Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some users afe talking about gifting but I can't find their gc. Is this because they already shared their gc on the old forum?
    Last edited by Clumsy; 03-02-2014, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• I'm having more crashing than ever before. Normally I only have a few that crash, but after a few attempts I usually get in ..... Lilpseudo almost always crashes on me.... I keep trying though. I see that Purple has unfriended me. :-(

Comment

• Purple!
        Purple! commented
        Editing a comment
        Amberglass, I would never unfriend you! You are still there and I try to gift you everyday! But you and Martin Hall are the hardest to reach! But so many of the villages crash now I just stop listed them on this thread. I try to gift everyday, but if you are not getting gifts from me it is because I cannot get into your village! Hopefully with the next update they will fix the issues!

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Cathy, it seems that many friends' lists are not loading completely- that may be what is happening to you...

• Amberglass
        Amberglass commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm certainly glad to hear that Purple....You vanished from my friends, but now your back......I've never noticed all my friends not loading before...My game has been doing silly things lately. I thought maybe you were fed up with not getting into my village. :-)
        Thanks Cupcake!

• Hope no-one minds I was having a sticky beak at everyone's planet and I I gifted everyone there tonight, I will be back to my original place (beside the wharf) as usual tomorrow G.C is gf3 potted flowers thanks BTW. There are some gorgeous looking planets out there!

Comment

• chickadee2013
        chickadee2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Nat! Good idea. I got yours on my planet yesterday - thanks! I've had more visitors on the planet since the update. I've already done some gifting this morning but I think I might leave mine on the planets this evening too.

• Nat Curry
        Nat Curry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks chickadee I'm always in awe of friends villages you are all so talented.

• Erin, I missed gifting you last night - not because you're away but because of crashing. I was going to try to gift you with the ones I gift in the morning but realised this afternoon I'd missed you so gifted you late afternoon. I'm wondering if you hadn't loaded on my neighbourhood map and that's how I missed you. It's been happening a bit lately so I have to work off my list. Luckily no crashing this afternoon on your village. Martin, still crashing on your village but the night isn't over yet.

Comment

• *ERINSR
        *ERINSR commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for letting me know Chickadee. Just so no one is worried, I'm having some Internet problems so have been playing offline for the most part. I should be back to gifting properly on Thursday (Australia time).

• Pam and Robinwood- could not get into your villages last night! (This is in addition to the seven other friends who I have not been able to visit for a looooong time!)

Comment

• Just wondering how long it has been that friends are not loading on the neighbourhood map. I've mentioned it on here a few times in recent weeks but it wasn't always the case. Also in recent weeks I've been getting "someone's" more often, in spite of loading the list at GC and neighbourhood map. Yesterday when I wanted to try to make another attempt at gifting Martin he wasn't on the map but I went to my village before I reloaded everything and there was a gift in his spot and I thought, I bet it is a "someone" because I knew his village hadn't loaded - sure enough, it was. (Sorry Martin I didn't mean to write as if you're not reading this. It's just a question or something to ponder for everyone).

Comment

• ejic12
          ejic12 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was really bad for me around Xmas time, but I have gone from a majority of "Someones" to maybe 5 (out of a little less than 50 friends). I feel much like Amberglass. I don't like defriending, and I'm not maniacal about people gifting every single day (RL happens after all) but I do clear out space every once in a while when people arent reciprocating AT ALL and their names never show up. It seems to have gotten better with the last two updates, but I have found that a) going back to the friend menu and making sure it loads before clicking on a newly received gift and b) not leaving unopened gifts before I close the game app significantly decreases the appearance of "Someones" I hope this helps!

• Pixlax
          Pixlax commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no problems entering and gifting friends villages but now 90% gifts left in my village are labeled as someone's. People go through the effort to gift they should be labeled properly. I know a few because of their chosen spot, I gift by the hot air balloon. I'm going to try what ejic12 recommended and see if that helps with the labels.

• Pixlax
          Pixlax commented
          Editing a comment
          Ejic12 I entered my village this morning I had three gifts waiting, I did what you recommended and all three gifts were labeled by name. Thank you!

• Amberglass, I'm having the same issue. "Someone" is on many of my gifts, too. Like you, I know where the regular gifters are, but it's frustrating not knowing about the rest for sure. I never have crashing issues, but the "Someone" issue needs some attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Smurf View Post
          Amberglass, I'm having the same issue. "Someone" is on many of my gifts, too. Like you, I know where the regular gifters are, but it's frustrating not knowing about the rest for sure. I never have crashing issues, but the "Someone" issue needs some attention.
          ooh you're a lucky smurf... I wish gifting isn't getting worse and worse... But i can't reach every day 5 friends and have over 20 crashed while gifting all the 70 people on my list...! And the someones roll all over my village.. 50-60% someones... I feel like this update make all crashes double... Its getting really annoying..! Sorry friends... Gifting is terrible and sometimes i ask myself why i do this... Maybe i love the pain?!?!

