Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NI] Crashed while decorating the Grove and both online and offline options are corrupted at the Choose your village screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NI] Crashed while decorating the Grove and both online and offline options are corrupted at the Choose your village screen

Some SV fb members also experience this issue and lost his village due to this bug. Happened to my village TWICE, luckily have a save copy on my other device.

Beeline try look on this matter (suspected river tiles the culprit).

We won't want anymore players to lose their village because of this bugs and try improve on your QA & QC !!!

Last edited by Ray888; 05-02-2016, 09:09 AM.

It's very unusual to have both versions as 'unknown', the online 'unknown' usually stands for a GC sync with a different SV app version. Your device game should never show unknown, this must be some form of corruption in the game, and scary!

Good to have a copy on 2nd device!

At what point does this screen show Ray? In the middle of the game or after a crash?

Comment

• Ray888
      Ray888 commented
      Editing a comment
      After a crash...the screenshot is from another SV player from fb who lost his village!

• Cupcake
      Cupcake commented
      Editing a comment
      After a crash, Tapasz (see #7 below)!

Another SV fb member with similar problem!

Comment

Blimey, this is scary! Tapasz, I heard from Beeline after my game was corrupted, and sent back to level one, that they don't support or recommend play on multiple devices, but they gave me no reason. Do you know why? It seems like a good way to protect your village to me and was the only reason I managed to recover my game, albeit with a big loss of progress. Is this your recommendation? I trust your advice. At the moment I'm only playing on one device and have only just this week placed my first river tiles. Would you recommend mend I delete them for the moment, until we know the tiles are safe to place? And does deleting them seem to do the trick, or is there a chance the corruption has already crept in, now they!'ve been placed and there's no way of undoing it? Am feeling quite nervous now after reading Ray's comment.

Thanks and I hope you get your villages back! ๐Ÿ˜จ

Comment

• Ray888
        Ray888 commented
        Editing a comment
        The crash occur during major decorating using river tiles...so far so good for me. Just try to have a back-up village whether on another device or itunes for iOS.

• debbles smurf
        debbles smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Those tiles could be in conflict with something from a few years ago when the going back to level 1 first occurred. The development team need to go back to archived copies of the game to when they were first contacted about this issue as that is where the bug is and then fix it

Ray, the second pic doesn't really show if it's an 'unknown' village on device. As far as I can see it shows level one. Which is exactly what happened to those who got corrupt during Wild Smurfs update. The level one itself doesn't mean anything special, it is a sign there's something wrong with the game. By recovering it will get the current one on device again. Maybe even after a reboot without recovery. I dรณ agree though that there's something off with the river tiles. Most of the people with a corrupt game had loads of them. I haven't got that many, maybe that's why my game is still safe. First I suspected it to be on older devcies only but you also have an Air and iPhone6S so there's no difference.

@Arty, how sweet of you to trust my advize ๐Ÿ˜Š. Beeline doesn't recommend PLAYING on two devices as each transfer (back and forth) can result in hickups, hence corruption. And sometimes transfer isn't possible due to GC issues. But as you've noticed I always recommend to use a second device as backup. I never play on my other devices but always transfer my game to all of them right before an update. And at least daily to my second device. If Im decorating a lot, more than once.

So if you have a second device please try to transfer it daily. No need to play, the moment you got the popup and choose online version it will overwrite the one on device. It also makes an in-game backup at midnight so your recovery points stay intact as well. I think if players didn't use a second device as backup most of them would have lost their village by now or at least many levels.

As for the river tiles, I don't know at what point it causes corruption. Maybe it's a combination of things as some got corrupt without using the tiles. I think if you don't use too many you will be fine. Or take it a day at the time to add a few. You'll notice corruption soon enough.
      Last edited by Tapasz; 05-03-2016, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Tapasz
        Tapasz commented
        Editing a comment
        No. The going back to level one is just a signal there's a conflict. Just like a BSOD on a PC.

• Artyharry
        Artyharry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the advice Tapasz. Will follow it. Hope I don't have to thank you again, big time, if I get another level one corruption bug. ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Tapasz, please read my comment below. I had two "unknowns" and got the oops message above: nothing about level 1.

I know during the Wild Smurf update, I had maybe a dozen water tiles on one device with no issue.

Given that people are having crashes when trying to gift, I'm starting to wonder if Game Center is part of the issue. I only have 2 friends, my other device and my niece and (yet anyway) haven't had any crashing issues. Which made me wonder if it wasn't the game crashing, per se, but issues with Game Center causing the game to crash.

