Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappearing items, reappearing items, missing village areas, and game corruption.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    Let’s take this to a private (PM) conversation, Pandemonium.

• Pandemonium
    commented on 's reply
    I was thinking about starting from level one, but last time my save got corrupted Bongfish boosted my village in levels and they gave me some smurfberries for my troubles. So if I start a new village Ill lose those smurfberrios, or I can keep smurfberries but than my village will be corrupted, which is a bad idea as the corruption can get worse over time. Hopefully Popreach can help me somehow. I wouldnt mind starting from level one, but Id also really like to keep smurfberries that were given to me :/
    Last edited by Cupcake; 09-12-2021, 06:22 AM.

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that is the thing to do. It might be best if you just went back to level one and played through those first levels. [I did that awhile ago on a second device and it was a LOT of fun!]

• Pandemonium
    replied
    I am not sure if I should post my problem here but it seems similar enough. I reinstalled a game after a few years of inactivity and I loaded my backup and I thought everything was normal. Back then my village got corrupted and I had to start again.

After that I actually didnt play much, and now when I started playing again I notticed that all my areas except my Main Village got reset. I have smurfs and swoofs that I used to have (so for example on my mountain I have 6 smurfs and 0 houses). So I dont know if my game is corrupted because of that I dont wannt to have corruption problems later.

I notticed game allows me to place more digs up in the mountain than I have smurfs, amd same with diving on the island.

The problem is that as I just reinstalled the game, I cant go to my save where my village was not corrupted. Should I contact customer support?
    Last edited by Cupcake; 09-12-2021, 06:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    This may be indicative of a much bigger problem as missing items are a sign of corruption.

First carefully look around your village to make sure that you didn’t accidentally pick it up and drop it elsewhere. If it really is gone, please read through this topic and follow the steps necessary to restore to before your village became corrupted.

• ccorrian
    replied
    Why did my crop-harvester disappear when I reached level 90? Not cool. Very dishonest. And it is not even available in the Village Shop

Leave a comment:

• md432
    replied
    Cupcake i just wanted to follow up and say thank you! I tried restoring once more following your instructions and my village is back to normal. You are always so helpful and answer all my questions and issues so thank you so much 😊

Leave a comment:

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    The reason the cloud save looked like your current village is probably because it was your current village, or close to it. A cloud save is usually not helpful, as you saw.

You need to recover a local save back to before the corruption began. Once you have chosen a local save to preview, preview it. If you preview it and the crater is still missing, then press ‘No’ when prompted and then choose an earlier date to preview. If it is an uncorrupted village, when you see the back arrow, press it and then WAIT until you are asked whether you wish to recover that village. Press ‘Yes’ and WAIT again until the older village loads. Sometime it takes awhile for your device to perform all those functions, so be patient and wait for the prompts.

• md432
    replied
    Cupcake so I checked and i def didn't misplace it.

I tried recovering my village but idk if I am doing it wrong? I've only done it once before, and this time I tried both local save and cloud save. I clicked on load for cloud save and it just showed me my village as is with a back button. I clicked said button, it asked me if I wanted to recover it and I said yes, but when it loaded nothing changed.

I tried local save, it did change the level and percentage and then had the same back arrow, which I clicked. But then it just returned me to my current village.

What should I do?

Leave a comment:

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    First, check that you did not accidentally pick it up and drop it somewhere else, which can happen! If you cannot fine it, unfortunately this is a sign that your village has become corrupted. Once you are sure that it is gone, you need to recover your game back to a point where you see the crater again using the steps above. You might look around you village and make sure nothing else is missing or overlapping, so that you can make sure everything is back to normal in the village that you recover!

You can read about others who have had the problem here: https://smurfsforums.popreach.com/fo...ract-with-them
    Last edited by Cupcake; 05-10-2021, 04:19 AM.

• md432
    replied
    Hi I wasn't sure where else to put this but my one of my crater's is missing. I woke up today to play and I noticed when harvesting the others that I only have eleven craters, and one crater is missing in the spot where it usually is... what should I do?

Leave a comment:

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    First reboot your device. Then I would immediately load a local save back, say, three days, and if everything looks OK, see if your items are producing XP. Look carefully to see if anything is missing anywhere, or if you see any items (like crop fields) overlaying each other. If everything seems to be working fine, you may have gone back far enough. If not, try going back further.

• tencartier
    replied
    Hello, I figured my village was corrupted since I tried playing Lucky Smurf's Game on the island and it kept placing empty prizes over and over. I rolled back one version and everything seemed perfect. I have noticed though that none of my weather vines, trees, etc are producing any xp. I am going to wait until the end of the day to see what happens but I am sort of devastated because I have no way of knowing how far back I need to go! Any suggestions

Leave a comment:

• TrudyD
    commented on 's reply
    I already did, but I highly doubt it would help much. But anyways thank you so much for you help and advises , Cupcake!

• Cupcake
    commented on 's reply
    If your game is corrupt, it is corrupt, and transferring to another device doesn’t help. The thing that does work is if you have an uncorrupted back-up on a second device; then you can transfer the clean game and overwrite the corrupted one. Did you ever put the game on a second device?

You could try contacting Customer Support and asking if they can find an old cloud version of your game, but that is a long shot.
Working...
X