X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oups. Please add me ;-)

Comment

GC: jumpertje , lvl 57, Daily player, have enough resources only need some bolts

Comment

• bloodbandit
        bloodbandit commented
        Editing a comment
        Pls accept fr

GC name sanctuary I'd like to be friends although I have no idea what gifting is about

Comment

• happybird
        happybird commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi, Aidenpaul! Gifting is great! The best part is getting to see what cool things your neighbors have built and getting new ideas for your own village. A good place to start making friends is to send Game Center requests to people who have listed their ID on this thread. As you settle into your own pattern of gifting, you will be able to friend other people through recommendations.

Most of the players who take the time to gift everyday expect their neighbors to do the same, which is fair. Some people gift once a week or some do it a few times a week. The best thing to do is try to match up with people who gift at the same rate that you do. This usually works by trial and error, so don't get discouraged or offended if someone unfriends you. That usually just means that they are gifting at a different rate than you are. And certainly don't be shy about unfriending people yourself! It is very frustrating to send someone gifts for days and weeks on end and never receive one back.

That being said, gifting is not just about getting stuff! It is also about making smurfy friends and supporting each other. You get to help friends collect enough resources for building projects like the castle or Clockwork Smurf. People will often leave messages to skip them for a while if they can't gift, because of things like illness, vacation, or just plain being too busy. Everyone understands that RL gets in the way sometimes.

The other part of gifting is watering. In the main village, if your friends' flower boxes need watered, a watering can will appear above the box. You tap on it and the flowers will regrow for your friend. You can also water palm trees on the island. As of now, there are no tasks to do on the mountain and planet, but you can visit them and have a look around.

A blue ribbon will appear on a friend's village every day. That means Marco Smurf is in that village. When you find him and tap on him, he will give you a gift when you return to your own village. He moves around to the different villages on your friends list and it is easier to find him if you wait until he is visiting a village that has a lot of open space and all the smurfs are actively farming.

A couple more other things: you can only gift once every 23 hours. If you are a daily gifter, once you pick a time, you are kind of stuck with it, unless you skip a day. It is a bit of a pain, so choose your gifting time wisely. Also, it is helpful to pick a special spot in each friend's village and leave your gift in that same spot each time. The server sometimes leaves the tag 'someone' on gifts instead of a name, and this helps clear any confusion about who sent the gift. Also, use the gifting signs and/or your Game Center name to display your gift preferences. That way, your friends know what to leave you. And, of course, look for them in friends' villages so you can leave them their preferred gift. If nothing is indicated, any gift will do. If a friend is 'away' it is good to leave wood, stone, or dye. That way, if gifts get stacked on top of each other, they will still be received.

Wow! I didn't set out to write a book on gifting, just general info and a few tips, lol! Gifting is not as complicated as this makes it look, I swear! Once you get into your pattern, it can be done quickly and efficiently each day. I find it to be fun and very rewarding. Good luck to you, and I am sending you a friend request
        Last edited by happybird; 01-12-2014, 02:34 PM.

• tzr1877
        tzr1877 commented
        Editing a comment
        happybird. .... that is a fantastic synopsis on gifting. This should be highlighted for future reference for new players. I especially like your comments on unfriending .... something I have struggled with .... feeling so bad about doing it but when I finally did so, my frustration diminished.

Thanks for the informative posting I've also just realised that my GC name is wrong (spell checker) its sactuary sorry

Comment

Daily player, please add me

GC: evilhomer1

Comment

• michel.springer
          michel.springer commented
          Editing a comment
          As you select the house of miner and timber then you see a green part. If you put there stone/wood, you Will recieve more daily resources.

Wil keep giving you dye on daily base

• bloodbandit
          bloodbandit commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent fr - pls add me

Thx sactuary, only 8 bolts to go, your village looks Nice btw, i love it, i find Some good ideas!!! I wonder if you recieve my present too.