Comment

• Tapasz
        Tapasz commented
        Editing a comment
        No don't think so because the game was flawless last two updates. I only crash a few times during my round and that is when loading of the village takes too long. The connection with GC is perfectly fine. It's the loading time from Beelines part which causes crashing. Besides that people also crash playing offline when traveling to the island for instance.

OK, this just happened to me. I got the expansion to the Grove last night, did some deco (including a few new water tiles) and when I went into the game this morning and moved around a bit, it crashed. Reentered and got the "Choose your village" screen with both saved and online village showed as unknown. When I tried to preview a village, I got the Oops message above. When I tried to just 'use' a village, same thing. Rebooted; same thing.

Luckily, I had backed up my village on another device recently. When I opened that village, I got the "Choose your village" screen, with the online choice showing 'Unkown' but the device saved on the copy available. I chose the copy saved on the device and got back into the game. Went to the original device, and it allowed me to choose the online village that I had just saved from the second device.

Personally, if you have access to a second device, my recommendation is to back up your game! Maybe not play on two devices, but back up at least once a day if you can! That is the only thing that saved me today!

Comment

• Tapasz
        Tapasz commented
        Editing a comment
        I wonder if the 'fix' Beeline added causes both villages to show unknown. They made an adjustment that corrupt villages coulden't load anymore. So instead of the going back to level 1 it shows an unknown village. Just guessing but it seems that way.

Did you try to enter offline after the reboot? And I assume you also closed SV from status bar before performing a hard reboot?
        As for you solution, you did the right thing! (Good to know you paid attention to all my yabbadabba, LOL).

And that's exactly why I always recommend to transfer to second device daily!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Tapasz I didn't try to enter offline after the reboot as I knew I had the recent backup. If it happens again I'll make sure to try that just to see And yes, I always close down all my apps before doing a hard boot!

• chickadee2013
        chickadee2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Scary stuff. I'm glad you had another device. What if we don't have one? ๐Ÿ˜ฐ

I'm in the same boat. Spent all day yesterday working on my Grove. I bought a lot of Smurfs and worked their little butt's off getting me rare seeds. I cleared the fog and started up with the water tiles. I left the game to do some other stuff online and came back to this screen of death. I opened the game on my second older iPad and it appears ok. It's at level 88 92%. ๐Ÿ˜ No Dentist Smurf or Dr.Smurf that were replaced, so it goes back a bit further.

Comment

So is there a way to recover from this? I'd prefer to get back to my level 89+.

Comment

Recovered because I had a game on older device. Back to level 89, lost, XP, $ and SB's but my game is ok. BACK UP YOUR GAMES EVERYONE....๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Comment

• Amberglass
            Amberglass commented
            Editing a comment
            What do I do now? My game shows level 89 and it seems fine. But, we all know looks can be deceiving. I'm totally stumped. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

• Morning Sky
            Morning Sky commented
            Editing a comment
            Guess you have to do the level 88 bug steps again. Hope you will have a working recovery point.
            Last edited by Morning Sky; 05-09-2016, 01:49 PM.

• Amberglass
            Amberglass commented
            Editing a comment
            How do I even know it will work Morning Sky? .... I'm beyond discouraged. ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Same error here! Got the expansion beyond the fog opened, got as many houses to reach maximum allowed at my level and started decorating with water tiles... Almost done when the game crashed. Came back to the recovery screen, obliged to choose one of the previous saved games... Did that, crashed a bunch more times and eventually got into the game. All the expansion work gone, still hours to go for the clearing of it... So gotta start all over but I guess with less water tiles now. Why we get them if it does not say what the limit is?
          Last edited by Aly Hoogland; 05-12-2016, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• Cupcake
            Cupcake commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not sure there is a limit- crashing happens even if you place a few!

[Posted this on the update thread, also.]

New variation on crash theme: Hadn't done much since expanding after the last recovery; a little deco (no water tiles) pretty much just planting and harvesting.

Then today I got a variation of the 'unknown' bug. My village crashed and when I tried to harvest. When I tried to re-enter it gave me a choice between a somewhat recent village on the device, or an 'Unknown' online village! I chose the recent device village. Odd and disturbing.
          Last edited by Cupcake; 05-16-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• Ray888
            Ray888 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where you crash your village,Cupcake?
            Mine was at the Grove!

• happybird
            happybird commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm so sorry you are experiencing these awful problems, Cupcake.๐Ÿ˜• I really hope the new update brings a solution, and glad you have a back up on another device.
            With all the assorted weirdness reported about the eastern Grove expansions, I'm not doing any yet. It's a bummer, because I finally have a lot of rare seeds. But, I'd rather be safe than sorry. Ugh.

• Cupcake
            Cupcake commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I should have specified, Ray- at the Grove!
        Working...
        X