Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think all our friends have gone AWOL.

Comment

• Got into my friends' villages tonight, tried to gift, but also got the "they need to update" message. At least we all are aware of this issue. I see a silver lining coming soon...

Comment

• To all my smurfy friends, good news to most of you, I got to enter all your villages and got to gift and water all your flowers and palms. Now the bad news, @Gsev and Pmakm, although I can enter your villages, I can't seem to leave gifts as it keeps telling me that you haven't updated yet (which shouldn't be the case). I'll keep trying in the next few house. Sorry if you don't receive your gifts today.

Comment

• Missing four neighbors in my village. It says that Lilly,PMAKM, and Lele not updated although I was gifting them before this problem. Other than that, I had my two usual crashes.

Comment

• Well today was one of the better days, i was able to gift about 70% of my friends
            *happy smurf dance*

sry to the rest I got the `not undated`msg for them...

Comment

• What do you know, finally found what's causing our gifting problems...

The announcement was so well hidden in the beeline site (under support). I just wish they could've made an announcement here in the forums to spare us all this agony.

*Sorry for double posting this, just want to spread the word.
              Last edited by smurfy bear; 05-22-2014, 04:31 AM. Reason: added paragraph spacing

Comment

• tzr1877
                tzr1877 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Smurfy. I am surprised that Spelling Bee or Worker Bee didn't alert us to the server issue.

• Kelly Hoon
                Kelly Hoon commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the information Smurfy Bear

• For goodness sake!!! Why the frig didn't they just SAY SO!!! They just let us worry for days. Super P****ed off!!!!!

Comment

• Caro
                Caro commented
                Editing a comment
                And thank YOU smurfy bear for telling us. Appreciate it!

• Seahorse
                Seahorse commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for the update Smurfy Bear. This is out of control! It's been 3 days for me unable to gift anyone. Sorry 😢

• Hello everyone! I am so sorry for not gifting. I drop my iPad and it crashed. It is at iPad hospital right now. I though it was only going to be for one or two days but I received it yesterday and it turned off as soon as I took it on my hands! I am really worried! I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Comment

• chickadee2013
                chickadee2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ouch! Hope the smurfs are okay.

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you get it back in good working order for the weekend.

• I was able to gift most of my friends today! However, IndyThrasher and Gsev1, I could not gift because of "needs to update." Sunny, Stacy9107, And Roby-Auslan I could not enter at all due to "internet connection." I will try your villages later today.

Comment

• I wander will beeline give us any free sb to compensate for their server maintainence

Comment

• JudiBe
                  JudiBe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hmmmmm...............maybe?...................nah!

• happybird
                  happybird commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My other two games do this and it is very appreciated. Beeline seems to have missed the boat on that one. 😕

• Playing on a hunch here but maybe all our smurfy neighbors that we can't gift now because their village supposedly hadn't been updated yet (but we know that they had indeed updated already) had either ignored the recent pop up asking us if we want to link our game to GC or answered "no" to the question. Beeline's server maintenance may have involved the need for us to resend our current game save thus the pop up question. Hope I'm making some sense.

Comment

• smurfy bear
                  smurfy bear commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I stand corrected, my hunch is wrong about the pop up. But I don't think it has anything to do with the bug fix update. I think I'm one of the early updaters once the bug fix update was released but I was able to gift everyone. Besides, I was able to gift all the supposedly who didn't update before the server maintenance. It seems one of our common link is Gsev. I wonder what we've done that she hasn't that's causing the server to think she hasn't updated yet? (I can gift her before the server maintenance)

• Unicorn Smurf
                  Unicorn Smurf commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I suppose all we can do is guess, right Smurfy? LOL!! You're right... Gsev definitely seems to be a common link among several of us. I hope we are able to gift her soon. Maybe by the end of Friday, all will be well with gifting for everyone, and we will start to forget that we were having any issues at all! 😊

• Gsev_1
                  Gsev_1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hi guys! I apologize for being gone for awhile...it's been an extremely busy week with my kids award ceremonies & graduations...I haven't had a chance to check & see if there were any new updates...sorry...I'll get to it now while I have a chance. I also apologize for not gifting the past few days & thank you to those who kept gifting or at least kept trying to. I'll do my best to return the favor today

• Gifting is a real issue because I can only intermiittently get the friend list to load! I got the list earlier today, but when it crashed, I couldn't get it to load again! Will keep trying...

Comment

• All my friends loaded this morning and I was able to get into everyone's villages. I was able to gift everyone except for GSev's main village.

Comment

• Gsev_1
                    Gsev_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Markus! I'm sorry I've had a hectic week & haven't had an opportunity to check for an update or gift...really sorry about that...will check now while I have a chance & return to gifting...thank you for continuing to gift even though I haven't returned the favor in the past few days...I'll rectify that today

• MarkusM
                    MarkusM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem, Gsev. I know how hectic life can be.

• My friends list finally loaded today and I was able to gift everyone. 😀
                  I didn't notice much difference, but there seem to be a few changes? For the first time in months, both Ray and Dharmasmurf loaded on the first try, no crashing. That made me very, very happy. My other crashers crashed as usual and Jundarer crashed on the first attempt, as well. I hope that one was just a fluke and not a permanent change. The slow loaders still loaded very slowly. In fact, all the villages seemed to take longer than usual to load.
                  Hopefully, they are ironing more issues out because these minor changes don't seem worth the stress and missed gifting we have gone through the past few days. 😐
                  Last edited by happybird; 05-22-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• smurfy bear
                    smurfy bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hi Happybird, I think you can safely perform the papa smurf hidden recovery as I believe the save game on that is located in your device and not on the servers. I advice you to perform a itunes/icloud backup first just to be sure. Tapasz also said that GC backup is also working so if anything goes south, you have several options left. Best to perform the hidden recovery early so that you won't loose that much progress in your game.

• Tapasz
                    Tapasz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Try offline, if anything goes wrong you can sync back to GC. (Not sure if it's possible offline, never used it. But it should work as it's on your device like Smurfy said)

• happybird
                    happybird commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just safely restored my game while in airplane mode. Lost 5 or 6 SB earned from my wonders, but it is worth it.

Edit: my wonder SB were ready to collect again! I didn't realize they would reappear! Excellent!
                    Last edited by happybird; 05-22-2014, 10:47 PM.

• Finished my gifting run and got to gift almost everyone. @Gsev, sorry again but still can't leave you a gift as it keeps telling me you haven't updated yet, I'll keep trying for the rest of the day. @Pmakm, hope your ipad will make a speedy recovery

Comment

• PMAKM
                    PMAKM commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Smurfy Bear, I am praying.... I feel like I am missing my right hand! Hihihi....

• Gsev_1
                    Gsev_1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No need to apologize smurfy bear...the fault lies on my side...I'll check for an update & I apologize for not gifting the past couple of days & being AWOL...thank you for continuing to be an awesome friend

• smurfy bear
                    smurfy bear commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice to have you back Gsev
                Working...
                X