Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JudieBe and Chickadee, you might be on to something!! (But it is reeeaaaallly time consuming).

Today I gifted all my non-crashers, then went back to my village. Then back to friends list and gifted an 'always' crasher, and it worked, got in. Then risked it and gifted a 'sometimes' crasher, and it also worked. Then went back to my village again. Back to friends list and gifted an 'always' crasher followed by a 'sometimes' crasher successfully again. Back to my village again....and so on. Worked for about 4 rotations, but fell apart when I tried to gift 2 'always' crashers in one go.....crashed on the second.

I will keep testing & get back to you. It's a horribly time consuming work-around, but may be better than crashing out of the game so often.

Comment

• tzr1877
      tzr1877 commented
      Editing a comment
      I followed the above pattern for gifting and it worked! I did not crash even once but it did take much longer so although there was no advantage from a time perspective, it did feel good. I'll keep testing and will report back.

• I give up on the GC id experiment as its not helping any of you reach my village but I'll definitely try Chicka and JudiBe's method of exiting the friends list before visiting crashing villages. Will report my experience in a few days.

Comment

• It works. It really works. For the first time in years I didn't crash once on a gifting round. Not once. But it took so long, it was exhausting. I'm too tired to even be excited. Uugh.

Comment

• chickadee2013
        chickadee2013 commented
        Editing a comment
        I've been having an easy time lately, with usually only one crash but then guess what? Last night I crashed all over the place . It definitely helps me though if I don't gift two likely crashers in a row.

• Tapasz
        Tapasz commented
        Editing a comment
        You might be right smurfy because I didn't crash on a "second time succesful" village. I could enter that first try using this method. But that doesn't solve my problem....going back and forth is almost as fast as restarting.

• tzr1877
        tzr1877 commented
        Editing a comment
        This regime continues to work for me 👍 but it takes soooo long 👎. I did try skipping a step yesterday and I immediately crashed so I returned to this protracted method today and as noted already it did work. Fingers crossed this info helps the studio fix the problem.

• Hi friends

I visited everyone's islands today and watered palms and left gifts on the island if your gift choice was resources, otherwise left gift at normal spot. Can I just say WOW!!! I had such a great time seeing all your amazing creations and what you have done with all these great updates lately! I have got to get busy and whip my village into shape! Look forward to seeing all your spooky Halloween decorating! And thanks for all your gifts! You all are the greatest smurf friends!

Comment

• Last night I had real trouble gifting even some of the villages that usually only crash once- I couldn't get into some at all, like Cassis. Pearl has been inaccessible all week. I had hoped it was because the update was in progress, but that is obviously not the reason. I hope this is not a trend.

Comment

• We were away this weekend, and I was unable to gift. But back now and able to visit everyone thanks to my new gifting regime! Thank you to all those that gifted regardless. You are super smurfy friends

Comment

• Hi everyone! I just wanted to apologize for my lack of gifting lately. I put "away" in my status because I'm spending a lot of time in the Palliative care unit with my oldest brother. He doesn't have long to live.... :-( Because of that, my game use/ wifi is sporadic. I apologize..... I guess I didn't realize how my non gifting was affecting my friends until I got a PM tonight, informing me that I was being unfriended. :-( If anyone else needs to unfriend me, please feel free to do so. I will understand. Happy Smurfing.

Comment

• DharmaSmurf
            DharmaSmurf commented
            Editing a comment
            So sorry to hear that, Amber. I love your village and will keep you as a friend. I'm not really fussed about getting gifts all the time. Take care x

• Amberglass
            Amberglass commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you everyone, I deeply appreciate your kind words...I promise to gift when I can. :-)

• PMAKM
            PMAKM commented
            Editing a comment
            Take all the time you need and take care of yourself in these difficult times. Remain strong, take care of your family and seize each second with them.

• To my Smurfy neighbours: I've not been around on the forum much lately, except for casual lurking. I started my PGCE (teacher training) about a month ago. It's a super intense course (a bit like trying to do 3 years of university in just the one). As a result my gifting is now sporadic and basically a "if I can" kind of game. Some days I've managed consecutive gifting and others I've gone 3 or 4 days without being able to. I have no set rhythm and it really depends on my workload. So my apologies that I can't always gift regularly and I won't be offended if you need to unfriend.

Comment

• jileha
            jileha commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck with your course! Whenever you have time (and/or energy) - that's my motto as well!

• No worries Dharma.... I hope your teacher training goes well....I won't be unfriending you.

Comment

• Hey guys, sorry that I haven't been gifting for a while (a long time I should say), I've just been very busy with all these assignments and tests coming and piling up on me 😁😁😁😁 I just wanted to inform that I've changed my GC name from Smurfy-J to TheDoctorW30 (Doctor Who fandom taking over me) sorry for any inconviniences caused!

Comment

• chickadee2013
              chickadee2013 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope your assignments and tests go well.

Psst ... What do you think of Peter Capaldi? I think he was a great choice. I liked him in Local hero too.

• Smurfy-J
              Smurfy-J commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Capaldi is brilliant, love his stories so far! I still miss Matt Smith 😔😔

• Hello everybody! Sorry for double posting this message. I didn't realize there is a separate conversation about gifting

I want to thank all of you who kept visiting my village and gifting me patiently over the past few weeks, despite the mess in all my areas and my irregular gifting. I am currently in transition from the West to East coast and packing, selling our house, cross country driving trip and house-hunting too almost all my time! While I am still not settled down, at least I have regular access to the internet now and I will go back to visiting you as often as before

Can't wait to see how your villages have changed!
            Maruda

Comment

• Gifting still is a PITA! Crashing a lot and still can't reach some of my friends who still gift me while I haven't been able to return in months! I really appreciate it but would absolutely understand if you stopped gifting me till I finally can reach you again! The debt increases each day 😢. On a positive note: Tzr seems to have shifted to the group which takes 2-3 attempts to visit since this week 😊.

Comment

• tzr1877
                tzr1877 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tapasz ... it was a pleasant surprise to see your gifts. I have had a crash free week .... have been using the regime described above by JudiBe, Caro and Chickadee. It is tedious but seems to be working for me.

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                That regime doesn't work for me sadly. Hope I don't jinx it now....but seem to slowly catch up on you 😉

• Tapasz
                Tapasz commented
                Editing a comment
                Arghhh....should have kept quiet 😱. Hope tomorrow is a better day..

• Can't seem to sync my game to GC and friendslist isn't loading. In a bit of a hurry so if it won't show soon I have to skip. Sorry!

Comment

• Pearl Lilly
                Pearl Lilly commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here. I've been trying to get into friends villages since I came home tonight. It took ages to get a friendslist but I still cannot enter 😡 What is going on?

• Please let it be because they are fixing gifting.....pleeeeeease........

Comment

• Hi friends, sorry I was late to the party this time (Nat update). I didn't realise it was available all day. It was fast through Apple this time! Then I had issues with my backup to iCloud due to my lack of space on my iPad. I don't like to update until I've backed up. I can't use iTunes backup at the moment either but that's another story.

Comment

Working...
                X