Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on iOS unable to access SV had the problem resolved?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on iOS unable to access SV had the problem resolved?

Hi! Straight after installing update 1.99 (theme park with rollercoaster) my village became inaccessible. The loading screen is very slow, then sometimes a quick glimpse of the new goodies on offer, then a tiny peek at what I can see is my village, then I’m booted off, back to iPad home screen.

I do still get regular notifications on my home screen that tell me my smurf has found a blue broken star in a crater etc

I tried updating to version 2.00 last week, but still the same problem remains. I had put in a ticket, and I was told the engineers were working on the Analytics data I shared with them, but it’s been 3 weeks now...... however I appreciate they’re working from home under very difficult Covid circumstances, and I can see there’ve been lots of recommendations to put in tickets both here and on Facebook about the Reporter bug etc and other matters indicating corruption, so they’re busy.

The only details I can think of that might, with hindsight, indicate corruption are that one of my huts (Archaeologist’s, I think, on the mountain) disappeared years ago, and Beeline simply sent me another one. And, from when I joined the friending system last year, one of my friends has never been able to access my village - any attempt causes their village to crash.

However, others in my friends’ group can still see my village even now and are able to gift.

I’ve looked for comparable problems, and the nearest to mine I can find is Tapasz from 2013, and I know that player stopped playing many years ago.

I’m wondering if it’s End Times for me too, after 5 years playing and on level 129. My swan song may have been winning 500 smurfberries in the Summer party contest recently! I really hope this is not the end: I so enjoy playing and contributing to the Forum community.

My question is: can anyone give me hope, showing that they have come back from something like this?
    Cupcake. If there’s a more recent thread that that of Tapasz where this should go, apologies, and please will you move it for me? Many thanks

Hi Chat Noir. I am going to leave this right here so that, if anyone has had recent problems, they will see this and post it here. Yours is not the usual case- it may be that your village had an odd corruption, as huts just don’t disappear for no reason. At this point, let’s see what you hear from others. I am also going to PM you.

Comment

Am really hoping you can get this sorted Chat noir. I was able to visit your Village and gift you up to earlier this week but unfortunately now every time I try it crashes my game... Don’t give up tho, it might get sorted, and even if it doesn’t, as gut-wrenching as that will be, you can start over. I completely lost my old game, that I’d been playing almost since the start, but actually re-building was fun. You must certainly not quit the Forum under any circumstances! 🤞🤗

Comment

• Lilly
        Lilly commented
        Editing a comment
        I was able to access your village until Monday or Tuesday and now it boots me out just like @cosmickitten

I hope they can fix it for you soon. Or if you need to restart a new one... I’ve done that before it can be fun. 🙂 So don’t give up. ❤️

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Beastly, all I can say is that I have been forced to restart quite a few times over the years and I have like Cupcake enjoyed it a lot. Our very old villages can become slightly boring.

• IslandLife
        IslandLife commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh no Chat noir !! I was hoping that this was fixed.
        The only vague reason that I could come up with for not being able to visit your village was that it was "too large" for the amount of memory allocated to SV on my Android phone. I have no idea if that's how phone apps work. But it was so odd that I could visit other villages, and never yours, without the crashing that others are now experiencing.
        It makes me think that there may have been some problematic item / corruption in there from before you joined the friending system.
        I really hope this is fixed.
        🤞🍀🤞🍀🤞🍀🤞

I had a hutt turn into a tree. So I replaced the hutt immediately and deleted the tree. I am on android. Been watching my village like a hawk. I do remember a while ago spelling bee stated if a hutt disappeared to replace it immediately. So that is what I did. The hutt that turned into a tree was also a mini game where you collect berries. The tree it turned into was one of those fruit trees you harvest except this tree was massive compared to my other fruit trees which are part of an orchard I created.

Hopefully the team can get your village up and running again

Comment

• asmurf
        asmurf commented
        Editing a comment
        Very weird🤭

Have you tried to open your village on a device where the game has not yet been played?

Comment

Cupcake. cosmickitten. Lilly. asmurf. debbles smurf. Morning Sky (and a second message from FaryalSia in another thread) Thank you all for your support and suggestions. In hope.....
        Last edited by Chat noir; 09-13-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Ooohhh I'm hoping sooo hard you get to keep your village! I had a scare last year and was just heartbroken and too depressed to even visit the forum for awhile. But I agree that our old villages can get boring for us. Right now I kind of hate my island and want to redo it after seeing what lovely things other have done with their islands. But it's going so slow because I don't even know where to start! I only recently couldn't visit your village, and it crashed my game. It always appears "online", so I was still able to drop some gifts out of high hopes you'd return to lots of gifts despite you being unable to get into the game. Tamara Abbott had to recently start over again, but Bongfish was able to restore some items and smurfberries to her...so hopefully, while I hope it doesn't come to that, PopReach would do something similar for you!!
          Last edited by FaryalSia; 09-14-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Any progress with your Village Chat noir? I’m able to visit your game again, it doesn’t crash anymore, although I can’t leave a gift as it says you are not updated. But positive signs maybe?? 🤞😊

Comment

• Chat noir
              Chat noir commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for this: would be really good if it were a step on the right road! I’ve passed on your comment to Neil_E at PopReach

My heroes Mirza and Neil_E. ,the engineers PopReach. , and Cupcake have expended a huge amount of effort on my village, and it has today been returned to me, just one level down!!! I was beginning to lose hope, but they just carried on working at it, and I am so very grateful! I’d really like to thank everyone who supported me with friendly comments and advice: I hope I haven’t missed anyone off the following list, but I really did appreciate every message!

​​​ cosmickitten. IslandLife. FaryalSia. Unicorn Smurf. Lilly. asmurf. debbles smurf. Morning Sky. yosinori saitou Twinkiepie. Tamara Abbott. Schtroumpfette. ChristalWest. Phil Teo SpeedySmurf. Schlumpfin. AlleycatttSmurf.

​​​​​​​THANK YOU!!!

Comment

• FaryalSia
              FaryalSia commented
              Editing a comment
              I was sooooo excited and relieved to have one of my smurfiest neighbors back! 🎁

• asmurf
              asmurf commented
              Editing a comment
              Brilliant 🥳🥳🥳🥳 I am so pleased Chat noir , enjoy

• IslandLife
              IslandLife commented
              Editing a comment
              Fantastic news Chat noir ! I am so happy you have your village back (with all dragons present and accounted for I hope). And do you know HOW I know it's back to normal...? Because I still can't visit you! 😅😭😅😭🤤
              Maybe I should enlist the help of these PopReach lifesavers.
              Still... whooop whoooop! Such great news!
          Working...
          X