Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Receiving violent and or adult themed advertisements from the Video Hut and or Traveler's Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] Receiving violent and or adult themed advertisements from the Video Hut and or Traveler's Caravan

War Games are not harmless! A responsible well-reputed company like Beeline should give an understanding to children of these war games in no manner. "Little kids have a hard time distinguishing the line between the real-world and the gaming world, as young minds are still forming what is real and what is make-believe. To kids, these virtual experiences feel very real, not only because the graphics today are so amazing, but because they are taking on a first-person role in the killing process. Rather than just watching violent movie, when kids play a game, they are one of the main characters inside the adventure. The entire experience becomes a more meaningful -- and deadly -- in their brains, which are forming new connections everyday." (http://parentables.howstuffworks.com...ng-brains.html)

I totally agree to mornings posting.

I do not think, that the pointed little films are family friendly. I will not accept, that its possible that my 4 years old daughter can see videos were is pointed that figures are killed.

Greetings from Germany
    Eli

Comment

I agree as well. I do not understand that videos for games made for 9+ and 12+ are shown in a 4+ game.

Comment

This does really upset me, too. I can't see for what reason this has been done. Whats about the kids, playing smurfs village??? Do parents now have to forbidden them to play smurfs village????

Comment

• Marla Stein
          Marla Stein commented
          Editing a comment
          Please do not show unsmurfy war game videos in the smurphy Video Hut - Thank You

And this is why we dont get villains in the game.... All of you above: forget asking for Big Mouth and Agatha and Azrael and Gargamel and the others.....

Lets get rid of the war game ads! *thumbs up*

Comment

• Hundredth Smurf
          Hundredth Smurf commented
          Editing a comment
          I disagree.
          Villians in the smurfs game is not the same as approving for war games.

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          @bloodbandit: I think, you have not understood the problems. It is about responsibility of adults for their children!

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          We have Gargamel in the game!

I like villans in the game but they or we wouldnt kill the smurfs . So having the villans in the village is a good thing . But the war games are different we have to kill many things to be a winner .

Comment

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          @dabbler smurf: Not "things" have to be killed in war gams but living beings.
          Last edited by Morning Sky; 07-29-2014, 01:17 AM.

Totally agree on that. Good point and thanks for asking Morning Sky!

Comment

Save the children - or the Beeline-games are out!

Comment

Hi everyone. Changes have recently been made to the Video Hut. It should now only show video trailers for games that are rated for children ages 8 and up. This should eliminate advertisements for most of the War games and other objectionable videos.

Comment

• Hundredth Smurf
              Editing a comment
              Thank you, Spelling Bee. The video I had tonight was totally different from the once before. I really appreciate it.

• Morning Sky
              Morning Sky commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the Information, Spelling Bee! Hope it works!

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you! I really appreciate it.

Oh NO !!! Just I had a video "Heroes of Dragon Age" ratend 12+. It was the first Video I saw after the "changes"
            Last edited by Morning Sky; 07-31-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Hi folks,

Some other players are complaining that there aren't enough videos now so I've turned back on apps 6 - 12. I'll monitor that apps that are displaying in the theater and manually remove the ones that are least Smurfy.

Also as a reminder, players in Germany and the U.S. pass through an age gate (age verification pop up). If a player self reports as under 13 we disable all online functions including the video wall.

I appreciated that this is a sensitive issue and I'll do by best to meet the needs of the community.

Thanks,

Worker Bee

Comment

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for explaining! I'll monitor and see if the last adjustments make a difference.

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                Yep, could watch new videos now.

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                *Irony* - So happy you can watch new videos now! - *Irony*

What is more important: the protection of children and young people or the possibility to see many videos? The Smurfs village is rated 4+! I just saw a trailer for "Game of war" (9+): fighting people all over! Even no picture for little Children:

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                Beeline shows complete inconsistency! In any case, I would not like to have such mud like war games in my living room!

Morning Sky, this is a new feature so its going to take a little time for us to balance the videos being displayed. Please be patient. I will have some of the more aggressive apps removed but it will likely take a few work days.

Also as this video is in German I will again mention that the German version is subject to an age gate. If you can see the video it means you have self reported as being over 13. Said another way anyone 13 or younger in Germany and the US should not be able to see any videos in the video wall.

Comment

• Hundredth Smurf
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for explaining. I just came in here because I again had 9+ games in my video stream. Not as violent as the ones I had before though. This way will do fine for me - I will just make sure to obseve my youngest playing in the next days untill every thing is balanced.
                I am very happy you will have the most violent removed.

• Worker Bee
                Worker Bee commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for your understanding Hundredth Smurf. I really do appreciate that this is an important issue to parents and I'll get this resolved as quickly as possible.

Hello, Worker Bee, you also do not think that many children play not infrequently the Smurfs Village of the mother or the father? And do you also not think that the parents trust in it that it is released for 4 +? But I will wait patiently and observe how the thing goes on.

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                Today: "Royal Revolt II" (9 +) - war of the finest! - especially insidious: the figures are so sweet!
                Last edited by Morning Sky; 08-01-2014, 03:38 AM.

Don't parents nowadays monitor their children? If they allow a 4 yo to play their adult game I think it's wise to keep an eye on them like Hundreth does. Not only for videos but also for spending all SBs in the game. If you choose to not create a second account in which this feature is blocked it's a parents responsibilty to monitor it. Your irony comment "so happy you can watch videos now" is absolutely uncalled for. I'm asking why a feature doesn't work regardless the content as I am an adult. (Which doesn't mean I support the videos chosen btw)

Comment

• Hundredth Smurf
                Editing a comment
                I agree.
                My boys plays on their own device - and unfortunately there is not a setting like in Germany and US in my country. However I do still monitor what they do and how they play. Since they are now 7 and 12 I do not follow every step, but if the most violent videos are removed it will not be a problem for me either.
                Also we talk about the games, which they can play and their reactions to what they see. The world is much more digital and a lot of stuff is easy to access - I think it is my duty to teach them to navigate in this - and separate RL from virtual.

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                You sound like a lovely (and responsible) mom to me ❤️. You are right, internet has huge advantages but also some serious threats if not taken care of. I think Beeline has taken precautions by adding the age restrictions but if they get ignored by parents there's not much they can do. I appreciate Worker Bee is trying to sort things out to avoid harm.

• Pachemz
                Pachemz commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you, Tapasz. Create a second account with the age set appropriately to who's playing or monitor when your young child is playing. I'm way way WAY over 13 and I actually have no problem watch war game videos. Some of those games are actually kind of fun. If it's a way to get money so the game can keep going then I really don't care. I am a little surprised though that the age restriction isn't in all countries. That is something I do think needs fixing so parents don't have to monitor super closely.
                Last edited by Pachemz; 08-04-2014, 02:47 PM.
            Working...
            X