Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to go back and obtain Reporter's Calendar Prizes if you've missed them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to go back and obtain Reporter's Calendar Prizes if you've missed them?

Can you recover your village to go back & get Reporter’s prize? I missed end of week prize, & of course it was actually a good one this time & I missed it!

Guinea Girl Unfortunately, no it is not possible. If you miss any days, you can only use Smurfberries to get yourself current so that you do not miss anymore.

Comment

Thank you. I wish we had the option to pay SB if we missed the end of week prize to still get it. Maybe it could be half the amount of SB of what it cost from the store.

I’m also one that liked getting the sheep. That way if I wanted to buy one for another area I could still have 1 in my MV also w/o feeling like I was spending all my SB. Maybe occasionally bring back the sheep as a reporter prize...

Comment

• Evanna
        Evanna commented
        Editing a comment
        Many people would like that. The explanation as for why we don't get prizes we missed and why we have to pay for missed days was that it'd be too cheap and easy to just get online once on the last day and pay some berries to get all prizes. I get that... But I'm a player who is online everyday so if for some reason I can't make it on one day or forget it somehow, it's a bit of a blow. I get why it's done, though. But as you said, maybe it could be possible to pay half the menu price for the missed item. Or at least do that if a certain percentage of log ins has been reached? Say 80 or 90%? If a user hasn't been online x percent of the previous days, they may not collect the prize.

Same. I miss the sheep. I liked receiving them and they were a good prize. And a better and more valuable prize than what we are getting now 😐

I personally don't even like Reporter's new reward system. Sure, the weekly item is nice but if you miss one day you are either forced to pay Smurfberries or wait until the next update. That's why I don't even pay the berries to catch up on Reporter, it's the principal of the matter. If I ever want the item I'll buy it later because the items are always items you can buy with berries from the shop.

Comment

Personally I love Reporters new system. We get way better prizes everyday. We get berries, resources, coins, xp and sb items all for free. It’s actually pretty awesome!! But I do wish he would go back to giving gifts from the current update. I thought that was pretty cool, especially for newer players who don’t have a lot of sb. And I know I said I was getting tired of the sheer volume of sheep being added to a smurfs game, but if they are being added anyway then I think having the sheep as a prize again would be good.

Ultimate one way to look at it is that you can easily make that one sb you spent when you missed a day back by watching videos. Plus we get 70+ free sb a week from Wonders, plus occasional sb from Jokey, mini games, diving, digging, craters etc. It’s really easy to earn a minimum of 100sb a week in this game without even spending any money. Paying 1 sb for missing one day seems perfectly fair with how easily we get sb now. But I do also think that you should get the prize you missed if you only missed one day.

Comment

• Ultimate
          Ultimate commented
          Editing a comment
          I completely see your point, I'm pretty sure everybody agrees that it would be nice to at least get the missed items for paying berries even if we don't get all the other resource prizes.

I’m an everyday player too. If I miss getting Reporter it’s not because I didn’t play, it’s just because It was late before I got to play & because I was trying to get crops first, & then get side tracked with mini games... & then it’s past midnight & I’m just too late😩- - - really stinks! Don’t mind paying to get caught up, just hate when it’s an end of week prize that I missed! Especially any animal.

Comment

• Schtroumpfette
          Schtroumpfette commented
          Editing a comment
          Exactly this. Or, I go looking for him, can't locate him, and then get distracted on crops or collecting XP, playing minigames, etc.

I can't find the thread about Reporter charging SB for days you did NOT miss, if there is one? I searched and found comments about it in various threads, but no set topic. I figured this thread was pretty close, and I didn't want to start a duplicate topic, in case one does already exist.

Yesterday, at about 3 AM (on Monday the 3rd), I was charged 1 SB for missing a day. That was valid, I did miss Sunday the 2nd. I paid the 1 SB and then collected the prize for Monday. I noted that the next square was my Day 14 on the calendar (I updated late).

Flash forward to 30 minutes ago.

It's now 2 AM on Tuesday the 4th. I logged in to collect from Reporter, expecting to get the Day 14 prize. But, Reporter charged me another SB and did not pay the reward. I was all caught up after having paid for Sunday and doing an on-time collection Monday. I definitely did not owe another SB. There was no day to miss between my log-in on Monday AM and my log-in on Tuesday AM.

This overcharging has happened to me a few times now. I'm not 100% sure, but I think each time it has happened has been after I've had to pay to get caught up? Like maybe the game isn't registering that I already paid? Since I already have one of the pull-up bars, I'm not too torn up about not getting my prize. But, if it had been something I don't yet have, or something I really wanted, I'd be pretty annoyed right now.
        Last edited by happybird; 09-03-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Cupcake
          Thank you! I was just going to look for my thread and tell happybird that I made one some time ago.

It happened to my friend a few more times and to me once more since then. I have taken to making screenshots every day - but guess what: I didn't take screenshots for two days and as Murphy dictates, one of these days was one where I was charged wrongfully. :/ I ''missed'' two days this month. One day I believe I might have genuinely missed, the other I know I haven't.

• happybird
          happybird commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Cupcake! I never noticed the setting before, and was on like page 7 of what must have been "Since Last Update" results before I gave up. Adjusting the setting will make my searches a lot more easier. Do you all think I should add my post to the thread, or maybe ask Spelling Bee to transfer it? That way all the info is in the same spot.

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d just go ahead and post an abbreviated version there.

It's no longer worth spending smurfberries to catch up . The new calender weekly prizes now include coin items . I just got a bookcase worth 800 coins...

Comment

Spooky Smurf Aww that's disappointing.

Comment

I thought if you missed collecting from reporter smurf and you pay the smurfberries; you collected the missed items then you are able to collect the new item. Has this changed with new updates? Or am I mistaken and you pay the smurfberries to get the new reward since the start of the new reporter?

Comment

• Cupcake
              Cupcake commented
              Editing a comment
              I’ve moved your post over to an existing topic where the question was asked and answered. Next time you have a problem or question, please do a search before starting a new topic as you may be able to find information to help you more quickly!

You do only get the most recent award. So miss 3 days and pay 3 berries and you get the reward for that day, not all previous ones.

Comment

Working...
            X