Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] Receiving violent and or adult themed advertisements from the Video Hut and or Traveler's Caravan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is probably the closest to the issue but....I'm not sure how appropriate some of these ads are. Keeping up with Kanye, we'll set aside my issues with the man and focus on the content.....I don't think I'd be happy if my niece played an ad and got this image. Yes, things are blurred out but.....pretty inappropriate even with the pixelization.

Comment

I haven't watched videos in ages so I don't know which ones are currently shown, but I always found the zombie or sniper or war ones rather inappropriate. Does an eight year old really need to see bloody zombies attack people and then the 'hero' take an axe to chop them down? Or a sniper who is watching a woman being attacked and held at gunpoint and we see from his perspective and the crosshairs and then how he fires a shot and makes it a headshot? I don't think half naked men are the best choice either, but better at least than watching blood splatter across the screen from some creepy creature being chopped down with an axe or somebody shotting somebody else in the head. I don't mind them personally, but I think a wee kid might get a fright when playing with cute little blue figures and then seeing this.

Comment

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      That;s my thing. Can't say that I find it personally offensive....just in as poor taste as I expect from someone like Kanye, that said for a game that is focused on being tamer and moderately kid focused (in the smurfs and graphics anyway), not what I'd expect to see.

I know that Bongfish likely doesn't even realize what is going on, they simply contract with someone to provide the ads. they may just not realize what is being slipped into hte mix. There are at least 2 others that are simply annoying (and I watch them muted anyway so I don't really care) but the half naked seemed to be a bit too much

skydiver118 Evanna I've shared this with the Bongfish Team and they are going to see what can be done.
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

• chocolatefruitnut
      chocolatefruitnut commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks guys for bringing up this issue on videos. I recalled 1 video which wouldnt continue until i pointed the gun at a human and shoot...ridiculous add & so not smurfy to 'kill' just for 3 miserable smurfy bites...stopped watching videos for awhile after that...

I agree that some of the video ads are inappropriate. I was seeing Kanye and some war game ads.

Let's see what Bongfish can come up with.

Comment

Hello everyone, I've spoken with Bongfish this morning and they gave me an update. I'm happy to report that after working with the Flashman Team, Bongfish was able to find the source of the advertisement and have it removed. The offensive ad It should no longer appear in the Video Hut. If you come across it again, (or anything similar) please take a screenshot or get as much information as you can about the ad and share it here. The Flashman and Bongfish teams will then do what they can to see if it can be removed.

Comment

• Schtroumpfette
        Schtroumpfette commented
        Editing a comment
        Great news! Thanks!

I have a question about the slot machine/gambling ads. I actually don't have any little kids using my device, and I don't understand how those gambling games work. Do they get people into spending real money, or is it a virtual, just for fun kind of thing? Those are the only other ads that I could see possibly not being age appropriate.

I'll get a screenshot or the name of the games in the ads next time they pop up.

Thanks so much.

Comment

Today there was a advertisement for a war game in the video hut:

Please do not show any advertisements in the video hut, which may only be shown to twelve-year-olds and older. And please: No advertisement for war games!

Last edited by Morning Sky; 05-02-2017, 10:58 AM.

Comment

I don't understand why people who play and love an absolute non-violent game get video clips about war games in the video Hut.
          I don't think that these players are the clients who would like to download and play those games to earn some smurf berries.
          Especially kids and teens should be protected.

Comment

I watched an add for a dating app this week and I have to say, it confused me even more than the war game adds. I'm not sure what it was called, but it was not the "hey! Feel alone? Meet nice peoplenearby!" Kind of app. It was the "hey. You. Feeling lonely? Do you need someone to cuddle?" kind of app. 😝

Comment

• Morning Sky
              Morning Sky commented
              Editing a comment
              Vintoxi I'm confused, does your answer mean, you do want to see things like this in the game:

Screenshot from an advertising film from the Smurf cinema. The App is named "Mobile Strike".

• oldyschlumpf
              oldyschlumpf commented
              Editing a comment
              Vintoxi I'm confused, too. Nearly all of the videos in the huts show scenes like this. A video about a brain game or something else is absolutely seldom shown.
              Do you like these pictures?

• Tenny
              Tenny commented
              Editing a comment
              Vintoxi It never came up again.

I too see advertisments for war games, games showing a lot of violence and can't see how this corresponds with the age recommendation. So here goes to Bongfish: please remove violent games and videos!

Comment

To be honest, There's a lot of war themed mobile games today. By removing these ads would significantly reduced the amount of ads you can watch and people would say the video hut didn't work (cause there's no ads to show)

I personally don't mind ads like "Mobile Strike". Sure there are explosions in the ad, I think it's okay as long as it doesn't show blood and dying people. Even some cartoons sometimes have explosion scene. Don't forget Jokey have lots of explosions scene.

I do agree though that ads like "Keeping up with Kanye" and "Walking Dead" are terrible for young players and should be removed

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                Better not to have movies in the movie hut than violence.

Originally posted by Morning Sky View Post
                War Games are not harmless! A responsible well-reputed company like Beeline (now Bongfish) should give an understanding to children of these war games in no manner. "Little kids have a hard time distinguishing the line between the real-world and the gaming world, as young minds are still forming what is real and what is make-believe. To kids, these virtual experiences feel very real, not only because the graphics today are so amazing, but because they are taking on a first-person role in the killing process. Rather than just watching violent movie, when kids play a game, they are one of the main characters inside the adventure. The entire experience becomes a more meaningful -- and deadly -- in their brains, which are forming new connections everyday." (http://parentables.howstuffworks.com...ng-brains.html)

I have to say, the latest adds I watched in the Video hut were nice and friendly. Not violent at all. 👍

Comment

• Morning Sky
                Morning Sky commented
                Editing a comment
                When I show a Screenshot here, it is new from today.

Such images play down the war, but people die in the tanks.
                Last edited by Morning Sky; 05-12-2017, 11:42 AM.

• Tenny
                Tenny commented
                Editing a comment
                I know the ad from other games I play, and I dislike it very much. Destroy the world over a cup of coffee. Boom! But on my iOS village I only get nice and friendly ads for garden games, puzzles and so on ... and I guess I'm registered with my real age. I only watch two ads per day, maybe it's because of that?

Different people get different ads. It's based on where you are and if there is any info on your gender or age. It could possibly also be related to other cookies on your device....this is on face book, but if I shop online at B&H photo, then I see facebook ads for the very things I'm shopping for.

So just because one person gets an ad doesn't mean another won't or won't get the same thing.

Comment

Does not a person die in the exploding helicopter?

Please remove all war Game advertisement! Advertising is not everything! Protect our children and youth!

Comment

Glory Ridge is rated for age 10 and up in the Google Play store. It is a war game.

Comment

Working...
                  X