Featured villages change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Featured villages change

This one may be slightly controversial but I would put in a request that we go back to the old way of showing Featured Villages. I love looking around the Smurfy world for people’s villages that are inspirational, beautiful and up to date. I respect that people play in different ways, with different agendas, but I do think that many of the Featured Villages in today’s game feature those that are simply trying to collect as many likes as they can. I don’t see much evidence of up to date play, with new themes from recent updates and frankly, some of the villages displayed are a right old mess. It’s such a shame and not a brilliant advert for the game and incoming new players.

The old system where the developers chose people to have their villages featured and invited players to accept the honour, was much better. I realise that might be more work for our Smurfy powers that be, but Featured Villages should be a showcase for the amazing talent and creativity that’s out there, not another example of our sad, Social Media ‘Like’ driven culture. I would suggest a yearly (or maybe 6month) selection process where different people have a chance to showcase, say 10 villages. What an incentive for players to keep playing and updating and making the hidden gems that we know are out there. People could always decline, if they don’t want their villages made public, or request they remain anonymous even?

Artyharry I agree! I think there are some wonderful villages out there and I would love to see them featured. I just don’t bother looking at the current lot, although I’m sure some of them (but definitely not all) probably are worth checking out... as you say, so many of them are just there because they’ve managed somehow (no idea how) to get huge amounts of ‘likes’.
    Cases - or should I say ‘injustices’! - in point - Morning Sky. is way down the list, and yosinori saitou. isn’t even there any more! Thank you for posting this
    Last edited by Chat noir; 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      I know, it’s a real shocker isn’t it? Two good shouts there with Yosinori and Morning Sky. Cupcake’s village is heavenly too and should be right up there. So many more incredible designers out there. These villages deserve to be seen and celebrated. I remember my initial inspiration for gameplay came from the old days with villages selected by Beeline or Bongfish (I can’t remember) and a stunning realistic village right up my street, from a player who I think may have been Pearl Lily. I remember seeing it when I was right at the start of my village and I was desperate to have a village like her’s. It initiated a game that I have enjoyed so much over the years and I’m so grateful I got to see what she had created. Featured villages should inspire that kind of a response. PopReach are missing a trick here, I think.

• PearlLilly
      PearlLilly commented
      Editing a comment
      Artyharry thank you from the bottom of my heart for remembering me. I means the world to me! I have stopped playing for a long time and when I came back it was a bit overwhelming with all the things to catch up. I’m sad and embarrassed with the mess my village has become and I didn’t find time to decorate properly like I used to do in the past. Your post is for sure a motivation ☺️

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      PearlLilly, so lovely to be back in touch with you again. I’ve messaged you. I’m so glad you saw my post and realised I was talking about you. 🥰

What I think happened was, when the friending system was started there were those very enthusiastic souls that friended everyone under the sun, just to get the likes to e featured. And then they got so much of a head start that no one else can catch up.

Comment

• Artyharry
      Artyharry commented
      Editing a comment
      skydiver118 do you think PopReach might listen to the request? It would be so lovely to return to how things were and see some real showcased gems again.

• skydiver118
      skydiver118 commented
      Editing a comment
      Artyharry Can’t hurt. They weren’t involved with the featured villages started so may not realize all that’s happened iwth them. It could be a good suggestion that maybe they reset every so often if there’s a way to do that.
Working...
X