Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[iOS+Android] No longer able to collect Coins from Sandboxes and Playground items after updating to version 1.48.0 - 1.49.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [iOS+Android] No longer able to collect Coins from Sandboxes and Playground items after updating to version 1.48.0 - 1.49.0

My Sandboxs + Playhouse was good but after lastest Android version update I can't get coins anymore

Hey there Sara Emir. There was an old bug/exploit where you could collect the coin bonus from playground items more than once a day. It has now been fixed.

Comment

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Speaking of fixes: Will you make a bug fix post? A post about what was changed with this update?

• Spelling Bee
      Spelling Bee commented
      Editing a comment
      Evanna There were changes and bug fixes made in this update, but I don't have a complete list at this time to make a post. I believe they are still evaluating whether the fixes/adjustments etc. are doing what they are supposed to do and everything is working as it should. I'll see about getting a list together.

• Evanna
      Evanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Spelling Bee
      Thank you for letting me know. I thought the post had been skipped because it usually was up very soon after the update posts.

l'm Sorry , I think i don't explain my problem clear
    since the  update , i get nothing =  Zero coins

Comment

Originally posted by Sara Emir View Post
      l'm Sorry , I think i don't explain my problem clear
      since the *update , i get nothing = *Zero*coins
      Sara Emir You should still be able to tap on one of your Sandboxes and do one collection from your Playground items. You shouldn't be able to tap on any other Sandboxes however and collect from your playground items again within the same 24 hour period. You will still see the Collection Bubble over those extra Sandboxes, but tapping on them will yield no new coins. That is the change that was deliberately made in this update.

If you are saying you are not able to collect any coins at all, not even once, then please contact Customer Support.

Comment

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        I just watched mine on the Island, and they are behaving normally– had no problem collecting the total amount from all the sandboxes and the adjoining playhouses.

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        happybird Yeah, it appears the fix only made it into the Android version at this time. If had to guess, I would say it will be implemented in the iOS version with the next update.

I have just realised that all my sandpits are no longer giving me coins. When the little star appears above them and I tap it no coins are generated like they used to.
      I used to rely on them to provide the necessary coins.
      can somebody please tell me how to get them to function again.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        asmurf I've merged your post here with the preexisting topic. Please read the earlier replies for an explanation as to what is going on.

I must be slow or something, but I have just noticed that only one sandpit works now on my island, ie I can no longer harvest coins from the rest of my sandpits. Shame as it took me forever to collect enough coins to buy them.

Comment

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        Evanna The Playground items were designed to allow you to place several of them together and get a big coin bonus once a day. This was supposed to be done by tapping on the Sandbox, which in turn collected all the coins. The previous developer left a bug/exploit in place that allowed us to collect the same once a day bonus from multiple Sandboxes. In effect, giving us more than one daily coin bonus by simply adding more Sandboxes. Some players never abused the exploit, while others built massive coin farms over the years to generate tons of coins. The fix that was just implemented reverts the Sandboxes to how the should have been. You only can collect from one sandbox, once a day. If you have more than one, you won't be able to collect any coins with those extra boxes.

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree that this was an "exploit." This is nerfing a feature, plain and simple.

If it was truly intended to be only one collection of coins per day, why can multiple sandboxes be placed? I've never been able to collect more than once a day - that is a bug, or exploiting a bug.

The sandboxes, as they have worked since their inception years ago, work exactly as they should: each sandbox has a xp star above it, and that star appears once every 24 hours. As it says in the description, the sandbox allows you to collect a coin bonus from other playground equipment. More than one sandbox means more than one collection. That is not an exploit, and I resent it being termed that way. To call it an exploit is pretty dang close to calling it cheating.

Nerfing this feature and trying to pretty it up by calling it a fix for an "exploit" is both transparent and lame.
        Last edited by happybird; 07-04-2017, 06:02 PM.

• Spelling Bee
        Spelling Bee commented
        Editing a comment
        happybird The ability to place more than one may have been part of the problem from the beginning. Given the option of addressing it and removing extra Sandboxes that have already been placed, or addressing it and leaving them in place; I can see why they went with the second one. Again, as Bongfish scours through the code in their efforts to improve our game, it was inevitable that they would come across things that were either ignored, unable to be fixed, or missed by the previous developer. Be they bugs, exploits, or whatever, I don't think they make the decision to act on these things lightly. They have consistently shown that they are listening to our feedback and do want to make things better, not worse.

I totally understand that it can be frustrating from a player perspective when things like this happen. Our knee jerk reaction is to just immediately see it as something being taken away, or having it "nerfed". We don't know if this was causing issues with other aspects of the game code, or if they felt it was something that affected game balance. I don't think I'm alone when I say I would prefer that they err on the side of caution and attempt to fix whatever they bugs, glitches, or balancing issues they come across. I know for a fact they have heard our (and especially Morning Sky's lol) pleas of dealing with the horrible amount of XP needed to progress to higher levels. They are working on that, and much more. Our new Menu that we just got in the 1.49.0 update is another big step towards that direction.

Originally posted by asmurf View Post
      I must be slow or something, but I have just noticed that only one sandpit works now on my island, ie I can no longer harvest coins from the rest of my sandpits. Shame as it took me forever to collect enough coins to buy them.
      Not at all, or just once per day? Because you already made another thread and were linked to a thread about that. You should be able to collect coins once per day, everywhere. But not several times. That was a bug that could be exploited but was fixed.

