No announcement yet.

Game constantly crashing after latest update and purchasing mountain expansions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game constantly crashing after latest update and purchasing mountain expansions

I know people have been reporting frustrations with the game crashing recently and responses suggesting things will become better once the new servers are in place. I’d like to add my voice, since the latest update (Medieval) and purchasing the two Mountain expansions. My game now crashes almost every time I try and change location. This wasn’t happening to me before this latest update, bar some issues accessing the island. Now it’s all locations. I have a pretty recent iPad, so it shouldn’t be my technology lacking. ☹️

Please fill out a Customer Support ticket, ArtyHarry.

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Artyharry I’m so sorry you are having problems. Usually, when constant crashing happens, it is a memory problem. Do you happen to know how much RAM your device has?

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake according to a google search my iPad should have 2gb of RAM.

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Artyharry That should be enough, though the game demands more and more, so make sure you are not running too many apps in the background when you try to boot it up.

I just updated about an hour ago and the game has already crashed on me 3 times - twice when I was changing location, once after I put down two items bought with coins. I have a newer iPad with not many apps. I bought this iPad primarily to play this game!

I commented my frustration with the crashing just last week and the moderator directed me to a year old post about improvements to be made to correct this issue. I love this game but I would really rather see the crashing issue fixed than seasonal updates. How many more years will it take to fix this? Please please? Thank you 🙏

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Livi, unfortunately crashing happens for many different reasons, so it is not easy to pinpoint a fix for any one device, or even set of devices. Why do some devices crash but others using the exact same device, don’t? That is why PopReach is working with the code to bring it over to a new engine. It is a very complex task and it takes a lot of time to unravel those 10 years of code, but it should help immensely with these types of issues. Over the last ten years the game has grown and grown, with many layers of complexity. Players always want more space which equals more complexity. Players want more tiles; yet more complexity. Some things must be unraveled before, some fixes will happen.

Livi Smurf Artyharry Try this!! If you are signed into Game Center, please sign out and try launching without GC. GC has been a problem with regards to launching for some players! [I keep GC off permanently.]
    Last edited by Cupcake; 04-15-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake thanks for the advice but I’ve picked this up from you before and already done it, so that doesn’t seem to be the issue for me. I never have other apps running in the background, so that’s also not a problem. As it is, the game has behaved jolly well this morning and yesterday evening, so maybe it realises it’s on thin ice and has responded kindly to my latest device reboot! 😁 Thanks for all the messages today. I’ve kept you very busy. Apologies! x

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      Artyharry Glad SV is behaving? A gremlin maybe? 🤷‍♀️

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      Cupcake Fingers crossed. I haven’t had much chance to play today but I’ve just visited every area with no problems. 😊

Cupcake If I sign out I lose progress or back up of the game? I am VERY technologically challenged 😂

Comment

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries, Livi!

Even if you sign out of GC, the game should still save copies on your device once a day at midnight (local save) and an save copies on PopReach’s servers (cloud save.) You can either turn on ‘auto cloud save’ within the game, or just save it manually when you feel like it- it may be better for you to turn on auto cloud save.

I have been signed out of GC since Apple stopped supporting it a few years ago. Now Apple has started supporting GC again, but for me it caused nothing but problems when booting up, so I remain signed out and actually have the Game Center option turned to ‘Off’ in my game.

Be aware, though, if you DO sign out and you have GC friends, they will no longer appear in your friends’ list: Only friends who you have friended through the Smurfy ID system will show there. When I first stopped using GC, I searched for all my old friends through the Smurfy ID system within the game and re-friended them. So, if you decide to sign out of GC, you might make a note of your friends’ names in case you want to try to find them on the Smurfy ID system.
Working...
X