of a guy looming over/pressing himself onto a helpless looking young woman and he has a speech bubble along the lines of 'I'll eat you up, little one'. And another anime one where you are asked to help a cop or a girl and both are young women with breasts larger than their own head and Speech bubbles saying, I quote, 'Master, help me to catch that bad girl!' and 'Handsome, help me get rid of the cop!'. As a kid, that certainly wasn't the kind of anime I wasn into... (Neither at any later point in time, but that's besides the point.)
                        I don't have the newest update though, so those ads might be gone now.

• Schtroumpfette
                        Schtroumpfette commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thank you, Spelling Bee. Evanna, I have not seen that one.

• Schtroumpfette
                        Schtroumpfette commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The ads seem to be functioning today.

Spelling Bee As of ten minutes ago, I'm getting the endless "Please wait" circle and no videos. Please help.

Comment

• Pachemz
                        Pachemz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Me too. For me it started again last night.

• Schtroumpfette
                        Schtroumpfette commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Pachemz, thanks. It's a weird cycle the way it comes and goes. I'm sorry I missed tagging you on the Valentine's Day giveaway. I knew I omitted someone. <3
                    Working...
                    X