Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ND] Adjust the color of the indicators above the Little Ghosts to make the Spooky Ghost Village Event easier to play with snow on the ground!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ND] Adjust the color of the indicators above the Little Ghosts to make the Spooky Ghost Village Event easier to play with snow on the ground!

Please Bongfish, colour the bouncing signs of the ghost game, as long as there is snow in the village. In the snow you don't see the white signs.

Yes please. It’s impossible at the moment.
    Folks have pointed ot that if you have the effects turned on the ghosts do glow at night which helps....but thats. not a work around for everyone, and at the most you can play twice a day instead of the normal 3

Enamoured is almost as bad

Comment

• Morning Sky
      Morning Sky commented
      Editing a comment
      In a village with many glowing objects at night, finding ghosts at night is even more difficult than searching by day.

Morning Sky & skydiver118 I'll make sure and bring this up with the Development Team.

Comment

I had no issue playimg the game in daylight mode could see the ghosts very clearly

Comment

• Caro
        Caro commented
        Editing a comment
        I had no problem either. 🙂

• Morning Sky
        Morning Sky commented
        Editing a comment
        Not every village is the same. It makes a huge difference how dense or varied a village is.

I don't have a problem either. The ghosts and their signs are clearly visible. I do play on an android phone though so maybe there's something in the display settings?

Comment

Here’s what it looks like on my ipod

I find the ghosts very challenging to see, white on white

Comment

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          Spelling Bee gave us a great hint: If you turn on your effects, you can clearly see the white ghosts, even in a fully decorated village with many glowing items!

• AlleycatttSmurf
          AlleycatttSmurf commented
          Editing a comment
          I wonder if it’s people who are a bit colour blind that have trouble seeing them? Because the bouncing sign is actually beige and really noticeable against the white to me.

There’s many of us that have no trouble seeing them, but there also seems to be many people that do. So either way it’s probably best if they can make a change that works for the people that are having trouble, since it won’t really affect the people who aren’t.

Here is a pic of the ghosts with the effects turned on! Since you can turn the effects on and off in the menu, you can play as often as the game is ready!

Last edited by Cupcake; 11-30-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
          Editing a comment
          They really are super noticeable with the night effect on...

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          But in my village I have much more glowing items:

And there are only a few seconds to watch every part of the village - and you are tapping acting...

at night, yes. But turning on the effects isn’t always an option. On my ipod, even though it’s a 6th gen and the newest device, sometimes just opening the game crashes it as it struggles t render all the bouncing XP dots. Not to mention that the extra blue of full night often makes other parts of hte game harder to see, especially on a smaller screen.

On iOS devices, my indicators arent beige, they’re full white...the same color as the snow.

But even on my ipad, where I do have the effects turned on, it’s only night twice a day on my device, I get up at 6 so can play morning and night when it’s darker but the midday play is full sun, so to speak, so not dark.

Its not the end of the world. I mean, in the winter grouchy’s game is also near impossible to play, grey clouds on white, so I just don’t play it.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
          Editing a comment
          happybird I forgot about that crazy dress phenomenon😮 I know people got sick of it really quickly, but I actually thought it was totally fascinating.

That could be exactly what’s going on here!

• Cupcake
          Cupcake commented
          Editing a comment
          skydiver118, you can turn the night effects on and off very easily in the ‘Settings’ menu on the lower left of the screen, and the good news is that you can do it anytime, day or night! I don’t play with the effects on, either, I just turn ‘night’ on when I play the game, or to adjust things while decorating, then I turn it right off again!

• Evanna
          Evanna commented
          Editing a comment
          AlleycatttSmurf
          Definitly beige! There's a clear difference in colour.

Not saying that this means that nobody might struggle with it, just agreeing with Alleycattt that the signs indeed are beige.

Hiya everyone! I've spoken with Bongfish and they've said they will make some changes to make the event easier to play.

Comment

• Morning Sky
          Morning Sky commented
          Editing a comment
          Thankyou Spelling Bee. That's good news!

Or make the ghosts flash

Comment

Or different screens and how they render color. I will admit, I zoomed in close and the tags are a bit beige.....but more an oatmeal vs white kinda of contrast. nothing striking on my screen

Also, as noted, if you have a lot of glowy stuff in your village it complicates the nighttime playing (I have some white flowers in my garden that I think are ghosts....and even the ghost balloons you win from the game give you momentary false positives)

Another issue is...the more you zoom in the harder it is to navigate the whole area of a fully expanded village in 45 seconds.

Even before there was snow on teh ground I only won on my ipod maybe once a day. I’d run out of time the rest of the time. But the zoom in, hard to scroll and find and explore thing has been a long running issue with village event games on small screens.

There’s a good chance that the game is designed by folks playing on larger ipad or android table screens. It is a different game on a phone or ipod screen.

ANd it looks like all of us have different experiences based on our devices and screens. Have a device that has a larger color spectrum and you will probably see different colors vs one with less colors (Can you imagine what the village would look like if you had a really, really old device with only 32 colors like it used to be?

THe higher resolution a screen, the broader color spectrum, the more shades a person can have on their screen.

Regardless of how any of us see things, Bongfish is going to tweak something so fingers crossed that it’s a fix for many and nothing ‘bad’ for those not having issues.

Comment

• AlleycatttSmurf
            Editing a comment
            I’m sure what you are saying about devices is true as well, but I think we might actually be seeing the colours a bit differently like that dress phenomenon that happybird brought up😮 To my eyes your iPod screenshot colours look exactly the same as my iPad screenshot.

When I play I don’t fully zoom out. I stay zoomed in enough to see my Village in six equal sections (no overlapping like when fully zoomed out). I find that it makes spotting the ghosts quicker and easier.

While the event style games are definitely a bit easier on my iPad (more time left), I don’t have any difficulty winning them on my phone. So I don’t think they are just making them for people with larger screens. I’m sure they know many people play on their phones. I played on my phone for the first five plus years.

I don’t *think* that if they make it easier for the people having problems that it will simultaneously make it harder for the people not having issues, But imagine if it does haha! That would actually be kinda funny😂😂😂

• Evanna
            Evanna commented
            Editing a comment
            Screens are so different. It's a nightmare for everybody who edits photos/makes graphics. It's hell. Five different screens yield five different pictures. It's entirely possible that your iPod has very pale colours with little contrast. My iPad mini shows the signs as beige andnot pale beige but brown beige. My friend's Galaxy Tab 2's colours are easily twice as bright and vibrant and intense as they are on my device, so in her case it might be even more obvious.

I guess those search games are always more difficult for people like Morning Sky who have extremely full villages. The more items, the more difficult it becomes to find anything. Or for those on very small screens (with bad contrast).

• skydiver118
            skydiver118 commented
            Editing a comment
            Evanna We had a person here that always - my opinion anyway - went nuts calibrating her screen and fussing over getting it to certain tones and I would say ‘you know, that is going to be seen on 100 different types of screens, nice that you want to calibrate but really you’re spending a lot of time fussing over details that really dont’ matter in the end becaue everyone will see it differently no matter how you calibrate your screen’.

Nice attention to detail but likley hours she didn’t need to spend trying to attain an impossible standard. All in all a fwe shades won’t make much difference.

Nothing has changed in version 1.55.0.
          I fail and fail, and fail and ...

Comment

Working...
          X