No announcement yet.

[IP] Freeze or reduce the amount of XP needed to level up at the higher levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [IP] Freeze or reduce the amount of XP needed to level up at the higher levels

Please freeze the absolute amount of XP needed to go up one level at some point in the higher levels.

I remember reading that the amount of XP needed to level up increases by 10% each level. This has not been a huge issue until recently, as the amounts and increments were still reasonably attainable. However, as Beeline has continued to add levels, the 10% increase on each higher level makes it very, very difficult to level up between updates unless you turn every inch of your game into an XP producing machine, which is not the point of the game.

Even though leveling up is not the point of the game, it is still frustrating. As an example, if it takes 700,000 XP to go up 1%, you need 70,000,000 XP to level up. On the next level you would need 77,000,000 to level up. And the multiplier makes the leaps bigger and bigger with each level, and becomes more and more unrealistic. I think that at some point very soon, no one will be able to keep up!

Though I'm still maxed out on updating I think you're right on this. It's taking insane amounts of xp to level up and gets worse every update. I even know people stopped playing because of it. (They started late and don't have the same opportunties we got, same goes for the wonders). It would be fair if all other revenues increased by 10% as well, like on the minigames. If they made the crop/shrub revenue equally increase with 10% it could work out.

Comment

This definitely needs to be implemented. I didn't reach max level on the latest update and it's very slow to gain 1% even with thousands of xp giving items/plants. I believe the number needed to gain 1% at level 78 is somewhere between 550k-600k xp's. Leveling up would definitely frustrate new players especially if they're using the conventional planting method.

Comment

• Cupcake
        Cupcake commented
        Editing a comment
        Smurfy, I think it is even more than that, because I can collect over 600,000 XP and not even go up 1%!

• smurfy bear
        smurfy bear commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow, I guessed it wrong, 600+k to raise 1% is too much.

I think this was coded early on when this many levels were not anticipated. Time to rethink it, please, Beeline!

Comment

Oh yes!!! I have thought this for a really long time. The xp requirements to level up are crazy now.

Comment

I think it's readjustment time again. If I remember correctly, beeline has done it twice already in the past.

Comment

• Tenny
            Tenny commented
            Editing a comment
            I remember it, too. And I leveled up, too. I guess it happened two times and it was ages ago. I would say it must have been after the famous christmas glitch and I'm sure it wasn't in the last twelcve month ...

• Tapasz
            Tapasz commented
            Editing a comment
            Smurfy is right, they adjusted the amount of xp needed at least once before. But....only for low levels. As I was at max already (and you probably were too) we didn't notice any increase.

• Cupcake
            Cupcake commented
            Editing a comment
            Aha, that is what happened, Tapasz!

We are about to get a new update, and probably a new level, one that takes even more XP! Please tell us you've leveled and frozen the amount of XP needed, Beeline!

Comment

In fact it needs to come down a little bit & then frozen. I only just levelled up to 78 and it took me the time between 2 updates to do it. With a new level 80 (nice even number) to be added, I think it's time to stop the incremental xp increase with each level added.

Comment

Yes, I agree, Caro. Thanks for making that clear. Keeping up has been problematic for at least several levels now. I'm an active player so collect XP constantly, but I've had to add a lot of purely XP producing items just to semi keep up, to the detriment of the aesthetics of my village.

Comment

I think this is why they've been adding small foot printed high XP valued items to the game, like the smurfs in the sand that gains 750 xps. Another thing I discovered is that bonus-earning games like harmony hut increases the xps with each level. For instance, with all ukuleles placed properly around harmony hut, Smurf'n'Wave earns 31,513 xps at level 79. By level 80, we will be earning 31,912 Xps for that song, and Level 100 will earn 39,889 Xps.
                Last edited by Vicky; 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Vicky, I think you are right, but they cost SBs and you'd need hundreds to make any real difference at the higher levels! And because the requirements go up every level, and because it is a percentage the absolute amounts are soaring, 750 XP doesn't mean much anymore.

Comment

Also, tracker can really earn you quite a bit each week.

Comment

• Caro
                      Caro commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just wondering, what level you are at, Vicky?

• Vicky
                      Vicky commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm at 79 and my mom is at 71. We both have uks around our harmony huts, and I noticed her xp count was lower, so I did a bunch of math and came up with the figures.

I'm an everyday player and gave up on leveling up a while ago (I guess I'm level 66 right now?) The new weather vane really gave an XP boost to my village. And I thought about filling my village with it and level to maximum. But what for? To have month and month of peace afterwards, cause I wouldn't be able to reach another level without the weather vanes. How scary is this for beginners? Sure, they can start the game nice and cozy (as it was supposed to be) and after a while realize how demanding it is, to level up and complete the wonders and they will start to cheat.
                    I really want new items to be added at higher levels, but only if these levels are reachable with a normal village.

I'm all in for this idea!

Comment

I am giving up on reaching the MAX since a couple of update ago since the XP required to level-up a level is getting super duper huge now at lvl 75+. The only possible way is to buy enormous amount of items and animal to level up quickly. Any other possible way?

Comment

• Vicky
                        Vicky commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Smurfy, it only costs you 125 coins if you sell them back instead of deleting them. ;^)

• smurfy bear
                        smurfy bear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I do sell them back now Vicky but before we have the coin exchange there's no other option but to delete them

• Kareelia
                        Kareelia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I did the sunflower thing as well.. and when I got to lazy to be deleting and had enough gold, I just bought .. hats!! Some of those hats I have in the thousands, but its fast XP, - they dont have to be placed and deleted.. and of course, its optimal to get them when Tracker is at 2.0 bonus.. ;-)

Sooner or later they really have to stop adding new levels. First off, the xp required to level up is reaching preposterous levels. I think the only way to level up quickly is to have hundreds of $99.99 mansions. Second, with no real benefit other than getting 4sb and the option to add a new hut, I don't think it's worth the effort. We can earn the 4sb faster by concentrating all our efforts to finish the smurfy wonders. As for the huts, the character limit will be its biggest stumbling block. I'm already at character limit on my island and nearing it on my other areas that I've stopped building huts since a few updates ago just in case the character limit does increase in the future (and I won't be able to recover the lost smurfs). I don't think new players who've started in the past year would be able to reach max level ever (through natural ways) if the xp requirement will not be freezed and adjusted.

Comment

• tzr1877
                        tzr1877 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hmmm ... not sure why my comment is 'unapproved'?? I found the reference to the adjustment and did a copy/paste ... perhaps Beeline doesn't approve of that site?

• smurfy bear
                        smurfy bear commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You used a naughty word Tzr that's why its unapproved. Maybe "hamster" is the magic word But seriously, you used a word that the scammers normally use to infiltrate our forum and it will just take a little while before Ms. Bee approves it

• Schtroumpfette
                        Schtroumpfette commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Amen on this.

If the rewards for leveling up were more substantial, even then I'd think twice. I've been playing since 2010, restarted three times because of Android instability, and I'm on Level 92.

I don't do Tracker or the Message in a bottle quests. There are only so many hammocks one needs. I have those little windmill/weathervanes all over, and I grow as many of those high xp trees on the mountain as I can with as much stardust as I can raise in between smurfy wonder construction.

I introduced a friend to the game and she bailed after the first week. She found it overwhelming. My other two family members who played both gave up on the game almost a year ago. They were on iOS.
                    Working...
                    X