Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NI] Tried recovering from a corrupted village but all of the recovery points prior to the corruption are now corrupt too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NI] Tried recovering from a corrupted village but all of the recovery points prior to the corruption are now corrupt too

ALL RECOVERY POINTS ARE CORRUPT!

Made a seperate topic because I don't want to ruin the fun for the happy few who still have a safe village. Or think they have...

Fingers crossed they found a solution for the corruption issues.

Is there any news about that?? It appears my game is still corrupt. Earlier recovery points (from before corruption first appeared) are corrupt as well. A D&R didn't solve it.

I'm running out of ideas now. Am trying a last option, if this doesn't work it's the end.

There's something seriously wrong with the recovery points! Haven't got a clue which changes they made to ''prevent corrupt villages from loading'' never got an answer on my topic: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...s-from-loading

It would have been common courtesy to at least acknowledge my topic. But now it's NECESSARY to get some answers before we lose it all.

Problem is after recovery (while we think it's safe) the game is still corrupt in the background. As progress does save to GC it's hard to recognize. You only notice it when trying to resync from a second device.

So my question remains the same! It seems the ''extra precaution'' has backfired.

Topaz, I think this same thing happened to me. I could not do anything to get rid of the strange new village blueprint. Even when I did a D & R the blueprint came back. Luckily I had a village saved on another device that did not have the blueprint. I stopped playing on the problemed device and removed the game off of that iPad. I finally reinstalled the game with the new update and was able to bring my village over. Everything is fine now on both villages. I don't know if it was the waiting period or the new update.

Comment

• Tapasz
      Tapasz commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds alike. I did D&R on the problem device and tried transfering the ''good game'' to it. That works out but after that I can't resync anymore. So there's still something off.

The frustration is that they should be able to back out the code that they did to keep corrupt villages from loading, as it is not as intertwined with game play as other code is. Why they are not addressing this is a mystery. I have a feeling they are trying to 'fix' the bad code instead of backing it out and recoding at a future date.

THIS IS A MAJOR PROBLEM, BEELINE! Back the code out, retest, release the fix. Not rocket science.

Comment

Oh no!!
      This sucks!!

Comment

The major problem is, that this money sucking company ignores us completely! I know that Spelling Bee tries what is in her power but we need other information and the knowledge that somebody cares. I believe they do NOT care.

Comment

Come on Beeline, Tapasz has done a lot to help other forum members save their village (which you should be doing), at the very least you should help her in the hour of her need! Please help Tapasz save her village!!! We would really hate to see her lose her wonderful village!

Comment

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            That's sweet of you 😊. But don't think they know how to solve this...

I will say it again like a broken down record player. The corruption going back to level 1 bug can be found in an early version of the game.

The team need to go back to the old forum to see when people first posted about losing their game.

They need to go back to before hidden recovery was implemented

The bug is similar to the magic meadow bug which occurred in early version of the game which has now been fixed which makes me ask are they using the same software programme to writed both games.

That bug is like a gas leak the tiles are the trigger just like a live wire. When a live wire connects with gas an explosion occurs.

Time the team paid attention and looked properly. Something will be coded wrong or in conflict.

Comment

I just did a google search on the game starting over issue and I saw this

Level 5 is reached, Papa Smurf will ask for a bridge to be built across the river to the right of the starting area.

I did place lazy bridge so maybe the conflict is the bridge which has to be placed over the water tiles. Perhaps the instructions coding is wrong and so instead of what is meant to happen the instructions have been coded to cause the game to start over

Comment

Well, that certainly stinks.

No it's not the same software as Magic Meadow (re question above).

I do wonder if the answer is that it's not a matter of backing out code and if once a village is corrupted, that's the end.

Hopefully there will be an answer by Beeline. I agree that the silence is deafening.

Comment

• Cupcake
                Cupcake commented
                Editing a comment
                Backing out the code that they recently put in to keep corrupted villages from loading won't cure those who are already corrupted, but at least it would enable people who corrupt from that point on to load their game so they could try recovering an uncorrupted village.

This is really bad...they should quickly roll out a rescue team, seem that many players have came across with the glitches, bugs and problems surrounding their games. Please act now before it's to late Beeline 😯😮😯😮😯

Comment

I had all known big bugs and major problems but I always was able to recover by tapping Papa 16 times or I synced the game from other device. (I think) my game is fine! But it only is fine because I play it on 2 devices and synce every day and after every purchase.
                Last edited by Morning Sky; 06-13-2016, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Ray888
                  Ray888 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Now, even we have withered crops and time issue when synching between multiple devices 🙄🙄🙄

• Morning Sky
                  Morning Sky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Verily, that is unpleasant but not existential.

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I always sync to second device. Usually don't play that one but a one-way sync to save data. The corruption started on second device. Transfered my main game and all seemed fine. Untill a day later when I did play on my phone and tried to resync. Only then I noticed I couldn't. Stupid thing is if I restart that game offline and go online again GC shows me the current level. If I choose this one problem occurs again. Even after D&R.

I have the sabe problem, lost all my smurfs, recovery won't help because if I go back it will be to level 1, even though I'm level 46. Please help!

Comment

• Morning Sky
                  Morning Sky commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did you use the hidden recovery feature? In the options menu tap on the picture of Papa Smurf's head 16 times and legal/support will turn into Recover village. Tap recover village and it will give you a list of dates to recover from. Choose the most recent date and preview it. When you exit the preview it will give you the options to recover and not recover. If the most recent date listed is also messed up then go down the list until you get to a saved village that is what you want.

What a complete disaster!! Tapasz, please keep us updated on how you are going trying to save your village. This corruption is completely out of control.

Comment

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No luck yet. Thought I had it covered but problem came back again.

YOO HOO! BEELINE! ARE YOU THERE??? ::::hears echoes, but nothing else::::

Comment

Someone found enough time to change the topic's title, but still no answer? Come on, this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
                    Spelling Bee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Teddy. I'm the one who keeps the forum organized and maintained. Part of that means I have to modify the titles every now and then. No one from the Studio came in to change the title and then leave again. On a much brighter note, thankfully Worker Bee is doing what he can to try and help Tapasz.
                Working...
                X