Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[AP] Lost progress in iOS 1.30.0 or Android 1.7.0 and can't recover using the Recovery Menu "Oops Can't find your Village" or "Need to update"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [AP] Lost progress in iOS 1.30.0 or Android 1.7.0 and can't recover using the Recovery Menu "Oops Can't find your Village" or "Need to update"

I updated earlier as I noted in the thread. I built the wonder, put away all Valentine's decorations and put Lazy in the V. spot. Put Wild Smurf over near the Halloween wonder and when I came back just now, I got the message my village could not be found. I used the recover tool back to how it was this morning. Then the games crashed. I rebooted my phone, same thing happened all over again.

I submitted a ticket this morning. Miss Bee could you check to see if this problem is widespread and if Beeline is working on a fix? I will not play until this is resolved as I am afraid to lose my three years of progress.
    Last edited by CindySmurf; 02-26-2016, 07:05 AM. Reason: Update

Someone else has this problem too. I think I read it in the "update is live" thread. This is a HUGE problem. I hope you eventually get your village back.

Comment

I have the same problem! Everything is gone the second time since the update (irst time I could recover) but now, even when I recover to the date before, Gargamel shows up as on level 1....HELP! (I sumitted a ticket already)

Comment

Sent me back to level 45 from 67! I have lost way to much to start over. I can't even choose a village says I need to update my application? Just sick!

Comment

I managed to get back to a version from two days ago but I won't open the game again because I'm sure I will get the same message that my village cant be found again and then Gargamel will show once again. We need help from Beeline immidialtely!

Comment

Same problem i did update and everything was fine. Tonight start gifting and Gargamel scene start following choose your village which doesn't show level or coins/sb, and when I clicked preview message saying may need to update application to view village ???
            Beeline and friend please advise and help 😱😢

Comment

• Smurfy-smurfy
              Smurfy-smurfy commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh that's why I couldn't get into your village when I wanted to leave a gift this morning.. Very sorry what is happening to you and everyone. I think Spelling Bee will come to this forum today and leave comments. I just recommend you not to play the game til Beeline releases a bug fix update. Hope everything is fine... Fingers are crossed.

• Ashley j
              Ashley j commented
              Editing a comment
              That's what happened to me same message!

I don't get the message to update, but I wasn't gifting when it happened.
            I did nothing, just crashed like Cindy smurf an then when starting again got the message that my vilage could not be found...

Comment

A copy of my post from the update thread.....

Uggh. Another buggy, corrupted update. 😡.
              It sounds like it may be something to do with playing the game online via Game Centre? Can anyone confirm with further information?

Please, please everyone back up your games before updating. Also download a current version of your game onto a spare device if you can. (And keep it safe offline). Reboot your devices after updating. When you first open the game, play for a bit offline to make sure it is safe. (So it doesn't corrupt your Game Centre save).

In fact, I am going to keep my game offline until we know more about this. No gifting for a while folks until this is sorted. 😔

Comment

This is what i got after orange beeline screen and following blue smurf screen hit play and scary screen shows up 😖
                I always play on my iPad never on my iPhone should i get game on phone and see what will happend?
                I did backup before downloading.

Comment

I'm really not sure, Nora.
                  This corruption is really scary because it obviously corrupts your game centre save, and seems like the 'papas head' recovery method is also not working. That leaves an iTunes back up (full device restore), or copy on another device as the possible only recovery options.

In your case Nora, it is good that you have an iTunes back up from before the update. Make sure you stop making new back ups!!!! Don't back up your corrupted game. !!!!!!
                  It is good you have another iOS device. But the problem is, if it doesn't already have SV on it, if you download it, you will be downloading the corrupted 1.30 version onto it. Don't do that.

I think you just have to keep that back up safe. Wait until we hear from Beeline. As a last resort you may have to do a full device restore from the back up. (But you will lose anything on your device not backed up). But be reassured that you should at least have an option to get your village back.

Comment

• Beijing-Ve
                    Beijing-Ve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You seem to know quite a lot about this stuff. I have no idea about back ups and all the other stuff... In my case the last time I opened the game this morning it said that my village could not be found but there was a list with days I could recover from. February 26th was already corrupted and Gargamel on level 1 showed up, but February 25th was fine. I closed the game after that and haven't touched it since. what do you suggest doing? Leave it alone? At least I had the option to recover but I fear if I start the game again I might have the (even bigger) problem like Nora, and there won't even be an option to recover at all...

• Beijing-Ve
                    Beijing-Ve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Btw I did not go on Papa smurfs head to recover the village, the list with recovery points came up itself both times when starting the game.

• Tapasz
                    Tapasz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Recovery points showed immediately? That's really strange.

The fact your febr 26th was corrupt isn't strange as your in-game copy made a copy of your already corrupt village. Your febr 25th version will be fine as long as you don't open your game anymore until a fix is out. Not even offline!

Well, I cannot even enter my game. What bugs me that it's asking me to update application to view village that i did so could be issue with GC maybe connectivity issue or system did not recognize update?
                  Hope Beeline will have some answers and help us.

Thank you Caro

Comment

• Caro
                    Caro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's because your GC save is corrupted too. 😔

Don't open your game anymore. Just wait for now.

Hi Bejing-Ve.
                  This is horrible it has affected you too.
                  I'm glad you were able to recover to a previous day's save. Your game data remains corrupted though. If you try to play now, that day's save will become corrupted too. (I fear it may already be so). You were right not to open it again. Stay out of your game now until we hear from beeline. A bug fix update MAY fix it for you, as long as you don't open your game until then.

Do you use iTunes or icloud to back up? Do you play on another device as well?

Comment

• Beijing-Ve
                    Beijing-Ve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi.
                    First of all thanks. I will not touch the game.

No, I don't play on another device and I actually thought I have the icloud back up on automatic mode but when I just looked at it it says: Last update: Never. That also makes no sense, I know it did one a coupe of weeks again, I have no idea what's going on.
                    I just hope that the restored village it okay, since I didn't touch it since then and it was okay.
                    The thought of losing it all is killing me.

Is there a way to log out of the game centre completely or can I just turn of the wifi? (I won't try to start the game either way, I just want to know how the game centre works exactly)
                    Thank you!!!

• Caro
                    Caro commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you use Game Centre, everytime you play your game with your device connected to WiFi or cellular data, it will sync to Game Centre. If you don't want it to sync to Game Centre, play offline. (Turn off WiFi &/or cellular data, or just put your device in 'airplane mode'.). You can also log out of GC in the settings menu of your device.

• Beijing-Ve
                    Beijing-Ve commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks, I will log out of it for now. I need the iPad for too many other things, so I can't just turn of the wifi. Thanks again!

I have this morning had the same problem. But I did the recovery using the head of Pope Smurf. Picture with Gagamel me very scared, I mentally said goodbye to the game. It would be a pity to lose 100 levels !!! Now I'm playing, but every time I'm afraid to leave the game and get the same bad result.

Comment

Got gargamel pages on two games when I turned on my villages. Sent in request for support. Message returned, try papa 16 times. Recover a clean game. Gone back a week, all gargamel page one. All data lost in both games. All they can do is tell me they will give back whatever I purchased, with proof of that purchase. I'm am/was at level 88 and 82. I think beeline let so many of us down with a bad update, they might as well shut the doors and go home. Nothing will replace the game I played with my grandson when he was so very sick.

Comment

Hi everyone. I've reached out to the Studio and should hear back very soon. Please whatever you do, do not delete your app, or try to re-install it. Let's just wait and see what the Studio has to say first.

Comment

Working...
                      X