Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Recently made progress has been reset and I've lost items that I've placed and my countdown timers are being affected as well!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Recently made progress has been reset and I've lost items that I've placed and my countdown timers are being affected as well!

Over the weekend my game appears to have been corrupted. It started when I noticed a recently placed smurfy wonder was missing. At that point I recovered my village back to 24 hours, did the wonder again and things appeared fine. I then bought some berries and continued my game. The next night I spent hours redecorating the village. I went to the mountain and planet and came back to the main village and all of the stuff I added was gone and the stuff I had was moved back to his original spot.

The next day I harvested crops and collected xp from all of my areas. I went back into the game a few mins later and the crops were back and so was the XP. And I lost an item I won with a mini-game. Did I not recover far enough back? I don’t want to play if I will end up having to recover further back. I also don’t want to recover and then find out I didn’t need too. I play on a new iPad, so I know that's not it.

There is a persistent issue with the game losing time. I’ve experienced it several times on my mini 4.

I would suggest that you let your game be...by that I mean don't’ plant crops, don't’ play mini games. Don’t spend any money on the game. Don’t rearrange anything. That way if you have to recover back further you won’t lose anything but some XP. This bug has been around for at least a few weeks and who knows when they can fix it.

I’ve found that I tend to lose time when I harvest stardust from craters. Sometimes the box doesn’t come up and when that happens I lose a few to several hours.

Comment

Originally posted by skydiver118 View Post
      THere is a persistent issue with the game losing time. I’ve experienced it several times on my mini 4.

I would suggest that you let your game be...by that I mean don't’ plant crops, don't’ play mini games. Don’t spend any money on the game. Don’t rearrange anything. That way if you have to recover back further you won’t lose anything but some XP. This bug has been around for at least a few weeks and who knows when they can fix it.

I’ve found that I tend to lose time when I harvest stardust. Sometimes the box doesn’t come up and when that happens I lose a few to several hours.
      Thank you for the response. I hate not playing. It’s how I relax. Did you put a ticket in ?

Comment

And did you use the recover feature before this happened to you? I could swear I read on FB it was associated with recovering. I can’t find it now tho

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn’t recover. All I lost was some crop credit. I did turn in a ticket but it was the week of the changeover and I’m not sure it went through (it went to a white screen). If it did go through then no, no response. It is what it is. There’s nothing that I bought that they can reimburse me for because I didn’t buy anything. I can’t prove how many berries I may have lost or how much XP I may have lost so I wasn’t worried about it.

I don’t buy many things, I don’t decorate so nothing they could reimburse me for.

I also have experienced going back in time everywhere but in the MV. I still play, but I do a manual cloud save very frequently, and it seems to help. I also have stopped collecting from the craters, so maybe that makes a difference, even though I did not have the same problem as skydiver118.

I have not recovered my game (as going-back-in-time is a known bug) but I think that you were right to do so, as missing a Wonder (or anything else) is usually a sign of corruption, and would not be part of the going-back-in-time bug.

Comment

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cupcake
          I haven’t experienced it anywhere else. I do have the screen freezes, especially on my mini 4. I usually have to exit the game to get out of that.

My speculation: I seem to recall, in collecting craters, we used to be able to tap anywhere to collect the craters. Recently it changed that we must tap in the white box containing the gift box. It seems to me that the issues came with that change. I do think that change came with the new UI.

My arm chair spec on the micro freezes is that your finger lingers just a fraction of a second too long on an item, not long enough to trigger the ‘hold to move’ code, but close enough to that that the game gets lost and forgets what to do and gets hung up and a forced reboot is the only way out of it.

On my two ipad games I do put off collecting stardust because I have plenty to build things. The problem with my ipod is that I do need that stardust. I’ve completed all my cheaper wonders and am down to the ones with the new higher resource totals....which I have discovered is impossible to keep up with in the game....a long way of saying, on my ipod, my game is essentially at a standstill if I can’t harvest stardust.

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          skydiver118 I gave up on building all the Wonders years ago- I only build the ones that I really want. Since the back-in-time issue, I only get my stardust from other activities, and it is a slow process.

• skydiver118
          skydiver118 commented
          Editing a comment
          Cupcake
          On my ipod I was trying to see how much I could accomplish without spending money. (And to verify amounts for my lists)
          I was doing ok building a wonder a week or so and being able to get the resources to accomplish that.
          Until I got to the ones with the current demands, starting with 700 wood, 700 stone, etc. Once I got to those I’ve found myself unable to keep up earning enough resources to build a wonder a week. I’ve maxed out my diving smurfs and do what I can to get the resources.

I do know this is a game I will eventually abandon. Since I have spent no money and have done much of my research it’s now an extra game.

Originally posted by Cupcake View Post
        I also have experienced going back in time everywhere but in the MV. I still play, but I do a manual cloud save very frequently, and it seems to help. I also have stopped collecting from the craters, so maybe that makes a difference, even though I did not have the same problem as skydiver118.

I have not recovered my game (as going-back-in-time is a known bug) but I think that you were right to do so, as missing a Wonder (or anything else) is usually a sign of corruption, and would not be part of the going-back-in-time bug.
        Thanks for the info. I will start doing more cloud saves. Hopefully that helps as I need stardust.

Comment

I think the large time losses are very much related to errant collections of stardust and related to the freezing that occurs often when moving/zooming/minimizing near the bottom of an area. They must be due to game coding errors when a user does something unexpected and the game sort of resets itself.

It appears that the 10-15 minutes lost per day (in minute increments) in the village and island areas are related to popup offers for EOs (which would explain the increase in the slow time loss per day due to every 2 hour offers happening more frequently now) and are related to the entry screen slow loading and popups. I lose more slow time loss when I leave and reenter the game several times a day and when the special EO offerings are occurring.

Comment

Yesterday I bought 6 roller coasters and 2 bumper cars for the grove and this morning all roller coasters and 1 bumper car were gone. As soon as Apple has sent the receipts I will open a ticket.

Comment

I didn’t collect craters for a week, so it seems the problem not necessarily connected to it.
              Experienced the freezing problem several times, then lost 3 hours of progress in the grove with getting back in time...

Comment

Working...
              X