Comment

• Aidanpaul
          Aidanpaul commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes thanks you should be down to 6 bolts now I'm in need of seeds lol

• michel.springer
          Editing a comment
          Yeeessss i finish clock smurf....i Will start sending you seeds btw

Sactuary fyi mine gc: jumpertje Bolts plz I really want to know if you recieve mine present.i give daily presents to other players for more then 3 weeks now but i almost don't get gifts back

Comment

You too thx evilhomer, can you also comfirm if you recieven mine gift

Comment

This request expires after Jan 31, 2014 please. I'm looking for a few friends to liven up my smurf playing experience. I gift daily but will be ok with gifts that only come 4-5 times a week. I prefer friends that enjoy doing fascinating things with their villages and mostly need stone at moment but a few bolts right now would be helpful as well. GC: :Nutmegan: (I've added a few of you here already. Thank you, your villages are lovely.)

Comment

• LightofFire
              LightofFire commented
              Editing a comment
              Got your request and leave my gift at your planet today!

• Nutmegan
              Nutmegan commented
              Editing a comment
              That's wonderful. Thank you. Your village is very cute especially the mountain area.

Lightoffire, what is your gc? I would-be love to see your village. Mine gc is changed after i have recieve enough bolts (special thx to sactuary) to : jumpertjes

Comment

• michel.springer
              Editing a comment
              Thx, ive got it. Your villages are awesome..i.ve left some wood in the white spot near the beach and gives your flowers some water. I Will definitly keep daily visiting your lovely village!

• LightofFire
              LightofFire commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you very much! Glad you like visiting me!

• MarenKat
              MarenKat commented
              Editing a comment
              Michel, I have added you but cannot find, what gift you need. Can you tell me?
              Last edited by MarenKat; 02-07-2014, 07:38 AM.

@Michel S, I left a msg for you in the gifting chit chat topic

Comment

Every time I come on the forum I get the itch to post my GC handle here and add more friends to my village.
              My GC handle is trixmack

I have over 40 friends and try to gift every day but because of the 23/24h circulation on it I miss a lot of days - unfortunately. And usually get only back 4-5 of the gifts sent out and most of the time have no idea who sent it because it's "SOMEONE".

I usually gift on either shore of MV/island right beside the SS. Smurf's planks (or if there is a designated area for gifts I will leave it there.)
              Most of the time I will gift resources.

If daily gifting and receiving is important to you pls wait to add me till Beeline changes the gifting to once every calendar day

Thank you in advance!

Comment

• bloodbandit
                bloodbandit commented
                Editing a comment
                LightofFire uses that spot too
                Maybe if u leave it on the other side - beside Smurfette?!

• Stacy9107
                Stacy9107 commented
                Editing a comment
                Sorry! Just seen this, been a hectic weekend. I have already gifted today but will move to the other side tomorrow

• Pixlax
                Pixlax commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh blood bandit you are trixmack😊, sometimes I find your gifts hidden, makes me laugh

Looking for new friends. GC: MarenKat - XP please I gift as often as I can but sometimes family and job goes first. It would be nice if you could state what gift you need.

Comment

• bloodbandit
                bloodbandit commented
                Editing a comment
                Sent you a fr request (from trixmack) pls accept.
                Will leave gifts on either side of the pond beside the ship and usually leave resources if there is no other wish

• MarenKat
                MarenKat commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi Stacy! I have left my gift at your playground at the end of the slide. I will stay at the slide place no matter where it will move during decoration ;-)
                Vanity is fine for me.

@ trixmack: Hi! I didn't receive your request so far so I put it the other way round. I send you one. Looking forward to visit your village! If you have a playground I will leave my gift there. If not I will give you a short notice here which spot I take.
                Last edited by MarenKat; 02-08-2014, 05:16 AM.

• bloodbandit
                bloodbandit commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you MarenKat!

Oh I forgot my SV is on level 67 :-)

Comment

Hello MarenKat!! Great to see you in here
                You have been a fabulous Smurfy friend for such a long time. Thank you for all your gifts! I have always wanted to say that you have a really pretty village

Comment

• Caro
                  Caro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Isn't it great that we can find our smurf friends here! And BTW....I love your pink sheep avatar!!

And you can make smiley faces with an emoji keyboard, but I just use the dots and brackets and it makes a smile, or the dots and a D, and it makes a laugh.

• Caro
                  Caro commented
                  Editing a comment
                  AND...for goodness sake, the crashing on gifting is so bad tonight, I can't even get to your village!! Arrrggghh.

• MarenKat
                  MarenKat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No problem Caro! :-) and thank you for your help!
              Working...
              X