Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happybird's overview of making friends and the gifting process!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling Bee
    commented on 's reply
    happybird I'll just go ahead and close the topic so that it cannot be replied to anymore. So much has changed in the last four years.

• happybird
    replied
    Spelling Bee Is it possible to put a bolded note or disclaimer on this thread, somewhere obvious in the OP? This thread keeps getting unearthed every few months and, since GC is now defunct, much of the information in it is no longer valid.

Leave a comment:

• BabySmurfFan
    commented on 's reply
    Happybird, I would like to add you, what is your FC? Mine is Bebe Meme.

• happybird
    commented on 's reply
    Hi, Vena1,

Sadly, in the iOS9 update, Apple discontinued Game Center. It is no longer possible to make new friends in Smurfs' Village, or any other game, through GC. Friends made prior to iOS9 still appear, but that's all the app is good for anymore. Even if you don't have iOS9 or 10, GC friending still won't work- any friend requests sent simply disappear into limbo.

Developers were advised to create their own in-game friending systems or to have players use Facebook. So, right now, the only way to make SV friends is through Facebook.😕

Bongfish has been working on a new friending system for SV and we are all hoping they will have good news to share soon!

• Vena1
    replied
    Hello! I would love some Smurfy new friends. I’m happy to gift, water or just admire the creativity of others. Please add me, my GC name is Emmett-19. Thank you❣️

Leave a comment:

• happybird
    commented on 's reply
    I think of Bublik every time I use a giant zen tile.

• happybird
    replied
    I haven't looked at this in a long time and realized it needs a little update. There has been a big change to gifting! After years of requests from forum members, Beeline indulged us and changed when you can gift!! Yay! Gifting now resets at midnight in all villages. You can now send your gifts any time you like, with no worries about getting locked into a certain gifting time (like described in the original post). This was a super improvement that makes gifting a lot more fun and convenient.

Also, the links to the Big Giant Lists didn't make it into this thread. The Big Giant Lists are where you can post and find Game Center IDs or Facebook information in order to make new friends. Here are links to those threads:

iOS (Apple): http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...ge-ios-players
    Android: http://forums.beeline-i.com/forum/ma...ndroid-players

Leave a comment:

• Pachemz
    replied
    That's so true about different gifting rates. I play everyday therefore I gift and water plants everyday. Not all my friends play everyday and I usually end up unfriending them. I have three friends right now who haven't even updated yet and I only added them because they posted about wanting friends for gifting reasons. I usually give people 2 weeks before unfriending. It's too bad though, one particular friend could have been getting a bolt from me everyday.

Leave a comment:

• mimipimp044
    replied
    Je parle seulement français....add me

Leave a comment:

• tzr1877
    commented on 's reply
    Happy to add her .... I did not know how to add friends when I first started and I really don't like Facebook so I missed out on loads of inspiration and fun in the early days.

• Amberglass
    commented on 's reply
    True that Bossy! I have been weaning out my friends lately.

• Amberglass
    replied
    Great post tzr.... I have a friend that's just starting out and is a serious gamer....she gifts every day. Her name is Anniebur 1... She's a nice person looking for Smurfy friends! If you are looking for friends please add her !

Leave a comment:

• Aidanpaul
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks you are my font of knowledge

• happybird
    commented on 's reply
    In iOS 7, Apple changed how you edit your GC name. You have to go into the device settings, find GC (on the left, in the group with iTunes and photos) and log in with your Apple password. Then, you can change your name in the GC profile.

I really preferred the way it was in iOS 6- you could do everything from inside the GC app. The process is the same, it is just in a different place. I don't like change, lol!

• Aidanpaul
    replied
    I'm so glad my novice question produced this excellent answer from happybird and in the process I've made some friends I have one more question how do you get the gift needed into your village name?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X