Comment

Evanna I have a few sandpits in my main village too, but again I can only collect from one of them once a day.
        I have never had the bug where I could collect several times a day and don't know why my original post was moved to that particular thread.

I used to be able to collect once a day from each sandpit on my island and also from each sandpit once a day in mainland area. Now I can collect from one sandpit only once a day in each area which is a shame as it took me a long time to gather enough coins to buy all the sandpits .

Comment

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          asmurf It's a bit confusing I know and I'm very sorry. I'll try and explain what's ben done. You made a new problem topic back on June 28th saying you couldn't collect your coins, so I merged that post here in this preexisting problem topic. You then made a question topic asking for suggestions on how to collect coins because your sandboxes weren't working anymore. I added a link to this problem topic in your question there, so that players had context for what you were talking about.

Today you've made another topic talking about your boxes not working in the chat, so again I've consolidated it here in the problem topic so that we don't have posts about the same issue spread all over the place.

Okay, having read everything again, maybe having more than one sandpit in each area is not allowed though then it should not be b possible to buy more than one in each area. Personally I don't feel it is fair to change the rules just like that, it is not a major advantage to collect your coins this way

Comment

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          asmurf As the new developers go through the game's code more and more, they are fixing all the problems they can. We as players don't really know if this bug may have been causing and issue with something else, and that by fixing it they're doing what we have asked them to do. I can understand your frustration with no longer having an easy revenue source to exploit massive amounts of coins, but there are other ways to earn coins in the game, albeit maybe not as quickly as you were collecting them before.

I originally understood your post the way you meant it (as in, not receiving coins from sandpits at all), but assumed I might have misunderstood. But maybe Spelling Bee misunderstood because somebody else had posted sbout this just two or so days before you and they were talking about the bug.

I think it should be possible to have multiple sandpits and collect from all of them once per day. But to be honest, I only have three in my main village's playground and never checked to see how many reward coins (or whether or not I have the bug). Maybe they accidently disabled the coin collection from several sandpits when fixing the bug? Maybe they programmed it in a way so that one sandpit rewards coins once per day, but that translated to 'one' sandpit and not 'each' sandpit. Because I agree: Each of them should reward coins.

Comment

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Spelling Bee
          Thank you for explaining! I placed some playground items and sandboxes for decorative reasons and had heard of the bug but never cared, so I didn't know how exactly it worked. A moment after replying I thought if maybe it was the case that each sandbox collected from all items and that that was the bug, and it seems that was a correct guess. Do the sandboxes on their own reward anything? Say, somebody got one sandbox, how many xp do they receive? And how many if they have two? Is there a loss that way? Or do the sandboxes reward x xp each and collecting from one sandbox/with firefighter collects one sandbox plus bonus xp from other playground items including however many xp each additional sandbox rewards on its own?

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          Evanna Sorry for not replying sooner, I missed your reply! It's kinda simple once you break it down. You only get XP from the Sandbox itself when initially placing it down for the first time. The amount should be shown in the menu. The Sandbox functions as the Collect all Coins mechanism for the other playground items. So, again after the update you can only do this collect all coins once per day, using only one Sandbox. If you have more than one Sandbox, you can leave them there, or get rid of them. They will still have a collector thing above them, but won't do anything when you tap on it.

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Spelling Bee
          Thanks for replying! Okay, got it. The sandbox only rewards xp when placing it, but no further xp or coins. As there is no info how many coins we get from the playground items upon daily collection and it only states how many xp upon placement, I wasn't sure if the sandbox itself rewards anything.

Dear all, does this mean I have to delete ALL sandboxes except one? Can I retain the playground items, and will they generate coins?
        I feel it is a great pity that Bongfish takes away our ability to collect coins, after all we did pay for the boxes...

Comment

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          You don't have to delete anything. You can keep whatever you want, you 'just' won't get multiples bonuses anymore.

From what I understand it's like this: Every playground item rewards coins. You place one sandbox and surround it with other playground items. Once every 24 hours, you can collect the coins by clicking on that one sandbox (or using Firefighter). So any playground item you have adds to the coin bonus you receive.
          What they changed now is that you could collect from all playground items several times by tapping on each sandbox. That apparently wasn't originally intended. You get a coin bonus from each playground item once, whereas before each playground item rewarded coins several times - once per box you have placed instrad of once per 24h.

Spelling Bee hasn't answered my question about whether each sandbox itself offers a reward or is only used to collect the reward from other items. Depending on that, you 'should' keep each sandbox to gather more coins (no extra bonus from the other items but at least each sandbox rewards coins) or you can delete all but one to free up space because they are useless.

• Spelling Bee
          Spelling Bee commented
          Editing a comment
          Evanna Hey there dear! Answered your reply above. Sorry again for not doing it sooner!

Dear Evanna, thanks for your update! I will delete a few of my sandboxes, I really need the space.

Comment

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          You're welcome. Spelling Bee just replied: Only one sandbox is needed. Every additional one has no use. So you can get rid of all but one or keep however many you want to keep.

i have like 30 sandbox and only one of them work, other will not give money after I tap on it pls fix it, I'm on the newest version so pls fix this bug,it's happening since the last update

Comment

Originally posted by Plant King View Post
          i have like 30 sandbox and only one of them work, other will not give money after I tap on it pls fix it, I'm on the newest version so pls fix this bug,it's happening since the last update
          Plant King welcome to the Community Forum! I've moved your post to this preexisting topic so that you can see what's going on with the Sanboxes. Please just reply back if you still have any questions.

Comment

Working...
          X