Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Suddenly started experiencing PopReach sever connectivity issues starting on Saturday, March 21st 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Suddenly started experiencing PopReach sever connectivity issues starting on Saturday, March 21st 2020

Since the bug fix, several of us have had various problems that may indicate that we are having intermittent problems connecting to PopReach’s servers. I have had problems doing manual saves, previewing saves and, when I can preview, loading saves. All these things are necessary to keep from losing progress, and to back-up my game.

Also, I am getting the message below (see first pic). I have a strong wifi connection, so I very strongly suspect that it is a PopReach server problem. The message is disturbing because I have not been connected to Game Center for years, as it is no longer supported.

When I had more problems tonight, I went into settings on my iPhone and noticed that my Smurfy ID was turned off! I certainly didn’t turn it off, and when I tried to turn it on, I got an error message (see second pic.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	6BBE48FB-2D23-4781-A41A-6B1E3B8F9434.png Views:	0 Size:	247.6 KB ID:	256765

Click image for larger version  Name:	A7F7A453-C14E-4A3A-80F7-D989FE18D8B8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.3 KB ID:	256766

I am not the only one having connectivity problems- see the posts under #38 in the bug fix topic: https://smurfsforums.popreach.com/fo...e-for-download

Last edited by Cupcake; 03-21-2020, 05:12 PM.

Any VIPs had a problem with postman? On one of my ipads if I tapped on him it told me that my village was not online - which it was. Rebooted the game, got the same message, force quit the game and rebooted my device and got the ‘two villages are different’ warning.

I’m honestly afraid to test postman again. It worked ok on my other VIP game.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake so.....problem with Popreach’s servers?

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 and ChristalWest Hi again! When I had more problems tonight, I went into settings on my iPhone and noticed that my Smurfy ID was turned off! I certainly didn’t turn it off, and when I tried to turn it on, I got an error message. I am wondering if it turns itself off from time to time since the bugfix. Would you go into your settings and see if it is turned on, and if you have problems again, see if it has turned itself off?

Thanks!

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 and ChristalWest Hi again! When I had more problems tonight, I went into settings on my iPhone and noticed that my Smurfy ID was turned off! I certainly didn’t turn it off, and when I tried to turn it on, I got an error message. I am wondering if it turns itself off from time to time since the bugfix. Would you go into your settings and see if it is turned on, and if you have problems again, see if it has turned itself off?

Thanks!

Cupcake
    Smurf ID is on on both my devices, Game Center is on on one and off on the other. I prefer to have it off but I’ve had issues in the past where even though I turn Game Center off the game still tries to access it or tosses a fit on start up so I’ve surrendered to needing it on just to keep the game happy.

Comment

Update: Issues continue. Gifted two people and then received the following screen. When going to the login screen, got the same error message as above.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A3BB6042-2DEE-4C5E-AAAE-B6B7F1F9A2C4.jpeg
Views:	248
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	256806

​​​​​​​

Comment

• HappySmurf
        HappySmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I've had exactly the same problem now...🥺😯

i got an another message. i checked my Wi-fi and it's okay.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7B73B9B0-1A0A-4C44-8D69-4218E3F397A6.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	256816

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I’ve been getting this one, too!

• Dnor1972
        Dnor1972 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m getting this message as well.

• HappySmurf
        HappySmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes me too...😨

Hi everyone. The PopReach Team is aware and is investigating.

Originally posted by "PopReach"
      ‼️Important Developer Update regarding PopReach server connectivity issues currently affecting Smurfs' Village.

👍First, we'd like to say thank you to everyone who has reported this issue. We greatly appreciate it and we have begun our investigation. The affected portions of the game are those that require a connection to our servers such as Postman Smurf, Smurf ID Login, Cloud Saves and Visiting/Gifting friends.

🛑It is important to also remain calm and not panic. As long as you have made a successful Smurf ID Cloud Save prior to this, your progress is safe on our servers.

🔎 Initial impressions are that it does appear to just be a client connectivity issue between the game and our servers after installing the most recent update. We hope to have it fixed very soon and will announce more information soon.

