Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[PS] Lost my level 61 Smurfs' Village on my iOS device and the hidden Recovery tool is not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try selecting the first recovery point without gargamel.

Comment

Probably I don't get you right. Restore point, recovery point, what do you mean with that?
      I can't see if Gargamel would show up before I preview one of those villages from the list.

Comment

Sorry to confuse you! I mean preview villages from the list and select the first one which doesn't show gargamel. If you exit that one after preview it will ask you if you want to recover (or restore) that village. Choose yes.

Comment

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          I have tried several ones, even the oldest, and I always see Gargamel and hear his scary music...:-((

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Stay offline for now!! You can preview all villages and see if there's one which is ok. If gargamel shows just choose no if they ask you to recover that one and preview the next.

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually I can't choose YES or NO onec I have previewed a village. Instead of a preview I always get the screen full with Gargamel and his cat, house and moon in the background, telling me: "I was so CLOSE to catching those annoying little Smurfs!" which is level 1, I guess. I only can exit, close the game completely, start all over. Takes time, and always there's is Gargamel. Obviously no village at a higher level.

Pfff....all of them show gargamel? Ok...if so my second option won't work...

is there the slightest change you can get your hands on another device?

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Does he play SV as well?

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          No. I don't know anyone in real life who plays SV.

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          This is perfect! I'll make a new post with instructions! (All the comments is so difficult to follow up)

This is the strangest thing as you describe it. Please stay offline until further notice. We don't want to let that village overwrite your GC

Comment

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          Would you like to be my friend, at least for 5 min?

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course! Copy your ID in here, you can delete it aftewards

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          It's just jundarer...

So if I understand correctly you never got to preview a single village. When you try to preview it goes back to gargamel scene?

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          No that's not the preview. I think the gargamel cut scene has to be passed before you're able to preview but not sure.

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          So I tried to conjure up another Gargamel and this time clicked through the whole dialogue with his cat. Tapasz, in the end I did not see a small village at level 1, but a level 61 village!!! I have not done anything yet - what should I do?? Sitting here and staring at the screen. (I'm still offline with the ipod.) This might even work with a newer village!?

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Select the newest village you can find this way!!

Instructions for your friend:
        Install SV. Open the game directly from app and play through the gargamel cut scene. Finish the first tasks (can't remember what they are). Buy some flowers and play around for a few minutes. Fully exit the app (through statusbar). Let them sign in with your GC info. Open SV through GC. The popup should show which village to choose. Let them choose online village (your level 61). WARNING: If the popup doesn't show let them close out immediately!!

Comment

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          At the moment he has to work.. It's midday here. Just thinking who else owns any IOS device... What about my offline level 61 village - see comment 36.3. above? Does this help?

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep! No need to call the troups just yet. I am sure you can get your village back. See comment below!

Select the newest village you can find. Recover/restore that one. Play around for a while and make some changes. Add some flowers or whatever to make sure it will save to device. Close the app. Turn wifi on again. Start SV through GC. The popup should show which village to choose. If you succeeded in recovering last nights village I would choose the device one...
        Last edited by Tapasz; 02-21-2014, 05:52 AM.

Comment

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait...on previwe you got to see level 61 and after recovering you got back to gargamel? Please be as detailed as possible because this is very important!!

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, exactly. I had to go through the scene again then. But after that, there was level 61 nevertheless.

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Great! Now you can follow all instructions above.

Are there many differences between the village you recovered just now and your online one? If you gained a few SB you might want to choose your online village anyway. As your restore points still work you can always retry this if anything is wrong with your online village
        Last edited by Tapasz; 02-21-2014, 06:13 AM. Reason: Can't type

Comment

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Tapasz, back to the forum after some days, just to tell you that I finally did a backup! (It was a bit tricky to get i-tunes running again.) And the village is still doing fine, no Gargamel lurking around (really not? maybe behind that tree? ).
          Thanks again!

• jundarer
          jundarer commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Tapasz, back to the forum after some days, just to tell you that I finally did a backup! (It was a bit tricky to get i-tunes running again.) And the village is still doing fine, no Gargamel lurking around (really not? maybe behind that tree? ).
          Thanks again!

• Tapasz
          Tapasz commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey! Good to see you made a backup. Now do this regularly to avoid future problems 😉. Glad I could help you out there and enjoy your village!

Still pondering... why did this happen? Why did I see that empty village this morning? Will it happen again? Where lies the problem, is it Game Center, is it the app?

Comment

Wow! Talk about suspense .... I have been holding my breath for so long following Jundarer's plight that my husband thought I was having some kind of medical emergency!

Sigh .... a collective sigh of relief for you Jundarer.

Applause .... a round of applause for Tapasz! 👏

Comment

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, that's sweet!

Nobody knows...it can be a mix of all. And yes...it can happen again without warning. Make sure you backup your game regularly. And you might want to bookmark this topic in case it happens again 😄.

Anyway...all is good again! And now I have to run and do some stuff if you don't mind 😉. Enjoy your level 61 village!!

Comment

• Smurfarella
            Smurfarella commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm happy for you jundarer ! Imagine having to start over from there! I wish someone could magically get my level 55 back! I still haven't heard from Beeline, I crashed on 2/11. I still can tap Papa and view my saved village, the smurfs are still there dancing at the disco and playing on all their cool toys - wave at me when tapped, very frustrating. How long should it take for Beeline to answer?

I love a happy ending!!!

Comment

Ahhh all ended well!! Very happy 4 U Jundarer!
            Last edited by Gio!!; 02-21-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

I'm happy for you jundarer ! Imagine having to start over from there! I wish someone could magically get my level 55 back! I still haven't heard from Beeline, I crashed on 2/11. I still can tap Papa and view my saved village, the smurfs are still there dancing at the disco and playing on all their cool toys - wave at me when tapped, very frustrating. How long should it take for Beeline to answer?
              Hi Smurfarella, noticed your problems in the other thread earlier. As I really don't know anything about the Android version I didn't reply there. I'm very sorry for you and hope there's a magical way to get your village online again. Usually Beeline answers you to start over and reclaim all purchases through their support page. What happened in here is purely community support, one smurf fan helping out the other....
              Again, very sorry for you and I hope the next update fixes your problems.

Comment

Working...
              X