Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[NI] Tried recovering from a corrupted village but all of the recovery points prior to the corruption are now corrupt too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the problem the GC saves? Sorry I don't understand enough about this. I haven't had any problems, touch wood, with items appearing or lost progress but today I placed a glowing mushroom tree in my grove. It took the SB but the tree was showing in place but not yet placed and the screen froze. I thought it was going to crash but instead I got a pop-up asking me to choose my village. The one on the left was unknown and the online version was correct but I closed and rebooted. Again I got the message. I chose the online version and it all seems okay now but does that mean there is something wrong with the saved games? Why does it show an unknown version on "XX" level? We used to get an option between an online version and our last saved, with our village name and a level the same or slightly lower than our online game. Where does the unknown village come from?

Please respond to Tapasz Beeline. We need to have reliable recovery points.

Comment

• Ray888
      Ray888 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, something definitely must be going wrong here, Chicka.
      Luckily you manage to restore your village successfully as others losses their village just like that.

• Tapasz
      Tapasz commented
      Editing a comment
      GC saves are fine. It's Beelines saves which aren't. You might want to recover your game Chicka as the ''unknown'' popup isn't how it should be.

The corruption is happening on both ios and android. I remember way back in 2014 when I did have friends on facebook and was part of a group there was one who had a village on android and a village on ios, their android village you never gift as a message came up they had to update yet they had, I then came across a second player who had the same thing. Android use facebook and google play games when playing online. In the end I walked away from playing online as too many bugs started to appear. Whatvis frustrating here is no one from beeline is coming and updating us about the corruption aa to whether they have in fact found the lost progress bug or not. When I posted what I thought it was based on observation and logic so it would be nice if someone from beeline acknoledges those of us who have put imput in here to actually help as we all do like this game just not the bugs that seem to have grown into gigantic killer bugs that are now on the loose doing alot of carnage to our villages

Comment

• If players have a corrupted village, their recovery tool saves will eventually be written over with corrupted saves if they continue to play the game (game makes new saves in the background that overwrite old saves). Also, if the player has a corrupted village and their recovery saves were not able to restore a save before the corruption, their village will stay corrupted (we cannot fix this unfortunately).
      • If your village is corrupted, please contact support. http://www.beeline-i.com/support/?page=support
      • We have found an issue that we potentially fixed regarding players being reset to level 1. We are hoping this will prevent future cases of this scenario although we are still investigating other bugs as well.

Comment

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Debbles, the 'potential fix' mentioned above is the change that was implemented several updates ago. The hidden recovery menu used to only keep 30 save dates. The recovery menu creates one save each day you open the app. If you don't open the app, it won't create a new save. The 'fix' changed it so the recovery menu can now make and store 200 saves, and it will not create a new save if the game is corrupted.

Part of the problem back in January was that every time people opened their newly corrupted game, their old, uncorrupted saves were being overwritten, one at a time. After 30 days, there were no clean, uncorrupted saves left. There is no way to ever fix those games (unless they had an old, clean copy on a secondary device- but this may also now be a problem, which is part of what Tapasz is trying to determine, I believe). The update that included the 'fix' took longer than 30 days to arrive, so it was too little, too late for many players. (If Beeline just would have told players back when this all started not to open their game at all until a bug fix/next update was released and installed, they could have saved a lot of people a lot of heartache. That's the part that kills me. But, of course, if players don't open their app, they cannot buy EOs...)

The worst problem with the 'fix' is that it created the 'unknown village' problem. That type of corruption appeared immediately after the update that contained the 'fix.'

Bottom line: the 'fix' ain't working right.
        Last edited by happybird; 06-15-2016, 10:07 AM. Reason: trying to explain the details of the unknown village bug ends up being way more confusing than just accepting that it exists and is caused by the so-called fix Beeline implemented

• debbles smurf
        debbles smurf commented
        Editing a comment
        I was referring to reset to level 1 bug has that now been fixed and implemented in this latest update android are yet to receive. I don't play online unless I save to cloud manually so don't have unknown village bug. I last had the reset to level one when I placed that naughty smurf lazys stuff. Before that it was random at different times including a few days before xmas in 2014.

• Astro King
        Astro King commented
        Editing a comment
        Debbles, happybird is right. The fix that Beeline is talking about is the 200 saves (instead of just 30 saves) and preventing bad save at midnight, hence eliminating the level 1 bug (the level 1 bug happens due to the bad save at midnight as players experienced this bug when they opened the game after the midnight save).

However it seems that this 'solution' creates another problem which is the 'unknown' bug that corrupts the village beyond recovery. This is even more scary as we can't enter the village to recover prior good recovery points at all. This means if you experience this unknown bug, you'll lose the game forever and Beeline does not have a solution to this now (point 1 stated by Worker Bee). Tapaz has advise all to backup our games somewhere (pc or another device) which is a temporary solution so if the game on 1 device is corrupted (caused by placing river tiles), we can delete and reinstall SV and retrieve the backup from pc or another device. I have experienced this bug but luckily I have backup in another device, thus my village is saved.
        Last edited by Astro King; 06-17-2016, 03:29 AM.

Thanks for your reply Worker Bee.

But this is NOT what's happening here. I cΓ‘n recover my village to a point before corruption started and transfer that to another device. Problem is however that the recovered village doesn't resync. My game saves all progress to GC, as soon as I restart second device offline it will give me the most current level through GC.

A question though: on performing D&R it used to ask two questions:
      1. Are you sure you want to delete the app
      2. Delete data from GC
      Now it immediately deletes the app without option to hold on to data. Is this something which Beeline changed? Because that would have probably saved my game. A fresh install with the data from GC. Now I only have the option to overwrite my whole GC game...with corrupt info in it.