⚠️Additionally, we STRONGLY recommend that you never uninstall your Smurfs' Village app from your device, no matter what the issue is. Doing so without a verified Smurf ID Cloud Save backup will result in the permanent loss of your village progress.

The PopReach Team

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Yay, PopReach!

From the Facebook group:

Important Developer Update regarding PopReach server connectivity issues currently affecting Smurfs' Village.

👍First we'd like to say thank you to everyone who has reported this issue. We greatly appreciate it and we have begun our investigation. The affected portions of the game are those that require a connection to our servers such as Postman Smurf, Smurf ID Login, Cloud Saves, and Visiting/Gifting friends.

🛑It is important to also remain calm, and to not panic. As long as you have made a successful Smurf ID Cloud Save prior to this, your progress is save on our servers.

🔎 Initial impressions are that it does appear to just be a client connectivity issue between the game and our servers after installing the most recent update. We hope to have it fixed very soon and will announce more information soon.

⚠️Additionally, we STRONGLY recommend that you never uninstall your Smurfs' Village app from your device, no matter what the issue is. Doing so without a verfied Smurf ID Cloud Save backup will result in the permanent loss of your village progress.

The PopReach Team

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Skydiver!

This morning I am having the internet connection problem. Is this intermittent or not fully resolved?

Comment

• Smurfy102
        Smurfy102 commented
        Editing a comment
        And it is working again!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        It is not resolved as there hadn’t been a full release since the problem started occurring. Smurfy102 Mine still won’t work... 🤷‍♀️

• Smurfy102
        Smurfy102 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cupcake thanks for the response. I thought that the bug-fix addressed it. But I admit I didn’t read the description. Just went by FB posts, etc. Hope they are able to resolve it. I am having no issues today. Was able to gift everyone that can receive gifts.

So I think PopReach has already addressed this as being a server side issue, but is It possible that it’s an issue with broadband and people’s individual wifi due to the current global conditions? Is it possible that so many more people being online due to isolation and lockdowns is causing us players to have issues with connecting our games to wifi?

I only ask because I am definitely having issues using my wifi and data during certain times of the day. And I have had the game say it won’t connect, or crash during trying to cloud save, but then if I wait a few hours and try again it works.

Comment

• Teddybear 04
        Teddybear 04 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the same problem and am on a strong wifi.

• AlleycatttSmurf
        AlleycatttSmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Teddybear 04 They’ve announced via FB (and I think Skydiver posted the link on the Forum as well), that the issue is indeed on the server side as Cupcake suggested. The problem is the much higher volume of player traffic at once due to more people being online/at home etc. Basically when we can’t get the cloud save etc to work we should just try again later. The problem will eventually go away when this global nightmare is over.

• FaryalSia
        FaryalSia commented
        Editing a comment
        oh I read this subthread a little late 😝 thank you AlleycatttSmurf

Hi dear smurfy community! I’ve missed you so! I’ve been playing again and was happy to see everything working in good order. But today I’ve had the issues above: the game telling me I’m not connected when all of my other apps are able to connect to the internet fine. Is the issue intermittent?

Comment

• FaryalSia
        FaryalSia commented
        Editing a comment
        Never mind 😋 I misread above thinking the issue had been resolved.

Has Popreach resolved this issue? I tried to login my Smurfy ID but it keeps saying my password is wrong. Should I click on the 'Forgot login'? Or wait for issue to be resolved by Popreach?

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        You have to reset your password, Phil..

I ran the bug fix yesterday and now all my friends are gone. I checked my Smurf ID and it’s on but I’m getting an error saying there is no internet connection. This is not the case as Reporter Smurf is working fine and all other applications on my device are connected without issue. Click image for larger version

Name:	CBD460A0-B14A-49E2-9695-1BB7E0B65A6B.png
Views:	99
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	257715Click image for larger version

Name:	2C68C8FE-F18B-49EA-A564-AFEACE1119A7.png
Views:	132
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	257714

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        This is an ongoing problem since before this update. It is a good idea to check and read previous topics before starting a new one, so you can see if similar things are happening to others...

This is still happening periodically even after the most recent update.

Comment

Working...
      X