Comment

• The "someone" issue is massive. And it's made me more conscious of leaving gifts in the same spot so that people know it's me. Amberglass - I haven't quite decided where I like leaving gifts in your village but generally I've been leaving it in your little valentine's cove (just in case you didn't know that was me). Happy - since you shifted your cats to place the meerkats, I've shifted my gifting spot to where the cats are now. I think just about the only name that comes up these days is LightofFire's. Everyone else is a someone, which makes it difficult sometimes because I know not everyone is leaving a gift in return but there's no way of telling who now. A number of people tend to gift on my beach by the ship, so it's difficult to tell when everyone chooses an area like that simply because I can't tell who it was from.

Comment

• LightofFire
              LightofFire commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello again, i recieved your gift too, and it is one of the less that isn't labelled as "someone"! Great!

• ejic12
              ejic12 commented
              Editing a comment
              I've been leaving you gifts regularly, although I don't remember where I left it yesterday. From the sounds of your post i am a someone, but i have no problems getting through. What if I left my gift at the spa?

• happybird
              happybird commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for letting me know It didn't even occur to me about messing up gifting spots when I moved some stuff around the other day - sorry about that!

• Happenly my Sv don't crash when i visit villages, and i try to keep my list accurate with active players...some of the villages haven't been updated with the last verdien...i will start banish them soon if they still haven't updated..then i Will have room for new active friends...

Comment

• Hi neighbors, I'm having issues with Game Center today. Keep getting "oops" messages and friend lists in searching mode. I started to gift everyone on MD_mommy village but could only reach a couple on the SSY village. My apologies to those who I could not reach!

Comment

• Okay so I didn't really get an answer to my suggestion. I'd like to hear from forum members about their experiences. When all friends don't load properly, then that friend leaves a gift, they show up as "someone". I think I will put it on the problem thread for Beeline to answer or investigate. I hope Beeline can fix the neighbourhood map. And if the crashing was fixed too we would be extra happy smurfers.

Comment

• happybird
                  happybird commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have been having issues with excessive someone packages, also. Even when I return to my village after gifting, knowing full well my friends list is loaded and active, almost all the gifts still are labeled someone. At this point, I cannot tell who is leaving gifts, except for those with dedicated spots.

My friends list, when it actually loads, is complete. In the past, random friends have not loaded, but I haven't noticed it happening recently. I will pay closer attention over the next few days.

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll comment in that thread soon 😉

• chickadee2013
                  chickadee2013 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks guys. I know there are other issues causing someone's (server or maybe wifi) but it seems worse now.

• I gifted some friends on their planets yesterday, to check them out but I also went to gift spots out of habit Lol. Anyway I have seen some beautiful decorating. So nice to see the changes after the update. Will try to see more today so if you haven't got my gift at your spot, it will be on your planet. Hopefully I will get to your village tonight Martin. No luck so far. Off to visit now.

Comment

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Arghh...every night I plan to make next days gifting round on planet or mountain. And always remember áfter finishing gifting, LOL! It's so nice to see gifts up there, I like the way Felecia alternates gifting every once in a while. Always makes me curious and smiling discovering gifts on mountain and planet!

• Every single gift that I received today was labelled 'Someone'. At least I know who most of those 'someones' are as most of my gifters leave their present in the same place. Frustrating though. I'm positive that the number of gifts I've been receiving hasn't matched the number of friends that I have, and hasn't for weeks. Hopefully I haven't become one of the villages that crashes on my Friends.

Comment

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I assume that friends from forum will mention it in GT. Haven't seen your name as a crashing village yet. If most of your friends are outside forum it's harder to check.

• MarkusM
                  MarkusM commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point, Tapasz. All of my friends are from here in the Forum. They would have mentioned if I'd been crashing on them.

• Tapasz
                  Tapasz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I don't mention my crashes daily because they usually concern the same persons. And they know my "gifting habits" so that's easy for them. But remember.....not all registered in forum are "daily" gifters and/or posters 😉.

• Arrrggghh, cupcake...you have joined the unreachable

Comment

• Cupcake
                  Cupcake commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bummer, but I don't deserve gifts from you as I can't reach you either! For me, the worst thing is that we can't see each other's villages!
              Working...
              X