As for contacting support...I think it's safe to say I know all options available to resurrect villages. Half of the long time members (maybe more) still have their game thanks to that. Support only advizes to recover through papa or start over. Pretty sure they can't help me. The studio/dev team might be able to, as the changes they made a few updates ago (the precaution stuff) makes it impossible to resurrect villages from this form of corruption.

As always I'm willing to describe in detail what happened. Hope they're willing to help out.

Starting with the answer about D&R above.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        A very restrained response, Tapasz!

With all due respect Worker Bee, it is quite the insult to recommend that Tapasz contact customer support. She IS customer support! She has saved countless players' games, and has been available to the forum acting as Beeline support for years when Beeline itself has been of almost no help at all. If anyone deserves one on one assistance with saving her game, it is Tapasz. Please contact her directly and realize that she needs the help of someone like you working with her personally, not the help of the so-called customer support.

Comment

• Kareelia
        Kareelia commented
        Editing a comment
        WHAT UNICORN SMURF SAID!!!

• Astro King
        Astro King commented
        Editing a comment
        1000 like from me too! πŸ‘πŸΌ

• Smurfy-smurfy
        Smurfy-smurfy commented
        Editing a comment
        WELL SAID!!! Can't agree with you more!

All of my GC saves were corrupted so I started from the beginning, I was level 59, currently level 25, but GC isn't always saving.my current progress instead it's saving my corrupted village of level 59, even though I not playing it. Only two saves from my restarted village are available, lvl 12 & 21 the rest are lvl 59 including 15/6/2016 which is the latest

Comment

DEAR BEELINE:

I have to say that I thought exactly the same thing as Unicorn when I read Worker Bee's comment. Tapasz knows much more about all aspects of the game than anyone at Beeline Support. I suspect that she knows more about the game overall than ANYONE at Beeline.

If Dnor is still having the problems mentioned above, then it seems the 'potential fix' mentioned by Worker Bee is not a fix of any kind.

PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, BEELINE.

Comment

Pfffffff...I think I finally nailed it! Can't even recall what exact steps I took during this drama but it seems it's working again.

The ingredients:

1 Valentines sheep
          2 D&R
          3 devices
          18% progress (which is a LOT at level 96)
          15-20 restarts
          20+ hours
          70 seeds
          200-250 SB (at least!)
          Uncountable patience

Still not absolutely sure if it worked out but signs are promissing. There's definitely something off with the recovery points once you hit this form of corruption. (Blueprints suddenly appearing out of nowhere). But as I couldn't stand losing my village and couldn't stand not knowing how to solve this I kept on trying. I can tell you that deleting and restarting your game at two devices at the same time is not for the faint hearted!! Knowing I had to rely on my very old phone to save it all.

I lost a lot during this proces of which the valentines sheep and SB hurt the most. It would be nice if they could replace it but don't think I can stand contacting ''support'' after what I've been through.

Very reluctant to start decorating again so I will keep it slow. Next few days will prove if I really saved my little blue friends. Fingers crossed please!

A huge thank you to all who supported me! And thanks to Worker Bee for jumping in 😊.

Comment

• happybird
            happybird commented
            Editing a comment
            Not the pink sheep!! What a bummer...but better than losing your whole village, for sure! I was so relieved to read your post. Congrats on the save! 🍹🍹

• Astro King
            Astro King commented
            Editing a comment
            Yay!! This call for a celebration! It'll be a real loss to Beeline if you lose and exit the game, for all the solutions and help you've given to the players.

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            Wow, feels good reading all your replies! Your support is great 😘! Mojito's for all 🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸🍸

@Hez-Lynn, not so sure if they realize how many games I helped saving. (With as result they keep on spending!!). Thx for expressing your happiness! It's nice seeing a reply from someone who isn't really active in forum 😊. Why don't you start participating, there are fun times as well you know.

As for the rest of your rant, you are basically right. In general support is ehmm...yeah ehmm. But in this case Worker Bee did jump in. He posted in a different thread he would contact the producer/engineers.

@Happy, yeah so sad about the pink sheep. It's hard to get that one and not sure if I want to spend all that SB on trying again. Wish they could resend me one. (Or enough SB to get it!). Maybe I should contact support about thΓ‘t, LOL!

Happy for you.

Comment

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you. Hope it sticks!

I give up 😑. Could sync and resync perfectly fine until today. Yet again I can't sync to second device. I'm not in the mood to go through all shit again so that's it. Have been deocrating my grove yesterday and somehow that triggered it I assume.
          As my flowers get watered and I can receive gifts the connection to GC is fine. Haven't noticed anything in my village which shouldn't be there, no blueprints or other items.

I decided to take this as a sign. I'm not going to do a 3 day recovery anymore. If my game really gets corrupt I think it's time to stop.

Comment

• Smurfy-smurfy
            Smurfy-smurfy commented
            Editing a comment
            Happened the same thing before to me. I did D&R on the second device and could sync to GC again. I did this for three times and was successful for all.

• Unicorn Smurf
            Unicorn Smurf commented
            Editing a comment
            Well darn it, Tapasz! Maybe Bumble Bee has been introduced to the forum specifically to tackle problems such as the major ones you are encountering. I just feel awful for you. πŸ˜”

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            My main game seems fine. Haven't got time to check the second one carefully yet, maybe only that one is corrupt again. I'm not worried yet πŸ˜‰. Tonight I'll check both and see what happens.
        Working...
        X