Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS] Lost my level 61 Smurfs' Village on my iOS device and the hidden Recovery tool is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PS] Lost my level 61 Smurfs' Village on my iOS device and the hidden Recovery tool is not working

Dear friends, I hadn't moved to this forum from the old one yet, as I find it hard to orientate. But now I had a nearly empty village this morning, and when trying to restore via Papa Smurf's head, I got Gargamel telling me what always says at level 1... ("I nearly got those smurfs" or something like that). Actually, I should be at level 61. I tried to find all those helpful hints in this new forum, but after nearly an hour I have given up. Can someone tell me the link, please? Or copy in here what to do next?
    Or maybe I just should stop playing, this is so dreadful...

Oh no!!!! Jundarer!!!
    wait. Let me check your GC save. brb.

Comment

Crossed fingers it's still online! Don't understand that restore point is on level one though? Are you sure you hit the recover tap? It should say recover...not restore!

Comment

I checked. Your village is saved at level 61 on GC. So all we need to do is get your device to sync back to your Game Centre save.

Comment

You around Jundarer??

Comment

I saw your other post first, so I will leave the same message here: I just checked and your village shows up as level 61 on my friends list. I gifted at 11pm EST (about 5 hours ago) and everything looked normal in your village then. So sorry you are having issues My fingers are crossed for a recovery.

Comment

What worries me is the restore point being level 1. If that's true we can't use the "normal" way to get it back...it's too risky. I really hope it was a mistake as nowadays the restore tab is next to the recover tab....

Comment

• happybird
                happybird commented
                Editing a comment
                I did a recovery a few days ago and hit the reset game button by mistake. Almost gave me a freaking heart attack

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                I can imagine that! That's why I think Jundarer used the wrong button...

Hi Caro and Tapasz and Happybird, thanks! But no, I did not hit the wrong button... 16 times Papa Smurf, then next to him "recover". I got a list with ten villages and tried to preview the newest - got Gargamel. Then I started all over and tried the second one - same thing. What is strange is that the newest village shown was already 10 days old (2014-02-11).
              Last edited by jundarer; 02-21-2014, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Do you have a recent backup? As your village still shows level 61 for your friends you can still get that one online. You might lose out the two weeks but that's nothing compared to starting over. (And yeah...something completely wrong with GC saves right now. Busy trying to find out for the crashing thread)

Comment

Do you have access to a second iOS device?

Comment

My last last backup (when I connected the i-pod to my laptop) might be 2 or 3 months ago... My fault. No second IOS devices, only Androids...

Comment

Oops....that's a shame. Let me think what's best now...

Comment

Can you make a backup now?

Comment

• Caro
                          Caro commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Won't that make a backup of the level 1 village?

• Tapasz
                          Tapasz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Like I said...don't know if restore points will be included after recovering from backup. If so it's an extra save 😉

Don't do anything yet Jundarer. Hi Tapasz, would it be a good idea for Jundarer to do a straight D&R? Then sync the good level 61 village to the device?

Comment

• Tapasz
                          Tapasz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          NO!! (Don't mean to shout but just warning here)

• Tapasz
                          Tapasz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Hi Caro...if you read through the rest of thread now you'll know why starting with D&R isn't always the best choice 😉. Jurandarer would have lost all recovery points that way and without a decent backup I would always try other options first 😉. (Not meant as attack only as a warning for all players to not start with D&R)

Problem is that if you D&R you'll lose all your restore points. If you go online with the current village it might overwrite the GC save with your level 1 village. As I don't know if restore points will stay visible after restoring from a backup I think it might be wise to try something different here.

Comment

Working...
                        X